Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a McDojo?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Just to make it clear.

    Originally posted by M O B I U S
    I believe Mr Miagi from Karate Kid embraced what a martial artist is.

    Comment


      Originally posted by V E S P E R
      J-Kid, martial arts reinforces those values. Remember that with great power comes great resposibility.

      Comment


        I would like to apologize for the way I spoke to Osiris. It is hard for this subject not to get personal. I would never allow anything of that manner to occur inside, or outside of my studio.

        Comment


          "Think of it in terms of a gun. You know that if the gun is loaded, and you point it at someone, then pull the trigger that a bullet is going to rip through that persons body. You do not need to practice shooting people"
          that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard, people who need to shoot guns, like the army or cops or even just joe gun nut, spend hours and hours at rifle ranges practising hard............. go spar, you two dumbasses may even be able to slap each other sensible

          Comment


            Usally your parents teach you that type of stuff when you are growing up, next thing you are going to tell me is your sensai is giving you the "TALK" tommorrow.

            Its true that it dos teach you some resposibility, but i know alot of people that are a hell of alot more responsibe then most martial artist and they have never stepped foot in a Dojo or a Gym.

            True they should reforce some elements but you make it should like thats the main goal of martial arts. I think you may find your self better placed in a Etiquette school or something dude.

            Maybe open your heart and mind and research around about what a mcdojo is, and then decide for your self if you are in one or not.
            Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
            -Styles i train in-
            Judo
            Bjj
            Mtkickboxing
            Western boxing
            Wrestling

            Comment


              Tell me drunkenj, what are they practicing when they shoot those guns? They dont just fire wherever they want just to make the bullet come out do they?

              Comment


                It's not like we have never sparred, its just not a part of the curriculum.

                Comment


                  no --- they fire at man shaped targets, or play battle games in which they can 'die'----- you and your buddy are just firing in the air to hear the 'bang'

                  Comment


                    Lets get this straight then. Many members of our school spar, but it is only recreational. We do not include sparring as part of any test.

                    Comment


                      The only time it takes up class time is late at night, open to all who are interested, during the summer break. Other than that, we are really busy on perfecting the traditional parts of the art.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by V E S P E R
                        It's not like we have never sparred, its just not a part of the curriculum.

                        Comment


                          One more time.

                          Originally posted by M O B I U S
                          I believe Mr Miagi from Karate Kid embraced what a martial artist is.

                          Comment


                            I actually enjoy sparring and would not mind amending the art to includ it, but that is not my decision. I still stand firm in what we do practice in Bakido.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by J-kid
                              Usally your parents teach you that type of stuff when you are growing up, next thing you are going to tell me is your sensai is giving you the "TALK" tommorrow.

                              Its true that it dos teach you some resposibility, but i know alot of people that are a hell of alot more responsibe then most martial artist and they have never stepped foot in a Dojo or a Gym.

                              True they should reforce some elements but you make it should like thats the main goal of martial arts. I think you may find your self better placed in a Etiquette school or something dude.

                              Maybe open your heart and mind and research around about what a mcdojo is, and then decide for your self if you are in one or not.
                              Care to respond
                              Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
                              -Styles i train in-
                              Judo
                              Bjj
                              Mtkickboxing
                              Western boxing
                              Wrestling

                              Comment


                                M O B I U S and V E S P E R


                                Do you guys have any other previouse martial arts training out side of Bakido?
                                Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
                                -Styles i train in-
                                Judo
                                Bjj
                                Mtkickboxing
                                Western boxing
                                Wrestling

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X