Fang Shen Do: Tales From the Inner Circle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fang Shen Do: Tales From the Inner Circle

Whoa. Quite the story and does fall in line with the general themes we've seen before (except for the sexual connotations seem new). Though, it seems those are very specific stories while trying to remain anonymous... (ole Jackie-boy might be able to place you from those)

Comment

Dude

That is one incredible post !!!

I can't believe how fucking crazy those guys are!!!!!!!!!

El Maniaco

Comment

Woah indeed. Thanks for posting. Hopefully others will follow your lead.

This in particular is exactly what I felt. Many of the really top, invested, kool-aid drinking students were exactly like this. I'm not surprised sex would be involved. Most cults go down that path sooner or later.

I like the "tiger-by-the-tail" story. I can just imagine the looks on the faces of the students. You should have said it was his chi that was too strong, though.

I wonder if this post will draw a reaction.
        Last edited by myrmecophilous; 6/14/2007 8:26pm, .

Comment

good read bro.

i never knew much about sJP, his training system and such. i always wondered about the early WCD/FSD years... it's good to hear from personal experience.

the FSD as i know, differs VERY MUCH from what you describe (as far as my experience goes). they are very very concerned about membership retention.

even the master's club is solely dependant on the fees.

Comment

oh, and i read awhile back about silat and patenaude... at one point, apprently sJP claimed to teach penkat silat but he was disowned? can you detail on this?

Comment

Great read. We really appreciate it.
              It would be great if some of the other Inner Circle people would come forward to post.

Comment

Fantastic post. Thank you very much for detailing out your experience so clearly and lucidly. Chilling to think about what people get away with, and what they are willing to do to their fellow man.

Comment

damn, and I thought my old kung fu school was cultish, yours is just unreal

Comment

Hi Ghyslain. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. These personal stories (by yourself and others)have been by far the most powerful indictment of the FSD organization.

Comment

Fantastic, look forward to hearing more. This is an excellent contribiution to consumer awareness in martial arts. :)

Comment

WOW, what an amazing story. Thank you for bringing this out into the light.

Comment

Up until I left about 1.5 years ago, they still taught the full nelson escape assuming the fingers would be interlaced. I had similar experiences with failing to correctly interlace my fingers. Not with the "Grandmaster", of course.

Comment

Three questions:

1. Is everyone pretty well convinced that this guy is genuine? I'm still feeling a little skeptical. Nothing personal. I can easily imagine this guy being a much better version of "Mantis" from the Comba-Tai thread--a guy who shows up to cheerlead and parrot what he thinks Bullshido wants to hear, then turns and tries to get everyone to turn with him.

2. I don't see how it's possible to hide your identity if those stories are true. Patenaude would have to know who you are instantly.

3. Not really a question--don't totally discount Patenaude's story about the street guy masturbating on the wooden dummy. It's not exactly the same thing, but I worked at Best Buy for a couple of years not long ago and had to work two day-after-Thanksgiving sales. These are crazy days when thousands of people go through the store and the lines stretch all the way around the entire big-box building. Both years I worked, we found human feces in places like furniture displays on at least two days during the after-Thanksgiving week. This was considered normal. Again, not the same thing, but if you can imagine walking into Best Buy on the busiest day of the year, dropping trou and defecating on the carpet in the middle of an aisle, surely you can contemplate masturbating on a Wing Chun practice floor.

Seriously, you guys, I thought my life would turn out so differently than this. It's Friday night and I'm taking a break from pulling up carpet in the living room to post this crap.
                            Where did my mom go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Gwinn
                              Where did my mom go wrong?
                              IF only you joined the super secret crazy tuesday midnight workouts...

then you'd know.

I don't particularly care for the whole 'impressionable youth getting taken advantage of' angle, and not sure if it rings true or not, but I *totally* buy the rest of the cult-y stuff. Been there, seen that.

The level of devotion is very high among the 'sifu' class. And to be honest, as soon as he started to let normal humans be sifus, he started to see them not be as devoted. It's almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X