Are high-kicks really useful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emerald Torch View Post
    Just some friends of mine. By "real" I mean not some white belt. I guess I should have said experianced.
    What styles are they from?

Virtually all kickboxers deem high kicks a legitimate kick and nearly all kickboxers use it.

Comment

The notion that high kicks don't work is an outdated myth made by the RBSD crowd years back. The idea was that, in Streetrealm, an attacker would just grab your leg if you tried to kick him in the head. In MMA we've seen that as a viable counter, but it doesn't completely fucking negate the gamut of kicks above the waist. I'd even argue that head kicks play a more prominent role than high single leg takedown.

https://books.google.com/books?id=o9...20work&f=false

Comment

I can only see a high kick being useful if your opponent if barely even standing from a long fight and you just want to finish them off in style lol. Even in that situation though, it's still unrealistic to assume that your opponent will fuck up hard enough for your high kick to work

Comment

Interesting replies. This seems to be a continued debate and I think is up to the individual.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X