No announcement yet.

Owned: false BS article published in the Martialist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kickcatcher is a genius. I love the "I knew it all along defense"...

Comment

What a pathetic comeback. I love how he never stops talking about how he doesn't care what anyone else thinks, yet can't seem to stop writing about it. He publishes a new dissertation where he justifies his existance to the world at least once a month.

Comment

"I knew it was bullshit . . . but I published it anyway"

Ladies and gentleman, Phil Elmore.

Comment

Times like these make me regret owning so many flashlights. I currently have six Mini Maglights sitting around this room, this is the kind of light Phil turns into pocket sticks. How can he bastardize such an innocent little penlight? At least he doesn't have the balls to mess with Surefire, those lights are too much for that guy to handle. 60 lumens through those glasses of his would probably burn his head right through.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost
            That was an excellent article. And being an anti-leftist (ie. fan of individual responsibility over the State), thanks for the ammo. Hell, that helps me with an argument I have with The Wastrel over a year ago on leftist bias in the American university system.
            So does that mean if I ever grapple with you I should wear a red hammer and sickle speedo, like Zangief?

Comment

Originally posted by MEGALEF
              But if a book that thinks spinning back kicks to the chin is a valid technique in a knife fight recommends it..

Yeah, I was about to say...that seems like a good way to expose your femoral artery and groin to a reflexive spaz-out stab. Surely, Phil isn't offering this book as evidence that the "stab vest" is a good idea?

Is this the same sort of critical eye Phil directed at World War II combatives, including his almighty chin jab?

Comment

Comment

He'd probably find a way to brag about that sad little fact too.

"Sure he stabbed me in the leg! I knew the kick was bollocks, but I threw it anyway because I knew what he would do, therefore owning HIM!"

Comment

Phil Elmore is Wimp Lo, as Phrost stated.

'Ha! How'd you like my new face to fist style!"

Comment

Why is there not a WorldWide Owning Commission?
                      It seems Phil Elmore by himself will never accept being "owned".

Comment

Phil was owned by his fat, lardy-white gut a long time ago. And trust me, he knows it.

Comment

Got the expert opinion back:

This solution has emerged several times and it probably works, but then so would strapping a tin bath each side of your chest. It going to be heavy and of dubious performance and coverage, also I would suspect that the protection goes away if you work up a sweat or get the books wet.

Professor -(name removed)-
                          Cranfield University
                          DCMT Shrivenham
                          Swindon
                          Wiltshire SN6 8LA
                          UK
                          So, don't sweat Phil!

[emphasis added by staff.]

Comment

I was reading the rec.martial-arts recently and there's some knife people there that think that kickcatcher's article was pretty good in spite of the fact that it was a hoax.

Reminds me of the Sokal hoax. The philosophers were claiming that Alan Sokal actually made some valid points while randomly connecting unrelated philosophy quotations.:))

http://www.drizzle.com/~jwalsh/sokal/articles/weinberg.html

:))

Good work Kickcatcher

Tomas

Comment

Drummerboy, as each day passes I am astounded by your intellect.

Comment

Originally posted by DerAuslander108
                                Drummerboy, as each day passes I am astounded by your intellect.
                                Well, ok..._clears throat_...FUCK YOU SHITCOCK!!...

Is it better now :)

Tomas

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X