No announcement yet.

Owned: false BS article published in the Martialist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, he's been posting his work number for days now, challenging us to call him while his supporters call us short bus riders.
    ...Now, who has ehad enough spicy food to be able to talk out their ass to this guy, on his own level?

Comment

It is completely unneccessary. He was owned. He knows it.

It was a fine piece of work that will be fondly remembered for years to come.

Comment

Some people are just stupid. This is alot like the Great Carlos hoax in Australia. To this day some people still believe it.

Comment

Silly Phillie Shit :-P

To be frank, phil didnt use his head much with this one :f-off: . There are much more effecient, practical and safe alternatives that are available to counter "knife" threats. If you have nothing else available to you and you are truly broke and cant afford anything, I guess you could sling some books around your waist... but its not gonna do much (at all). But hey, I guess those in harlem can afford paper back knife vests now ;-) hehe

On a seperate note though, there was a shooting at Fresno City College CA. durring the 80's :new_2guns between a disgruntled student and an instructor. The instructor and a girl talking with the instructor were both shot, they survived. However, the girl was saved from getting hit by the bullet because her text book was in the way... I've heard saved by the bell, but saved by the text book? I dont want to test the theory of bullet resistant "Text Book" vests... :qright7: anyone else want the honors??? :XXbuzzsaw Later all ;-)
          Last edited by Yuushi; 2/08/2006 3:17pm, .

Comment

Depending on the round, it's not impossible that it could be stopped by a thick hardcover textbook. Like, a seriously decaf round like .25 or .22 short might be protected against by a thick old textbook, I guess.

Comment

Comment

Dumbest idea ever.

Comment

Originally posted by oldman_withers
                  Dumbest idea ever.
                  No, you're thinking of the 'martialist.'

Comment

looks like he combed his hair right before the hi tech photo shoot.

Why is his eyebrow raised? Is he flirting with us?

Comment

Well, let me say this.

The textbook thing likely wouldn't work for muffling a bullet, you could do better with a pillow dispersing the sounds.

The only thing I find very disturbing in Phil's post-remarks is that he uses reason, instead of "empiricism". So, he uses his head to figure things out rather than testing them. Only problem is, unless he believes in reincarnation, he's going to come to a philosophical conundrum. We only "reason" because we have prior experiences that allow us to make inferences. (There are nuances to this, but they involve things like the mind's ability to divide concepts, whether one exists in a really real world, or if one exists only in the sense that there is "one apple", which isn't what we're talking about).

So.... where is his extensive background in knife-fighting that allows him to "reason" without recourse to an observable phenomenon? Since, in this case, it would be easy to test the practicality of it, and he is doing it for the benefit of his readers, I don't see why he wouldn't try harder. So, is he lazy, gullible, not actually concerned about his readers, believe his reasoning of such a high caliber that he does not need to observe an effect..... or what?

I find myself mystified.

Comment

So, is he lazy, gullible, not actually concerned about his readers, believe his reasoning of such a high caliber that he does not need to observe an effect..... or what?
                        -I would say all of the above. He rejects empirical evidence all the time when it comes to effective fighting techniques. Sparring, MMA, and other Alive combat sports are about as empirical as it gets. Alive training scares him. It's no real surprise that he didn't test this stuff before he printed it...

Comment

Bump. Reshared this link on our Facebook page today.

Good times.

Comment

I actually had an Elmore sighting while I was living in Rochester. A pickup truck parked across the street from where I was having lunch with my wife, covered in bumper stickers with paranoid "mottos", and it had a vanity plate that said "MRTLST". It took me a few seconds to figure it out, but I just gaped when he got out of the car and it hit me that I was actually seeing him live and in person. I guess I'm lucky he didn't stab me for staring.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo Sigma View Post
                              I actually had an Elmore sighting while I was living in Rochester. A pickup truck parked across the street from where I was having lunch with my wife, covered in bumper stickers with paranoid "mottos", and it had a vanity plate that said "MRTLST". It took me a few seconds to figure it out, but I just gaped when he got out of the car and it hit me that I was actually seeing him live and in person. I guess I'm lucky he didn't stab me for staring.
                              You could pay for lunch so you weren't homeless. You have a wife, so you aren't a minority.

You were safe.

Comment

I feel like I should have joined years ago so I could have enjoyed all the shenanigans whilst they were fresh and new. Oh well, better late than never? I know, probably not. If I use bibles for my knife vest will it offer any added protection? **Prepares for the inevitable flogging by the local Black Belts for Christ club**

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X