We need to grow up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bard of DorAr
    Pox, I'm expecting him to prove any and everything he says, but I'm wierd like that, I ALWAYS expect people to live up to their word, really the only way to make me lose respect in someone.
    Bard, I really think at this point that the only reason he's staying is because he has himself convinced that if he doesn't give up, then he hasn't lost the debate, so he wins!
    Or something.

Comment

Possibly, but I'm neurotically optimistic and hopeful. I have this delusional faith in humanity that they can live up to my expectations if I just try hard enough. How silly is that?

Comment

Originally posted by plasmagoat
        If you aren't going to prove it then stop claiming that he's "really" a great guy.
        If you aren't going to prove your moral and intellectual superiority, please refrain from making refence to them again.

Comment

Possibly, but I'm neurotically optimistic and hopeful. I have this delusional faith in humanity that they can live up to my expectations if I just try hard enough. How silly is that?
          Not silly at all
          I think plasma has been sent to test the limits of your reasonability

Comment

I repeat: You weren't practicing it for long. You want me to get over it? Fine, then simply admit publically on this thread here that civilty and morality can and do gain results on this website but that you personally lacked the willpower and capability to maintain such in your own posting. Problem solved and we can bury the poor horse.
            I kept with it until JFS went crazy, and even after that my posts were polite by Bullshido standards.

Considering you are getting ready to go into the military but haven't been yet, and the only reason I'm NOT military is a screwed knee and even then I actually went through most of boot before that took me out. I know just a bit more about the military than you at present. Beyond that, JFS is certified ex-military of a rather high end special forces type position. Being as he's the way he is and was certifiably military... Yeah, I'd say that's a good indication.
            The US is not Finland. We don't train psychopaths because we need people to keep acting like normal human beings when they leave training. Almost every male does service here, it's nothing that special, and it's not some Full Metal Jacket shit.

Comment

I kept with it until JFS went crazy, and even after that my posts were polite by Bullshido standards.
              See above, you GAVE UP. Beyond that, Bullshido standards are irrelevent, this is about the standards YOU want, YOU have to live up to your own standards before they mean ANYTHING to anyone else. Do you think Bullshido standards are what I set my behavior by? I act of my own mind and morality and nothing else, in this case I actually maintain a level of civility and politeness above "Bullshido standard" And I do it right here on Bullshido. There is NO excuse for you to not live up to your own morals other than lack of willpower or willingness to do so.

The US is not Finland. We don't train psychopaths because we need people to keep acting like normal human beings when they leave training. Almost every male does service here, it's nothing that special, and it's not some Full Metal Jacket shit.
              Gotcha, so your army's nothing, thanks, moving on. Beyond that, again, JFS is a normal human, just a loud and rude human.

New angle.. AGAIN (see how I change my approach every so often in hopes that it'll make sense in a new way?)

Plasma, please explain your actual moral code? Also, as I asked earlier, please explain your intellectual feats. Degrees, GPA, IQ, worthwhile achievements in a given field, etc?

I'll even be nice and post my overview first, then you can post yours and everyone can see out and out if you're really morally and intellectually superior.

Moral Code: Look up a Bard really, but basically, I don't harm innocents, I don't steal, I never break my word under any circumstances, I don't lie. That's really the core of it, Hurting innocents serves no purpose but to harm something unnessecarily and to betray trust in myself by others, stealing falls under the same logic as a lie or breaking my promise. It's illogical to an extreme, betrays my trust in myself and betrays trust in myself by others.. Really a simple code. By the way, I still would like to note that civility=/= morality. One could follow my moral code or the ten commandments and still speak like JFS.

Intellectual matters: My IQ is 153, literal genius for what it's worth, I have my bachelors in Education (Kindergarden and Pre-school are my actual focuses), my minor is in the performing arts, vocal to be specific, my GPA was 3.7, but that's because I didn't bother to try very hard. Beyond that I could go into years of composition and writing, but none of that's been published so I don't feel it counts.
              Last edited by Bard of DorAr; 10/28/2005 10:05am, .

Comment

New angle.. AGAIN (see how I change my approach every so often in hopes that it'll make sense in a new way?)

Plasma, please explain your actual moral code?
                It's nothing special. I try to be polite, calm and I don't believe in unnecessary conflict (such as getting into a fight because someone brushed me in the sidewalk). Obviously I don't steal, murder or rape either.

Also, as I asked earlier, please explain your intellectual feats. Degrees, GPA, IQ, worthwhile achievements in a given field, etc?
                No achievements, feats or other impressive things.

Gotcha, so your army's nothing, thanks, moving on.
                Oh, great. Now you want to extend this shitfest to my country's army, of which you still know nothing about. If it makes you feel better, I can tell you that we did not get conqured during WW2 and succesfully prevented the Soviet Union from taking over, unlike many other countries.

Comment

Damnit! I have plasmagoat on ignore but I can't help peeking at his posts. It's like touching a rotten tooth. You know it will hurt, you tell yourself not to, but you still do it. Owww, owww.

Good god you must be bored kid.
                  !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Comment

It's nothing special. I try to be polite, calm and I don't believe in unnecessary conflict (such as getting into a fight because someone brushed me in the sidewalk). Obviously I don't steal, murder or rape either.
                    So looking at that we are equal in regards to theft, murder and rape, I am superior on civility (as I don't bend or lose it because it's difficult), and I'm superior when it comes to holding to my word or the truth (As your moral code makes no requirements of such). Looking at the evidence, it is clear I am morally superior to you. Thanks, we've checked off one of your claims.

No achievements, feats or other impressive things.
                    No achievements, feats, notable IQ. Gotcha, so I'm also intellectually superior to you as well. Moving on.

Oh, great. Now you want to extend this shitfest to my country's army, of which you still know nothing about. If it makes you feel better, I can tell you that we did not get conqured during WW2 and succesfully prevented the Soviet Union from taking over, unlike many other countries.
                    Number one: It was a joke. Number two: YOU started this little thing, don't try to fling such at my feet. You started off making insults on the US govt because we apparantly don't make soldiers normal humans (Which is a correct statement for reasons COMPLETELY different from what you meant). You insulted the US Military, I made a casual joke back over it and you now suddenly want to be offended. Perhaps you would like to take my approach and not get bent out of shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Cullion
                      Damnit! I have plasmagoat on ignore but I can't help peeking at his posts. It's like touching a rotten tooth. You know it will hurt, you tell yourself not to, but you still do it. Owww, owww.

Good god you must be bored kid.
                      Then what the fuck are you doing here? It takes two to have a flamewar.

Comment

This isn't a flamewar anymore, the only person really actively talking with you is me. I'm not flaming and spamming you regardless of how you behave hence no flame war.

Mind you, you do bait for one occasionally, I have to wonder why.

Comment

So looking at that we are equal in regards to theft, murder and rape, I am superior on civility (as I don't bend or lose it because it's difficult), and I'm superior when it comes to holding to my word or the truth (As your moral code makes no requirements of such). Looking at the evidence, it is clear I am morally superior to you. Thanks, we've checked off one of your claims.
                          Whatever makes you happy, but I'm not the one who's defending the kind of behavior that occurs in Bullshido.

No achievements, feats, notable IQ. Gotcha, so I'm also intellectually superior to you as well. Moving on.
                          Here's another extreme example: you're intellectually superior to Socrates because they didn't have the concept of IQ or GPA. Boasting about achievements seems to be an epidemic in here.

Number one: It was a joke. Number two: YOU started this little thing, don't try to fling such at my feet.
                          I merely mentioned many posts ago that I'm going to the military, but I guess tiny comments like that are enough to start a shitstorm around here.

You started off making insults on the US govt because we apparantly don't make soldiers normal humans (Which is a correct statement for reasons COMPLETELY different from what you meant). You insulted the US Military, I made a casual joke back over it and you now suddenly want to be offended. Perhaps you would like to take my approach and not get bent out of shape.
                          And you started implying that you somehow know more about our military than I do, and then claimed that I'm going to run into some batshit crazys psychos in there.

Comment

Plaz
                            are you going to heed the words of your moral and intellectual superior?

Comment

Honestly, why are you still here?

this is a germane point, and bears repeating.

i suspect, though, that the reason is that someone -- anyone -- is paying attention to him.

perhaps if everyone stops, he will leave... after spasming out a final death-rattle of attention-whoredom, of course.
                              Originally posted by Hedgehogey
                              FORM AN ACROBATIC BRIDGE ACROSS OMEGA'S GOOCH
                              Originally posted by Kidspatula
                              Bleep bleep blip bloop

Comment

Whatever makes you happy, but I'm not the one who's defending the kind of behavior that occurs in Bullshido.
                                I'm not defending anything. There's nothing to defend, JFS acted like a complete jackass. What's your point? I've called him on that before, it's nothing new. The point between us at this moment is your inability to live up to your own moral code and claiming moral superiority over me.

Here's another extreme example: you're intellectually superior to Socrates because they didn't have the concept of IQ or GPA. Boasting about achievements seems to be an epidemic in here.
                                Actually, when you go into the complete spectrum, Socrates achievements would cancel out my bachelors in education and my IQ. Try again.

I merely mentioned many posts ago that I'm going to the military, but I guess tiny comments like that are enough to start a shitstorm around here.
                                That has to do with what now?

And you started implying that you somehow know more about our military than I do, and then claimed that I'm going to run into some batshit crazys psychos in there.
                                No, I said I knew about the military in general and what a soldier is like. Then you insulted the US military claiming we have "batshit crazys psychos" in it. The thing you don't understand is that JFS is none of those three things, he's rude, crass, derogitory and at times I have a severe desire to beat him in the head with a tetsubo, but that doesn't change that on the whole he's a good and moral guy who's fought for this country. You incorrectly associate verbal politeness with morality.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X