We need to grow up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plasmagoat
    And I tried the same thing yet it failed. Get over it already.
    I think the project failed due to your serious underestimate of the resources required.

I'm not wrong. The only way to prove me wrong is for JFS to change his behavior.
    Your back to your old rallying cry that people should all behave in a way that is agreeable to you.
    Last edited by pox; 10/28/2005 9:39am, .

Comment

And I tried the same thing yet it failed. Get over it already.
      No, you didn't. You started off civil, then immediately took a tone of arrogance and snide retorts, THEN started doing the very thing you're saying is amoral. There's no comparison. You say you want moral and civil behavior. I'm telling you if you practice what you preach you'll be fine. You never were practicing what you preached, before the profanity and spamming you were snide and elitest. Before that you TRIED being Civil for like seven posts. Instead of giving up when things get Difficult, I suggest you tough it out for a while before deciding it's impossible.

I'm not wrong. The only way to prove me wrong is for JFS to change his behavior.
      You are wrong, you are correct in that he is behaving like a jack ass now. Your refusal to accept that You might POSSIBLY be seeing only the cover and not the book is silly though. And how would JFS explaing the reality of himself to you be any different from the rest of us doing it?

Comment

Just for the record PG, most of us were arguing about your conception of this site's role, not your opinion on morality in MA.

Also if you've never met anyone like JFS, don't worry, you will meet more like him. You're virtually guaranteed to meet others like him in the military. Well, he does have a special talent, so maybe not as, ahem, colorful as JFS. You think we are trying to justify JFS' presence. This is wrong. We simply value his knowledge and are not bothered by his flamefests. If you cannot get past this, perhaps this is not the site for you.

Many members here are trying to help you, but you don't seem to perceive the difference between constructive criticism and flaming.

You should consider a career writing speeches for the Republican party as you seem to have the whole 'talking points' angle down pat.
        Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Originally posted by Bard of DorAr
          Here's the trick, JFS insulted you in a tongue in cheek joke manner. You didn't know this and took offense, fair enough. Then YOU came over here and started this debate. There's no getting around it. If I have an arguement with (insert poster Y) on a different thread. Then come to this thread and make a post complaining about (insert poster Y) Then I have started any fight that occurs on this thread. You chose to bring this up on this thread and thusly drag many many people into it. All there is to it.

You started THIS fight, your reasons were due to the actions of another, but you chose to come to this thread and start THIS particular arguement.
          I just made an on-topic post about the forums, and expressed my criticism. I didn't even mention names. Then JFS shows up:
          Hey, shitbag ... you posted you were leaving the Forum so make good and piss off. Bad enough that you posted on a thread you know nothing about, were completely off topic and then whined forever ... take a hike Fin Fukuckle.

I hear rumors that Phil needs a new piss boy to hold his stubby nubby for him ... you are just the 'tard for the job.

And I notice you can't or won't actually justify your intellectual superiority.. Quaint.
          Well, someone said in the previous thread that nothing needs to be proven, so I guess I'll just go with that. Doesn't make any fucking difference anyway.

Comment

I just made an on-topic post about the forums, and expressed my criticism. I didn't even mention names. Then JFS shows up:
            Don't try and act innocent.

Well, someone said in the previous thread that nothing needs to be proven, so I guess I'll just go with that. Doesn't make any fucking difference anyway.
            Don't worry, at this stage no-one is expecting you to prove anything.

Comment

Yes, you made a post here... MONTHS after the thread was dead and had already been discussed and ended.. You revived a megathread complaining about other people. Everyone reads the megathreads. Thus JFS is part of Everyone. So he commented to you and then it started, YOU made the initial post here.

Honestly, why are you still here? By your own mouth there is no purpose for you to be here. Also by your own mouth you are a hypocrite and have lost much chance of redeeming yourself. (It's possible, but unlikely).

Pox, I'm expecting him to prove any and everything he says, but I'm wierd like that, I ALWAYS expect people to live up to their word, really the only way to make me lose respect in someone.

Comment

Originally posted by pox
                Your back to your old rallying cry that people should all behave in a way that is agreeable to you.
                No. If you want to prove to me that JFS isn't really an asshole, then JFS had better change his behavior to reflect that. That's all.

No, you didn't. You started off civil, then immediately took a tone of arrogance and snide retorts, THEN started doing the very thing you're saying is amoral. There's no comparison. You say you want moral and civil behavior. I'm telling you if you practice what you preach you'll be fine. You never were practicing what you preached, before the profanity and spamming you were snide and elitest. Before that you TRIED being Civil for like seven posts. Instead of giving up when things get Difficult, I suggest you tough it out for a while before deciding it's impossible.
                I was practising it, but it failed miserably. Get over it, please. It's over. The horse has been beaten to death.

Originally posted by jnp
                Just for the record PG, most of us were arguing about your conception of this site's role, not your opinion on morality in MA.

Also if you've never met anyone like JFS, don't worry, you will meet more like him. You're virtually guaranteed to meet others like him in the military. Well, he does have a special talent, so maybe not as, ahem, colorful as JFS. You think we are trying to justify JFS' presence. This is wrong. We simply value his knowledge and are not bothered by his flamefests. If you cannot get past this, perhaps this is not the site for you.
                We don't really like to keep insane people like him in our military.
                Last edited by plasmagoat; 10/28/2005 9:46am, .

Comment

Yes, you made a post here... MONTHS after the thread was dead and had already been discussed and ended.. You revived a megathread complaining about other people. Everyone reads the megathreads. Thus JFS is part of Everyone. So he commented to you and then it started, YOU made the initial post here.
                  I didn't even mention him by name, and I made a valid an on-topic contribution the topic.

Honestly, why are you still here? By your own mouth there is no purpose for you to be here. Also by your own mouth you are a hypocrite and have lost much chance of redeeming yourself. (It's possible, but unlikely).
                  Why are you here?

Comment

You weren't practicing it for long. You want me to get over it? Fine, then simply admit publically on this thread here that civilty and morality can and do gain results on this website but that you personally lacked the willpower and capability to main such in your own posting. Problem solved and we can bury the poor horse.

As for keeping insane people in your military, you don't have any special forces? Trust me, you're in for an eye-opening when you hit the military, plain and simple.

PS: Surprisingly, my civilty and behavior earned me a measure of respect from the DI's too. Course they think I'm a pussy for royally screwing my knee over before the crucible. :happy:

You started the arguement on this thread, there's really no arguing it.

As for why I'm here. I respect what bullshido is trying to accomplish, enjoy the level of humor here and the directness of its posters. I have a healthy respect for legitemate and alive martial arts (My own included, outdated as it is). As for why I'm on this thread. I have some time to kill, I have some hope that you can actually be brought to understand, and I always like the chance to flex my lexicon as it were. But the main point remains bringing you around. Some of the other posters here are trying to get you to leave. I'm sincerely hoping you'll wise up and adapt instead.
                    Last edited by Bard of DorAr; 10/28/2005 9:49am, .

Comment

You weren't practicing it for long. You want me to get over it? Fine, then simply admit publically on this thread here that civilty and morality can and do gain results on this website but that you personally lacked the willpower and capability to main such in your own posting. Problem solved and we can bury the poor horse.
                      No, it just didn't work for me.

As for keeping insane people in your military, you don't have any special forces? Trust me, you're in for an eye-opening when you hit the military, plain and simple.
                      I'm sure you know so much more about our military than I do.

Comment

Originally posted by JFS USA
                        PlasticBoat: "They have nothing to do with it. Here it is once again, in really simple form: I personally believe that certain characteristics (that I personally try to endorse) are important to the martial arts, and I'd like to see such characteristics in instructors, though I don't claim that these characteristics must exist or generally exist."

All your posts reflect your complete lack of the very characteristics you claim to cherish. That makes you a liar and a hypocrite. Your still being here just makes you a liar.

I have no such defects as from the very start I whole heartedly embraced JKDChick MODs
                        righteous bitch action of designating me an "Asshole." Don't even begin to think you have what it takes to be so grandly elevated.

At best, you are the animated remains of a failed abortion ... coat hanger wire ... your Mum should have used coat hanger wire.
                        Ouch. :)

JFS has a remarkable knack for being eloquent *and* raping folks in the ass with a red-hot poker.

Thumbs up. But still... ouch! :violent5:

-daGorilla

Comment

No. If you want to prove to me that JFS isn't really an asshole, then JFS had better change his behavior to reflect that. That's all.
                          Why should anyone attempt to prove anything to you?
                          At this point you're coming across as utterly ignorant and ineducable

I was practising it, but it failed miserably. Get over it, please. It's over. The horse has been beaten to death.
                          Your perseverance is a model to us all

Comment

look ma' i'm contributin'

Comment

Originally posted by pox
                              Why should anyone attempt to prove anything to you?
                              At this point you're coming across as utterly ignorant and ineducable
                              If you aren't going to prove it then stop claiming that he's "really" a great guy.

Comment

No, it just didn't work for me.
                                I repeat: You weren't practicing it for long. You want me to get over it? Fine, then simply admit publically on this thread here that civilty and morality can and do gain results on this website but that you personally lacked the willpower and capability to maintain such in your own posting. Problem solved and we can bury the poor horse.

I'm sure you know so much more about our military than I do.
                                Considering you are getting ready to go into the military but haven't been yet, and the only reason I'm NOT military is a screwed knee and even then I actually went through most of boot before that took me out. I know just a bit more about the military than you at present. Beyond that, JFS is certified ex-military of a rather high end special forces type position. Being as he's the way he is and was certifiably military... Yeah, I'd say that's a good indication.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X