Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need to grow up

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by JohnnyCache
    Hey, you know what? You don't have to be a douche back to us. If you're so intellectually superior, why don't you prove it, by like, not blithering and crying.
    Oh yeah, you guys really have the authority and credibility to say that to someone. Really.

    Comment


      Originally posted by JohnnyCache

      This is not a college student union. You do not have the right not to be offended or screwed with here.
      So....you should expect to be offended and screwed with here?

      That is the problem. Go after artists and systems that are making BS claims,

      but there is a difference between saying "your wrong" or something like that and then backing it up with some kind of support

      AND

      saying "I'm right and rational because I say so and I say so because I'm right and rational"...and then 'defending' your position with the Fbombs and "fat bastard" insults that don't prove anything you say is right or add to the topic. All it does is show how undisciplined people are when they can hide behind a keyboard.

      Comment


        What. The. Fuck.

        It's not a matter of authority. In the grownup world no one tells you how mature to act. They just yell at you for fucking up.

        See, you don't get a lot of what's going on here. You think you do, but you don't. JFS, for example, just isn't quite how you think he is. He's easy to take wrong, but he's more like R. Lee Ermy then Andrew Dice Clay, if that makes any sense.

        What I'm saying is if you're so smart, how come all you can think of to do is whine and cry and drop to the level of your detractors?

        And if your ego and intellect are so superior, how come their immune to rigorous error checking? One thing that good complex system has is the ability to maintain under stress.

        Also, are you sure you don't just have sand or other grit in your vagina?

        Comment


          Originally posted by JohnnyCache
          What. The. Fuck.

          It's not a matter of authority. In the grownup world no one tells you how mature to act. They just yell at you for fucking up.

          See, you don't get a lot of what's going on here. You think you do, but you don't. JFS, for example, just isn't quite how you think he is. He's easy to take wrong, but he's more like R. Lee Ermy then Andrew Dice Clay, if that makes any sense.
          I know perfectly well what JFS is, he has made it abundantly clear.

          What I'm saying is if you're so smart, how come all you can think of to do is whine and cry and drop to the level of your detractors?
          It's just not possible to drop to the level of JFS or KFDW. Not possible.

          And if your ego and intellect are so superior, how come their immune to rigorous error checking? One thing that good complex system has is the ability to maintain under stress.
          What kind of error checking?

          Also, are you sure you don't just have sand or other grit in your vagina?
          Well, I don't have a vagina, so I'm pretty sure there's no sand there.

          Comment


            OK, instead of point by point, which is getting a bit messy, I will reply without quoting. Your words and actions are inconsistent.

            You say: This is my opinion.
            You do: You try to force this opinion on others by telling them how they should or should not act.

            You say: I am morally superior.
            You do: You post with sarcasm and insults to anyone who questions you, regardless of tone.

            You say: There are double standards.
            You do: You claim moral superiority while using the previously noted sarcasm and insult.

            You say: I am intellectually superior.
            You do: Your posts are anything but intellectual; they have the insight and depth one would expect form a young boy. You use arguments that are opinion and feeling based, without facts.

            You say: MAs should be polite.
            You do: Curse, insult, demean, etc

            You say: Martial arts art about fighting. (good for you)
            You do: Assign additional attributes that a martial artist should have.

            You say: JFS is an asshole. (No shit, thanks for pointing it out)
            You do: Act as close to JFS as you are able without being blatantly hostile. You use passive-aggressive and patronizing words/tones to replace the vulgarity, but in the end, how different is it?

            You say: No consensus can be reach because everyone here is intentionally misinterpreting you.
            You do: Continue to post the same thoughts over and over ad infinitum and misinterpret (intentionally?) the words others say to you.


            To be honest I am having a hard time understanding the disconnect between your words and actions. I think this disconnect is the primary reason why people are having a hard time taking you seriously, and hence treating you like a troll. You are coming across like a child with injured pride trying to justify to adults why they are wrong. I really think you are taking this way too personally and seriously. You need to relax a bit. Training in martial arts can help this.

            Why will you not train in a martial art?
            Locu5
            combat sports hobbyist

            Comment


              Originally posted by loki09789
              So....you should expect to be offended and screwed with here?

              That is the problem. Go after artists and systems that are making BS claims,

              but there is a difference between saying "your wrong" or something like that and then backing it up with some kind of support

              AND

              saying "I'm right and rational because I say so and I say so because I'm right and rational"...and then 'defending' your position with the Fbombs and "fat bastard" insults that don't prove anything you say is right or add to the topic. All it does is show how undisciplined people are when they can hide behind a keyboard.
              Hey, I did't even notice PG until he started shitting up threads I was trying to read with personal business from other threads. It's a little fucked up of you to accuse me of wrongly attacking him rather then his arguments when he hasn't presented any in my presence.

              In other words, it's his trolling and derailing that caused him to enter my sphere of notice, not his (apparently non-existent) platform on the martial arts. His behavior is pissing me off.

              I got into it with JFS a few times - it took me a while to get a sense of when he's joking and not joking. We had the same problem with Clyde when he first came here. Older dudes don't take to the internet quite the same ways as us ninos - they tend to flail around like a salmon in a tide pool salinated with alien slang and a reversal of authority.

              Comment


                Originally posted by locu5
                OK, instead of point by point, which is getting a bit messy, I will reply without quoting. Your words and actions are inconsistent.

                You say: This is my opinion.
                You do: You try to force this opinion on others by telling them how they should or should not act.
                I have not told people what kind of values they should attach to their martial arts, I have made it very clear that it's just my personal opinion, but you just can't let it go, you just have to insist that your delusions are the correct version of reality.

                You say: I am morally superior.
                You do: You post with sarcasm and insults to anyone who questions you, regardless of tone.
                I already explained why this is so.

                You say: There are double standards.
                You do: You claim moral superiority while using the previously noted sarcasm and insult.
                See above.

                You say: I am intellectually superior.
                You do: Your posts are anything but intellectual; they have the insight and depth one would expect form a young boy. You use arguments that are opinion and feeling based, without facts.
                That was opinion too. Oops.

                You say: MAs should be polite.
                You do: Curse, insult, demean, etc
                See above.

                You say: Martial arts art about fighting. (good for you)
                You do: Assign additional attributes that a martial artist should have.
                I made it very clear that I'm not forcing them on anyone. If you want to force them on yourself (which you seem to be doing), go right ahead.

                You say: JFS is an asshole. (No shit, thanks for pointing it out)
                You do: Act as close to JFS as you are able without being blatantly hostile. You use passive-aggressive and patronizing words/tones to replace the vulgarity, but in the end, how different is it?
                See above.

                You say: No consensus can be reach because everyone here is intentionally misinterpreting you.
                You do: Continue to post the same thoughts over and over ad infinitum and misinterpret (intentionally?) the words others say to you.
                I have to repeat myself because it's the only way to communicate to people around here, and I've already said everything there is to be said, now I just have to repeat it until people get the point.

                To be honest I am having a hard time understanding the disconnect between your words and actions. I think this disconnect is the primary reason why people are having a hard time taking you seriously, and hence treating you like a troll. You are coming across like a child with injured pride trying to justify to adults why they are wrong. I really think you are taking this way too personally and seriously. You need to relax a bit. Training in martial arts can help this.

                Why will you not train in a martial art?
                Where did I say that I will not train in a martial art?

                Comment


                  I'm curious as to what you think JFS is, what he's made so clear.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by plasmagoat
                    Oh yeah, you guys really have the authority and credibility to say that to someone. Really.
                    So by your own logic, you shouldn't have any credibility to tell us how to behave either.

                    I don't see how you can claim moral superiority either when you're right alongside us with the swear words and insults, and spamming unrelated threads in a deliberate attempt to get attention. Bard has been surprisingly civil to you the entire time, yet you claim moral superiority over him? As for intellectual superiority, thanks for the good laugh. I needed one today.

                    Basically how I see him is an attention whore. "Hay guys I'm leaving LOLZ but I'm going to keep posting and saying what I want!!!!1111" Classic troll tactic.

                    And locu5 has explained it very nicely.
                    SON OF ODIN

                    My Punching with Power article

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by JohnnyCache
                      Hey, I did't even notice PG until he started shitting up threads I was trying to read with personal business from other threads. It's a little fucked up of you to accuse me of wrongly attacking him rather then his arguments when he hasn't presented any in my presence.

                      In other words, it's his trolling and derailing that caused him to enter my sphere of notice, not his (apparently non-existent) platform on the martial arts. His behavior is pissing me off.

                      I got into it with JFS a few times - it took me a while to get a sense of when he's joking and not joking. We had the same problem with Clyde when he first came here. Older dudes don't take to the internet quite the same ways as us ninos - they tend to flail around like a salmon in a tide pool salinated with alien slang and a reversal of authority.
                      I wasn't trying to accuse you of anything.
                      I was using the idea from the quote to illustrate a commonly accepted view for what passes for debate at times on BS.

                      If PG is guilty of what I am saying, have at him. At least you're citing your specific complaints and supporting them in some fashion without resorting to the F.U's and locker room bully level of 'discourse.'

                      If I didn't make the general observation thing clear, my bad.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by plasmagoat

                        Where did I say that I will not train in a martial art?
                        You mentioned on another thread that you trained krav maga in the past. Care to share some info on the extent of your training?


                        And in general, if you could try to communicate clearly, instead of repeating the same evasions and inane ramblings, we might have some idea of what you're trying to say.

                        Also, you've shown extraordinarily poor social skills. Do you expect to be able to butt in n conversations with strangers, make completely off topic interjections, and think you're contributions are so sparkling as to excuse your rudeness? You do realise that there is a certain group dynamic at work in social situations? Do you walk up to groups of strangers in the street and interrupt conversations?
                        Last edited by pox; 10/28/2005 6:52am, .

                        Comment


                          This is, unfortunately, my last post on this for a while. Work calls.

                          You are young. You are wrong. This is OK, but you need to find some quality martial arts instruction before you are anywhere near qualified to have a relevant opinion on what makes up a martial artist. You are being obstinant and passive-agressive; these are not traits that will convince anyone of your moral or intellectual superiority. Repeating the same incorrect, unclear statements will not make them more clear or correct. When one tactic does not work, consider what might.

                          You need to get over these feelings of childish angst before you will be able to grow into a solid adult. Once you have become an adult, you have plenty of time to go back to being silly.
                          Locu5
                          combat sports hobbyist

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by JohnnyCache
                            I'm curious as to what you think JFS is, what he's made so clear.
                            He has problems controlling his anger, he's immature, extremely hostile, seeks attention by trolling, and is either very young or suffers from mental problems, or both. He has complete disregard towards other people, doiesn't know how to act in a civil manner, and lacks even the most basic skills needed for communicating meaningfully. His means of insulting are so mind-bogglingly aggressive and hostile that I've never seen anything quite like it. For example, repeatedly insulting my mother for no apparent reason.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by locu5
                              This is, unfortunately, my last post on this for a while. Work calls.

                              You are young.
                              You don't say? I'm deeply sorry for not being as old and wise as Bullshido members, I'll promise to construct a time machine and speed up my birth.

                              You are wrong.
                              Ok, that was really well argued and proven. I'm defeated.

                              This is OK, but you need to find some quality martial arts instruction before you are anywhere near qualified to have a relevant opinion on what makes up a martial artist.
                              What I personally believe to be important, not you or anyone else. Do you see how you're forcing your own views on me? Irony at its greatest.

                              You are being obstinant and passive-agressive; these are not traits that will convince anyone of your moral or intellectual superiority. Repeating the same incorrect, unclear statements will not make them more clear or correct. When one tactic does not work, consider what might.
                              Already covered before, not going to repeat it.

                              You need to get over these feelings of childish angst before you will be able to grow into a solid adult. Once you have become an adult, you have plenty of time to go back to being silly.
                              Didn't you say something about insulting?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by plasmagoat
                                Already covered before, not going to repeat it.
                                Psssst, plasma, you know that extremely lame technique that you've repeatedly used to try and weasel your way out every time someone has you cornered? It's not working

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X