• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMcFu
    Oh, you're still here.
    Oh, so are you.

Comment

blah blah blah hay guys I don't fight or know what I'm talking about but I think I will burble on and on about how people making jokes I don't get about things I don't do and people I don't know who would like to read that?

ALSO HAY CHECK DIGGITY I KNOW MUCH ABOUT DEBATING AND I WILL TYPE SO MUCH YOU CAN'T BEAT MY WORDS

Comment

So wait... to recap. You are basically some kid with no real MA experience who thinks MA is about morals and beadditudes. Additionally, you are upset because some people are taunting you on a forum; this is a logical contradiction because they do martial arts. You have now taken all of this kiddie angst and created this whole persecution persona online to defend yourself against the hordes of Bullshido members waiting in the wings to correct you. You claim moral and intellectual superiority over your detractors and are winning the debate based on pure obstinance.

Does that about cover everything?

Have you considered actually taking a martial art and getting some mat time?
        Locu5
        combat sports hobbyist

Comment

Originally posted by plasmagoat

Well, being civil seems to be one of them. It's impossible to be strictly civil in an environment such as this, but I'm sure doing my best. Let me tell you: I have never, ever encountered a person as rude, offensive, hostile and angry as JSF. Never. He's completely unique and without peer. I can only say that those who have to deal with him in real life have my deepest sympathies.
          Plasmagoat,
          you do realise that civility on a web forum is best viewed as a tool to facilitate communication rather than as a shield from robust debate?

Comment

Not JUST obstinance. Obstinace and snobbery, dude.

Or did you mean plasmagoat?

Comment

No, you are correct. There is a definite superiority attitude coming from there. But he is still a kid, and really that is to be expected. I knew everything back then too.
              Last edited by Locu5; 10/28/2005 4:40am, . Reason: splellign
              Locu5
              combat sports hobbyist

Comment

I don't expect anyone to fawn all over me,
                Yes you do.

And that's why you're still posting here. You're shocked that anyone would dare question you on your asinine opinions, and apalled that people would dare suggest that you try and provide any evidence that would make your ramblings seem even remotely plausible. What's even funnier is that your arrogance is blinding you to how much of an idiot you're making of yourself.

Please try to remember that debates aren't decided by word count.

Comment

Originally posted by locu5
                  So wait... to recap. You are basically some kid with no real MA experience who thinks MA is about morals and beadditudes.
                  See, this is what I mean. Even after all these pages, people still misinterpret me on purpose, or simply don't read what I say. Pathetic. I've explained this shit so many times already...

Additionally, you are upset because some people are taunting you on a forum; this is a logical contradiction because they do martial arts. You have now taken all of this kiddie angst and created this whole persecution persona online to defend yourself against the hordes of Bullshido members waiting in the wings to correct you. You claim moral and intellectual superiority over your detractors and are winning the debate based on pure obstinance.
                  I can easily claim moral and intellectual superiority.

Have you considered actually taking a martial art and getting some mat time?
                  Who says that I haven't taken a martial art, and what the fuck does it have to do with anything anyway? Haven't I already explained in mind-numbing detail how it doesn't matter? Jesus fucking christ...

Originally posted by pox
                  Plasmagoat,
                  you do realise that civility on a web forum is best viewed as a tool to facilitate communication rather than as a shield from robust debate?
                  I've never used it as a shield againts debate.

No, you are correct. There is a definite superiority attitude coming from there. But he is still a kid, and really that is to be expected. I knew everything back then too.
                  Except that I've never claimed to know everything, you're just imagining that I have.

Originally posted by pox
                  Yes you do.
                  Erm, no.

And that's why you're still posting here. You're shocked that anyone would dare question you on your asinine opinions, and apalled that people would dare suggest that you try and provide any evidence that would make your ramblings seem even remotely plausible. What's even funnier is that your arrogance is blinding you to how much of an idiot you're making of yourself.

Please try to remember that debates aren't decided by word count.
                  1) I've tried to explain many, many, many, many times that I don't consider my opinion to be factual, nor have I tried to enforce my opinion on anyone.
                  2) There is no fucking evidence to provide. This is not about evidence or about objective reality. You cannot demand "evidence" for purely personal preferences that cannot be proven correct or incorrect
                  3) My "arrogance" is just a result of the behavior of certain members here. If you keep giving me reasons to look down on you and consider you inferior, then that's what will happen.
                  Last edited by plasmagoat; 10/28/2005 5:03am, .

Comment

Thank you for replying. Perhaps the deficiency in my understanding of your point comes from reading comprehension issues; it is also possible that your point is so ephemeral that it defies actual description. My understanding of your point is:

"MA is about politeness in my opinion. People here are not being polite and this means they are not being good martial artists. Everyone here is being rude to me, no matter the fact that I am more moral and smarter."

Is that a fair assessment?

By what right do you claim moral and intellectual superiority? Please delineate the actions, achievements, and words that demonstrate this. Or is this also simply your opinion?

Your style field says you do not do MA; you said yourself your MA experience is not worth mentioning, ergo it may as well not exist. It matters because you are trying to state your opinion on what a martial artist should be, from the outside. This is as tenuous a position as me trying to tell professional wrestlers that they should not act silly so much because it demeans the sport.

Have you considered actually taking a good martial art and experiencing what MA is really about?

I understand that you want to defend yourself against these horrid attackers of your point of view. While that is commendable, you seem to lack the tools to do this in either a martial or spoken context. That is OK, part of growing up is learning from people who know more than you do, as a significant number of posters here do in both the martial context and in others.

What would you like to learn about?
                    Locu5
                    combat sports hobbyist

Comment

I have plasmagoat on my ignore list, but I clicked 'viewpost' to see what Locu was replying to.

He's still whining about the same shit. Christ.

Plasmagoat, get over yourself. Nobody gives a fuck whether you respect us or not. I hope your reply to Locu is a 'thank you' for him taking the time to politely explain to you why you are considered an ass.

Keep this up and I'm pretty sure the mods will gift you with some kind of special avatar title.
                      !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Comment

Thank you for replying. Perhaps the deficiency in my understanding of your point comes from reading comprehension issues; it is also possible that your point is so ephemeral that it defies actual description. My understanding of your point is:

"MA is about politeness in my opinion. People here are not being polite and this means they are not being good martial artists. Everyone here is being rude to me, no matter the fact that I am more moral and smarter."

Is that a fair assessment?
                        No, it's actually completely incorrect, but it's obvious that people here might benefit from politeness.

By what right do you claim moral and intellectual superiority? Please delineate the actions, achievements, and words that demonstrate this. Or is this also simply your opinion?
                        Moral superiority: completely uncivilized, unreasonable and unacceptable behavior is accepted, encouraged and supported here.
                        Intellectual superiority: you actually try to argue in favor of such behavior, and you don't do it very well.

Your style field says you do not do MA; you said yourself your MA experience is not worth mentioning, ergo it may as well not exist.
                        It exists, it just isn't worth mentioning.

It matters because you are trying to state your opinion on what a martial artist should be, from the outside. This is as tenuous a position as me trying to tell professional wrestlers that they should not act silly so much because it demeans the sport.
                        I'm stating how I'd like martial artists to ideally be and how I'd like to be/am myself. I am not stating how martial artists should be, or how they factually are in reality.

Have you considered actually taking a good martial art and experiencing what MA is really about?
                        Oh, please tell me what it's really about. I'm sure I'll immediately abandon my values and beliefs as soon as I discover that martial artists really are just violent drunks, and that I should be one too. I'm sure I'll have to start drinking in order to learn how to do a roundhouse kick.

I understand that you want to defend yourself against these horrid attackers of your point of view. While that is commendable, you seem to lack the tools to do this in either a martial or spoken context. That is OK, part of growing up is learning from people who know more than you do, as a significant number of posters here do in both the martial context and in others.

What would you like to learn about?
                        I know perfectly well that the average Bullshido user knows more than I do about the MA, but that is completely irrelevant, and constantly appealing to it will not magically make it more relevant. I mean shit, this is like claiming that I can't favor black boxing gloves in training because I don't have the experience to understand that the gloves should really be pink.

Comment

No, it's actually completely incorrect, but it's obvious that people here might benefit from politeness.
                          OK, fair enough. What is your point exactly, since no one seems to get it?

Moral superiority: completely uncivilized, unreasonable and unacceptable behavior is accepted, encouraged and supported here.
                          Intellectual superiority: you actually try to argue in favor of such behavior, and you don't do it very well.
                          But you too are engaging in uncivil behavior with spamming, swearing, and your general tone. How does this give you moral superiority? Your response to intellectual superiority is a non sequitur. By what right do you claim intellectual superiority?

I'm stating how I'd like martial artists to ideally be and how I'd like to be/am myself. I am not stating how martial artists should be, or how they factually are in reality.
                          And herein lies the issue, by your actions and insistence, you appear to be trying to demonstrate your viewpoint is correct and should be adopted by others. If this is not the case, why are you still arguing its validity as if it were a fact?

Oh, please tell me what it's really about. I'm sure I'll immediately abandon my values and beliefs as soon as I discover that martial artists really are just violent drunks, and that I should be one too. I'm sure I'll have to start drinking in order to learn how to do a roundhouse kick.
                          Your sarcasm is unwarranted here and goes back to what I said about moral superiority; you are not winning anyone over with this. Martial arts are about fighting; everything else is ancillary.

I know perfectly well that the average Bullshido user knows more than I do about the MA, but that is completely irrelevant, and constantly appealing to it will not magically make it more relevant. I mean shit, this is like claiming that I can't favor black boxing gloves in training because I don't have the experience to understand that the gloves should really be pink.
                          Locu5
                          combat sports hobbyist

Comment

No, it's actually completely incorrect
                            and there's the problem. No-one here seems to understand what you're saying.
                            Either every single person who posts on bullshido has serious problems with reading comprehension, or you can't express yourself. At all.

Which do you think it is?

Comment

OK, fair enough. What is your point exactly, since no one seems to get it?
                              Ready? Here it comes: I personally attach certain values to the martial arts. They're my values and I don't expect anyone else to follow them or associate them with the martial arts or anything else. I don't claim that they're objective values that everyone follows or should follow, but I think it would be nice if they were an essential part of the martial arts. If that isn't provocative enough for a 50 page flamewar, nothing is!

But you too are engaging in uncivil behavior with spamming, swearing, and your general tone. How does this give you moral superiority?
                              Like I've said many times before, it's impossible for me or probably anyone else to reach the level of JFS & co when it comes to uncivil behavior. I'm simply getting more and more irritated because people insist on dragging this on and defending JFS' obnoxious behavior. JFS immediately flipped out for no reason and remained that way, while I gradually became angry because of the unreasonable attitude of Bullshido. There's the difference.

I was making a point with the spamming, and I succeeded. When KFDW spams images, it's accepted and ok. When I do the same, it's not ok. Double standards.

Your response to intellectual superiority is a non sequitur. By what right do you claim intellectual superiority?
                              Hmm? I already explained it.

And herein lies the issue, by your actions and insistence, you appear to be trying to demonstrate your viewpoint is correct and should be adopted by others. If this is not the case, why are you still arguing its validity as if it were a fact?
                              Are you just pretending to be stupid to troll me, or are you for real? I just explained how my viewpoint is not objectively correct, and that I'm not trying to force it on anyone! I've explained it a hundred times already in various different ways.

Your sarcasm is unwarranted here and goes back to what I said about moral superiority; you are not winning anyone over with this. Martial arts are about fighting; everything else is ancillary.
                              I've never claimed that they aren't about fighting.

Oh, so now there's something specific that a martial artist should be, something that's objectively correct? Didn't you just accuse me of forcing my opinion on everyone else? Didn't you (and a lot of other people) also say that martial arts is only about fighting?

We can go around and around with this to no resolution for 12 more pages, or we can try to reach a consensus. What would you like?
                              A concensus cannot be reached because people ignore what I say on purpose, and make things too complicated or twist them into something that they're not.

Originally posted by pox
                              and there's the problem. No-one here seems to understand what you're saying.
                              Either every single person who posts on bullshido has serious problems with reading comprehension, or you can't express yourself. At all.

Which do you think it is?
                              I guess it just proves that I'm intellectually superior.

Comment

Hey, you know what? You don't have to be a douche back to us. If you're so intellectually superior, why don't you prove it, by like, not blithering and crying.

This is not a college student union. You do not have the right not to be offended or screwed with here.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X