No announcement yet.

I've started training at a McDojo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am from Spain and despite being some places I wouldn't consider good schools I don't think something even similar to this exits here...I just can't believe it!! This is surreal. Is there many places like this in the States? This was a great post, thanks for sharing the experience...just unbelievable...when I saw that website...that fucking picture...I am still in awe!!those fucking Gis with a million logos on them...whats wrong with this people? And the prices???WTF!

Only explanation I find is this people pay for this roleplaying thing, where they live in a parallel reality that works for them...if everyone involved believes it then its real for them I guess. As long as no one gets out f character or gets to test their abilities for real...it must work. How sad. I specially feel for the kids that get trapped into that shit...

Comment

West Wind was probably the most expensive school chain we ever found. And while they were not a scientology level cult, based on their sales pitch there was some manipulation going on. There are percentage wise a small number of schools like west wind out there but they do exist.

Comment

how do this places fare into legal limits? false leading into spending money etc...there must be some legal issues there, no? Just WOW

Comment

Originally posted by ccamara View Post
          how do this places fare into legal limits? false leading into spending money etc...there must be some legal issues there, no? Just WOW
          In the US there is no uniform standard for martial arts training, so there would be a very high bar set for a legal action to be successful against a school. There'd have to be gross negligence resulting in a training injury, breach of contract, or fraudulent representation of credentials. The last would be the most unlikely to prevail, as there are so few organizations with a structure recognized officially. Just teaching useless nonsense and claiming it is awesome will not get anyone in trouble; it's like Olive Garden claiming they have good food.

Comment

Comment

Well, uh, wow. Adjusted for inflation that place would run $530/month now. What the fuck.

Comment

Right. It comes from Jonestown which was named for Jim Jones himself. He was a cult leader and had his people commit mass suicide when it became clear they were getting shut down. They drank kool-aid with a little valium, chloral hydrate, cyanide and phenergan mixed in. Crazy story if you aren't familiar with it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X