I've started training at a McDojo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've started training at a McDojo!

A few weeks ago, I discovered West Wind Karate (also known as West Wind Bok Fu, also known as West Wind Kung Fu), a school that offers "the most expensive training in the world". I suspect I cannot afford the most expensive training in the world, but fortunately, I could afford their free introductory lessons. This is my story.

Disclaimer: To anyone who thinks that I was just stringing West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu along and wasting their time, I argue that there should be nothing wrong with checking out a school before making your decision. I visited 2 BJJ schools and a TKD school before I even started martial arts. In college, I visited two jiu jitsu schools before picking one, and in Maryland over winter break, I trained at Yamasaki one year, then tried Evolve and trained there the next. When I arrived in Berkeley, I trained with the Berkeley judo club, then took a free lesson at a local MMA school, where I then began training. Since switching to the MMA school, I've taken a free lesson at Ralph Gracie's (decided it wasn't worth the money and commute) and a free lesson at another BJJ academy (which I enjoyed and now also train at). During my introductory lessons at West-Wind karate / West Wind bok fu / West Wind kung fu, I will be respectful, practice all my forms, and will give them an honest chance to prove that they don't teach utter crap. And if they're worth the money, of course I'll enroll. Anyway, on with the story:
    Last edited by bunyip; 8/05/2005 10:36pm, .
    "I'm offering straight punch, kick while downed to the ribs or head, and of course- the german suplex...which is one suplex quickly followed by another." - Guerilla Fists

Matt Thornton explains "aliveness": http://www.bullshido.com/videos/sbg2.wmv

West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu thread
    West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu archive thread
    (experiment to see if I can boost the thread's Google rank)

Last edited by bunyip; 5/29/2004 11:09am, .
    "I'm offering straight punch, kick while downed to the ribs or head, and of course- the german suplex...which is one suplex quickly followed by another." - Guerilla Fists

Matt Thornton explains "aliveness": http://www.bullshido.com/videos/sbg2.wmv

West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu thread
    West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu archive thread
    (experiment to see if I can boost the thread's Google rank)

Comment

Can you get it video taped and produce highlights?
      This looks like a very promising school, I hope you have fun training at this respectable acedemy.
      Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

The only word that comes to mind:

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.........
        Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
        "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Comment

Well, let's hope you're worthy of their instruction...
          You say what about my rice?

Comment

Hey, is that you in your avatar TaeBo_Master? That's really cool!
            You look very fit and atheltic, you must have done a lot of that TaeBo hahahaha!

This shows women REALLY do come to the internet.

bunyip - I truely respect your willingness to have an open cup. Many people have their cup tainted and not well washed by other so-called effective styles. These styles focus mainly on non-honourable sport fighting matches that are done for entertainment. I think today's honourable martial artist should focus on personal enlightment, spiritual beliefs and non-violence. The art of martial art has not been emphasize enough and we, as the leaders of martial arts today must change this.

Blessing to you,

Piz Doff
            Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Oohh, sounds interesting. Can't wait for updates :D

Comment

That sounds like some kind of evil organization out of a 60s or 70s movie.

I also like how they teach both Shotokan and Tiger Kung Fu. It makes me think of the newest Mortal Kombat game where everyone switches between 3 rigid styles in the middle of a fight.
                Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Comment

Hidden camera videotaping is a MUST!
                  MY NAME IS ANTAGONY I SUCK AT COMBAT SPORTS KTHX

"blahblahblah, but I don't think I'm going to train tonight."
                  "Fag."
                  "Well if that were true, then I'd really REALLY want to come train!"

Comment

HA! This shit is going to be great! This is precisely what Bullshido.com is all about!

Comment

you'll probably get pwn3d by them.:D

Comment

Be careful--you may discover an underground opium factory and hundreds of mindless servants who you'd have to fight your way past on the way back above ground. But even if you make it to the surface, you'll still have to make it through the hall of mirrors, where the Big Boss will be waiting for you with his detachable metal hand-claw...

Comment

Bull-shit, Mr. Han-Man!
                          Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
                          Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Comment

I really wonder how they take themselves so seriously, maybe because you're in a big city that this kind of nonsense is able to go on.
                            "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Comment

It's a cult

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X