Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for ex Jung SuWon / Tae Yun Kim students (Part 4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow Dancer
    replied
    Originally posted by bemused View Post
    It may be harder to leave now than it was when I did. The economy is bad, they've been in for much of their lives, and LMBP has various ways of trapping them, including marrying them with each other.
    She also has them believing that the outside world is out to get them and that their only safe refuge is with her, as she has mystical abilities to read portents and omens. They are now all absorbed children living in a tree-house believing that they are alone and brave.

LMBP has gotten them away from the ability to think for themselves. They look to her for advice on what to eat, who to date, what to wear, where to work, where to live, when to wake up, when to go to bed, who to talk to, who to shun, what the bible says, what car to buy, who to donate to, how to vote, etc. The really ironic thing is that they think that they are the masters of their lives. She reinforces her control with alternating hissy-fits and a few words of praise. They literally cannot survive without her. In some ways, they are better off with her now as they are unable to live in the real-world. Taking them away from the only environment they have known for decades would probably cause more harm than good.
    Last edited by Shadow Dancer; 4/20/2011 11:22am, .

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    I should hope as all TYK's minions get older, they get a bit wiser. Even the most brainwashed retain a vestige of reality, deep in the recesses of their subconscious minds. They may soon, if not already, see her as an aging woman making irrational demands that exceed normal parameters.
    Marriage is not a barrier to leaving either. These are arranged situations and from what I can deduce, not based on any desire to live happily ever after.
    I draw a parallel with North Korea, a country so despotic it boggles the mind. Those living under that regime their entire lives still yearn for freedom and take inordinate risks to cross the border into China. Those living under the iron thumb of TYK are no different in their wants and desires.

Leave a comment:

• bemused
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
    At this point in time, I think kimmie is through. Her schtick is becoming blase', there are too many other 'Rolex Reverends' out there vying for the 'pre-enlightened' yuppsters money, and her own behavior is making too much of an impression on would-be contributors. She is no longer important or interesting. She should change her name to: "Little Miss Bossy-Pants".
    I agree. Her popularity, such as it was, seemed to peak in the mid-90s. It's just too bad that Little Miss Bossy Pants still has minions to boss around. It may be harder to leave now than it was when I did. The economy is bad, they've been in for much of their lives, and LMBP has various ways of trapping them, including marrying them with each other.

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    Apparently they're not reading this thread either, as they haven't put up a new student of the week on the JSW website since I brought up the subject.

__________________________________________________ _
    tintinnuntis meus sonat

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    Oh puhraise Jaysus if that be true, Shadow Dancer

Leave a comment:

• Shadow Dancer
    replied
    At this point in time, I think kimmie is through. Her schtick is becoming blase', there are too many other 'Rolex Reverends' out there vying for the 'pre-enlightened' yuppsters money, and her own behavior is making too much of an impression on would-be contributors. She is no longer important or interesting. She should change her name to: "Little Miss Bossy-Pants".

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    That not being allowed to talk happened here in VT also - I was trying to put up the school sign (ATC at the time) and the poor guy I was working with was on that special program of silence. It was majorly difficult to get the sign up under those circumstances.

On another occasion, I was working with another student building tables for the Buddhist temple TYk's mother headed. We had to work through the night without speaking, assembling the tables for the following day's service. Totally crazy...no talking, no sleep, no food....That wacko temple is a whole story in itself.

__________________________________________________ ________
    potest facere quod facere potest, quin me......

Leave a comment:

• bemused
    replied
    Ah, the Days of Deep Doo-Doo. At times Kimmie would get upset at everyone in COL for failing her in some way. For example, an event wouldn't go as planned, she would blame COL and tell them to leave her presence, and they would take her literally instead of taking the hint that it was time to grovel. Or too many people would complain to her about COL conditions or about other COL members, Kimmie would feel overly burdened, and she would put everyone on a special "program."

At these times, COL would be suffering some indignity behind the scenes, such as fasting or not being allowed to talk, but while in martial arts class or at work (before everyone worked at Lighthouse), they would have to pretend that everything was normal. The higher up you were the weirder things were, and the more acting talent it took to fake normalcy. It was somewhat like a domestic violence victim hiding bruises.

Maybe COL is going though something like that now.

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    Originally posted by bemused View Post
    Either things are slow or the minions are so busy tending to Kimmie that they don't have time to evaluate students every week.
    Kind of reminds me of worker bees tending to the female queen. The JSW webmaster is probably in deep doo-doo also

Leave a comment:

• bemused
    replied
    Either things are slow or the minions are so busy tending to Kimmie that they don't have time to evaluate students every week.

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    Things must be slow over at Jung Suwon - that student of the week has morphed into student of the month......

Leave a comment:

• bemused
    replied
    Kittyki, I would never seek excuses for TYK's misconduct, only attempted explanations. I was guessing that maybe she does so little for herself because she's incapable of a lot of things, possibly due to a learning disability. This might excuse her from operating a computer, but NOTHING excuses her abusive, manipulative behavior. If she needs other people to do things for her, she should be extra nice to them.

As for borderline personality disorder, I have pointed this out several times before. There are four related personality disorders, called Cluster B in the DSM-IV. They are the borderline, narcissistic, histrionic, and antisocial (sociopathic) personality disorders. TYK is so messed up she would probably qualify as having ALL of them.

I don't think she's schizophrenic. Her general reality orientation seems quite normal, except for her grandiosity about herself, which seems more calculating than delusional. Schizophrenia is such a tragic condition that it really would be an excuse.

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    Kittyki -

I am not the person named (O'Neil). You don't know my name and probably never will.
    I believe they were trying to get to me because I know a lot and was a liability to them. If they could denigrate me and besmirch my reputation, then that would call into question anything I had to say...

Social norms were a thing unknown to TYK and her syncophants, so if they were talking about sexual stuff at the dinner table, I am not at all surprised.

That phrase I used at the end of my post is pseudo Latin - translates as "don't let the bastards grind you down" and is generally known to engineering students.

Leave a comment:

• kittyki
    replied
    Carborundom? That's a word from WW2 I haven't heard someone print in a while.

SNAFU and FUBAR also.

And my favorite ruined line from Aliens, which doesn't make sense, 'assholes and elbows let's go', when the marine guy wanted the men to get into the landing ship and fly out, which is wrong because 'assholes and elbows' is drill instructor talk for get down on and pick up what's on the ground, like cigarette butts. What he should have said was 'Get your asses moving! Now!'
    Last edited by kittyki; 4/17/2011 2:27pm, .

Leave a comment:

• kittyki
    replied
    SHS was sometimes clown shoes anyway, as he said to be hip several times 'I have multiple orgsams' which with embarrassed his wife. TYK would bring this up several times inappropriately, like at dinners and such, with kids present. Somehow that is just wrong, not to mention physically impossible for a man. He can't deny that he did say some strange stuff at dinners. Maybe it was the wee bit of champagne talking. Or not. (It was brought up in a old post also). I believe it was Clare who said, 'I don't find orgsams bad'. Ha. They are if they're blurted out about by TYK's robots in mixed company!

Then again, on several weekend retreats she had JW (guy) bring of the story of the former student he knew who apparently had relations with a deer, buy this was probably just to be gross. In mixed company.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X