Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for ex Jung SuWon / Tae Yun Kim students (Part 4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed Student
    replied
    I can't seem to find anything about the TYK Foundation - there are several groups by that name. I would like to know what their mission statement is..

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    Uh oh - better check out Save the Children before you get your tickets. Seems there are opinions about this organization both pro and con. I will check out the journal of philanthropy and see what they have to say.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    caveat emptor

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    Well, lets all buy our tickets early so we don't miss out on madame's great event July 9.
    Check the JSW website....

__________________________________________________ __________
    antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    [QUOTE=kittyki;Shadow's right. They're not on these boards anymore. Also I believe their webmaster has quit. (As FS suggested). Ha. But SAK and EAS are still there I think because their YouTuibe channels were updated recently.

[I]Well apparently when their webmaster quit, he or she took the password with them so they cannot get into the site to update...[/I]

Last edited by Failed Student; 4/25/2011 12:04pm, .

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    Kittyki -
    I have just finished perusing your most recent posts, and need to make a few comments and corrections...

The original ATC logo had six yin yangs (I think in Korean it's "um yang") around the center one..there were six original founders of the school, myself included, although I was the lowest ranking one, by her imperial fiat. I was also the lone female in that elite group. SHS was the only black belt at the time, MBF and WHH were I think red belts, DP purple, and I green. I forget the other person's last name, but his first initial was J, and I think he leapfrogged over me in promotion. Of course, Queen Bee was the center um yang.
    The number six is sacred to TYK, and whilst I was still in her good graces, I sat at the round table she had in her office and shared meals with the others. There were seven chairs, and SHS and WHH sat on either side of madame, then those of us with lower ranks, further away. Once I was banished to the gulag (outside her office) for various reasons, primarily no longer financially backing her, that never occurred again.
    BTW - my name is not Juliana and if there was anyone there by that name, it would have been someone who joined after I left.

Concerning the website, I went to WHOIS, which lists webmasters and other info about websites. It lists some offshore outfit and there is no way of knowing who is doing the actual updates. (I also use this service on one of the websites I manage, and it's a good way to remain anonymous).

I use Latin in my sign off because the ancients had much wisdom in their sayings, my heritage is connected to the Romans, and I hope whatever I have written or will write, either from Seneca, Petronius, Cicero or my own brilliant mind, stimulates the brain cells of the readers here.

__________________________________________________ _________
    cave caput equi in lecut tecum
    Last edited by Failed Student; 4/23/2011 6:52am, .

Leave a comment:

• kittyki
    replied
    I stand corrected on the ineptitude of her psychopants and their willingness to send stuff to intimidate others, and do general mayhem, which probably worked great if you were in full COL and had nobody else to turn to. She conveniently took away your freedom and made you believe there was no one else, or that others wouldn't understand, or some drivel. Usually that's the kind of crap a pervert tell you before something bad happens. It's a form of control. You stayed in line back then because those jerks who did stuff to your car or tagged your ankle, or whatever would be back. I remember reading about the ankle tagging at night. Had anyone tried that on me at a SDW or something, they would have gotten just close enough to put on the anklet, and then I would kick them in the face. I don't sleep that soundly. But I only did the self discovery weekends and it probably didn't happen there. Conveniently they invaded your privacy if you were in COL, put you on astupid diets, and deprived you COLs of sleep. So you couldn't think your way out. It's like when TYK would get all bleary and make up some bull about wanting to leave, and like I said before, I wished someone had said right there, fine by you. Go ahead and leave.

And FS, keep up the latin.

And the last time I was in the dream do jang I took off with a master belt, but it was only a dream. I am the master of my life. Not TYK. You should be the masters of your life. Not someone else. Not a copy.

And it is annoying that some of you COLs had to have the painted eyebrows and tattooed eyebrows and those awful hairdos sometimes she made you wear.

And Shadow, Koreans are notorious for using the word humble and meaning something like prideful. They have so much to be prideful for. Especially TYK who has used other people for so long it's paid off. (Sarcasm).

And I didn't think you were lying about the vandals, FS. I was just saying sometimes it's possible someone else could have done it, but not if they left a note. That is also intensely a dumb thing on the part of the assailant to do.

So Kathy could have brought down the whole enchelada with all her back story? Maybe she should write a book.
    Last edited by kittyki; 4/22/2011 9:23pm, .

Leave a comment:

• kittyki
    replied
    I go away for a few days and look what happens! Yay. Well FS, I had you mixed up for someone else. No worries. I was not looking to out you. One of the other Vermont students was the other Juliana, Doesn't matter. The old ATC logo had seven instructors as yin yangs I think, around TYK's middle one, and one them was someone else. I'm AB. I wasn't one of the initial seven although I am one of the black belts in the 2001 testing video on YouTube. (AG had already tested and had his belt). You never met me. I have disabilities that at times TYK would brag about, like look what she did, not what I did, to overcome them.

Shadow's right. They're not on these boards anymore. Also I believe their webmaster has quit. (As FS suggested). Ha. But SAK and EAS are still there I think because their YouTuibe channels were updated recently.

Bemused is right. It is psychosis. TYK is nuts. It is also BPD. She does have delusions though, of grandeur and being important.

Yeah, I would not want to speculate on TYK's personal relations with students, as it has been noted many, many times before.

I really do think the bad press on the net has fried her chances of rising to her 1990s levels. She cannot convince a pot to boil at this point without someone making a rebuttal she can't shut down. She is probably still milking the City Team at her Birthday month, (a local poor person's shelter) trying to look good. Been doing that since 2004 or so.

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    I wonder what's going on at JSW -
    is business that slow that they can't come up with a new "student of the week" or has the webmaster gone missing?

__________________________________________________ ___
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius
    Last edited by Failed Student; 4/21/2011 7:59pm, .

Leave a comment:

• Shadow Dancer
    replied
    I don't think LMBP would ever let someone appear to be more important than her under any circumstance. She may let them revel in their area of expertise or in their rank, but she always has made sure the word got out that 'she' chose them or that "she" appointed them or that they are only great because 'she' said they were. She has no peers, only subjects.

Leave a comment:

• bemused
    replied
    AG might have been an exception. He was somewhat charismatic. But as I recall he didn't really like talking to large groups of people. Kimmie probably didn't mind his charisma because as a salesman he earned her money, as a sports celebrity he brought her attention, and as her lover--I'd rather not speculate.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow Dancer
    replied
    I think you are right Bemused. There can only be one Alpha Dog in each pack.

Leave a comment:

• bemused
    replied
    None of the minions appear to have much charisma. Perhaps this is because Kimmie has conditioned them to be dutiful followers rather than leaders. Or perhaps this is because Kimmie won't let anyone with charisma become her follower and possibly compete with her.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow Dancer
    replied
    Originally posted by Failed Student View Post
    or will they be like worker ants without a queen, running around in a disordered manner, and soon thereafter - colony collapse.
    I think scotty will try to keep the "Church of Kim" going for a while. He may even embellish her awards and accomplishments to new levels. But ultimately it will wither away as he lacks charisma. He is a capable follower and cheerleader, but not a visionary. Also, he has vestiges of humanity that I think would prevent him from gratuitously abusing people for the sheer joy of the power-trip.

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    Assuming you are correct in your analysis Shadow Dancer -

I wonder what will happen then to these "children" when TYK dies. Will they be able to survive on their own? Will they be able to handle freedom? How will they deal with the outside world, or will they be like worker ants without a queen, running around in a disordered manner, and soon thereafter - colony collapse.

__________________________________________________ _______
    serpens sine capite
    Last edited by Failed Student; 4/20/2011 12:02pm, .

Leave a comment:

• bemused
    replied
    Failed Student is the optimist, Shadow Dancer the pessimist. I tend to agree with Failed Student. All the minions still have the potential to find themselves and leave. Whether they will is anyone's guess. For me, leaving was hard at first, but I am stronger for having rebuilt my life.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X