Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for ex Jung SuWon / Tae Yun Kim students (Part 4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bemused
    replied
    Originally posted by kittyki View Post
    What a crazy off experience. Was Carson or Bemused at that? I think they were still around. I don't recall. I know JP was there and all of the COLs were present. I think MEA was the driver of our van. Anyway, it was one time where she got this weird award and did a demo at a fashion show.
    I was there. Kimmie wanted the COL women to help the models backstage. I couldn't bring myself to do it because I was horrified at how skeletal they were. As I recall Blondie KS gained brownie points by being really good at helping the models. One good thing to come out of that day was that my envy of fashion models ceased that day, never to return. But I digress.

It did seem really odd that Kimmie was usurping a fashion show to get this award. I wondered what was in it for the KBC, or whatever that organization was. I thought it was Seon Productions, the same people who did the Romancercize videos, but my memory could be fuzzy. Maybe they thought Kimmie was as important as she said she was.

As I recall, Carson was with a few people who flew to LA. They all shared a hotel room, unbeknown to the hotel, and used sleeping bags. I was with this non-COL family who drove their giant RV down. They also drove all night on the return trip.

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    In Vermont, TYK (Kyong-Ae) used to squeeze the last drop of energy out of her minions also. There was a Korean master in Florida (who, by the way, had a mail-order PhD) which he proudly displayed at his dojang. Yes, I know his name but will not publish it here..
    Anyhoo, SHS, MBF, WHH drove from Vermont to Florida to be at the grand opening of his new dojang. They were exhausted from no sleep, but madame made them do some breaking and sparring. It went badly - SHS usually could break bottles, but not on this occasion. The sparring was in slow mo...After the event was over and we had some food that was brought by parents of the students, we headed north - five of us packed into SHS's VW Jetta...non-stop, each of us driving for a few hours. At one point, somewhere around CT, MBF did drift off the road but woke up in time, and gave me the wheel. It was one ride from hell from start to finish...somewhere in the south, SHS got a speeding ticket and we paid up on the spot rather than wait for a few days and go to court. What a racket that is, but in truth, he was speeding. Rather than use the interstate to avoid NYC, SHS decided to go through all that traffic, tunnels, and noise, which added a few more unpleasant hours to the trip. Of course, madame snoozed all the way as she did not have to drive. When we finally reached VT, another diversion...instead of getting to our homes, madame decided to go to a local quarry where we (illegally) swam and trained during the summer.
    Of course, I was tricked into even going on this trip...I flew down to FLA with her and was supposed to fly back the next day, but surprise, surprise - her three minions appeared, and I was obligated to take the grueling trip back with them. Not only did I have to stay awake, I had to listen to some damned tape of a Buddhist priest chanting - over and over again, until I thought I would go insane. Talk about brainwashing.......

Last edited by Failed Student; 4/30/2011 6:37am, .

Leave a comment:

• kittyki
    replied
    Hello again: Yes, embarrassing demos were common when I was there, including the video of the infamous Willie Brown one where she asked about his junk. (He's African American). I'm not kidding! Willie was the SF mayor at the time. Is there no shame? One time she grabbed local politician McHugh from the stands at an event and made him break a board. It was kind of sad considering he was so out of shape. She later gave him a black belt. It was as honorary as her fake doctorate, but it was for some self aggrandizing purpose. Yeah, Shadow, I remember some of those demos in a meeting. Ah, just like old times. I got to sit in some of them after you guys left. Ha. It was fascinating to watch the other businessmen and city guys there looking dumbstruck but playing along with it because someone had a camera and was filming, or something. Even with my lack of social skills (at the time) I could tell that they were like, 'who the heck does she think she is?'

One time in 1996 we pulled an all nighter trip to Los Angeles to the Bonaventure Hotel (where they filmed some Arnie movies) in 1996 in October I believe, for perhaps the strangest demo of all. The Cultural Living Treasure Award show was to be presented tro TYK from the KBC, (Korean broadcast network or something), and all blaxck belt club students went, (I was in the club and in part time col, but as you know, not in col, just energy classes), so I got to go, and felt quite special being invited to go, not like it was a chore.

Well it turned out the thing was a fashion show, not a cultural award show, but TYK hijacked it and convinced the fashion show people to let her get an award for how awesome she was! Like wow. WTF? Yes. I was thinking that. So this weird fashion show, in Korean, is going on and we're eating 80 dollar plates of steak, potatoes and peas (measly portions for the price) and we had fine wine, (but I didn't have any wine).

So these fashion women come out as gaunt as zombies with tatters of clothing on, as Korean ladies are rather lanky but have bowed hips, sometimes, so it looked rather odd, like a scary kind of odd. (For them this worked as I have nothing against petite sizes) but really they were anorexic like models but more so).

So most of it's in Korean and about half way through there is this weird demo, right in the middle. TYK takes over and does a demo, with her team and all breaking boards and stuff, and there is this long speech, from the director, and from her, and then they get on with the show.

So yeah she did that, and we drove back that night because she was too cheap to let us stay in the hotel! It's like, why the heck not? Let's just risk us all being tired, (epsiecially the drivers being tired) and drive back. I was a passenger but worried that we might die from a sleepy driver. Fortunately, we arrived back at dawn. Whew.

What a crazy off experience. Was Carson or Bemused at that? I think they were still around. I don't recall. I know JP was there and all of the COLs were present. I think MEA was the driver of our van. Anyway, it was one time where she got this weird award and did a demo at a fashion show.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow Dancer
    replied
    Well, at least they didn't have a mini martial arts demonstration in the middle of the business meeting. They pulled that trick later on.
    Last edited by Shadow Dancer; 4/29/2011 10:15am, .

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    There are tons of martial arts schools in California. I wonder if the general public is willing to pay good money to watch students test for their black belts. Master demonstrations - I suppose it will be the usual breaking stuff which is just a practical application of the laws of physics and no magical "enagee".

Way back in the dawn of time when Lighthouse was called The Software Group here in Vermont, these same people hired a conference room in the local Radisson Hotel to shill their software which was designed to facilitate the finding of real estate properties for the prospective client as well as determine how much of a mortgage they could afford and what the payments would be. A very few realtors showed up and I was coerced by madame to attend so as to add another warm body to this small gathering. The presentation was embarrassingly childish and I believe they sold only one realtor on the package...which later it turned out, was a bad deal as the software was incompatible with his computer etc etc...and he was pissed as hell.
    So will this supposed fund raiser be another fiasco? I have already donated through a charitable group with sterling creds, so I think I shall decline to attend.

__________________________________________________ ____
    stulti coetus

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    Perhaps they have already printed flyers and posters and taken out ads with the error..pity!

__________________________________________________ ___
    forte melius sit error manet

Leave a comment:

• Kathy Kim
    replied
    [QUOTE=kittyki;2540183]Hello!
    Kathy, why are you on the run? The TYKs aren't still interested in you?

I meant I was busy kittyki...sorry you misunderstood me.

Leave a comment:

• kittyki
    replied
    Hello!
    Kathy, why are you on the run? The TYKs aren't still interested in you?
    The 'glandmaster' cracks me up, Shadow. Lol.
    FS, that glaring error is really funny. According to the error, this even happened a decade ago. ROTFLMFHO. Coming soon in 2001. And it isn't the only one. Also it seems really weird that she is going to an event like that where she isn't directly involved, but wants to show how awesome she is, like when she did the DC thing. I remember videos from it. Mostly a demo. She even visited politicians and celebs and pretended she really cared and would promise them they'd get elected. Yeah, that will work. The 2004 democrat run for assemblyman for local Manayan was especially a bust, so bad that the sycophants began drinking to kill the mood. She can deny that, but we were there. I'm positive also Ryanbeld was a witness to the failure that night. It was epic.

Things TYK should steer clear of, politics, child welfare foundations, battered women's shelters, and churches.

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    I see a glaring error in their event promo. Apparently proofreading is not one of their skills.

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
    In all honesty, do we really expect kimmie's foundation to be of any benefit other than to her? She needs a continual chorus telling her how generous, or talented, or beautiful, or wise, or skilled she is. She did something similar with the "Just Say No" rally in DC. Everyone was pressured into going out and grovelling for donations. Kimmie marched through the streets of Milpitas with cheering throngs of students behind her. We all then went to DC. She stayed in a glorious hotel and all the minions who did the work got to sleep in a cockroach haven. At the Mall, kimmie shouted her blather and some students broke a few bricks and did a few forms. Kimmie got her photo op, the students got the bill, and no one ever mentioned the "Just Say No" program again, as it had served it's purpose of 'promoting glandmaster'.
    Why does this not surprise me? I suspect that the black belt testing and all that nonsense will be just a front for her self- promotion and glorification. I wonder whether there will be a sell out crowd to this farce. or perhaps her students will be pressured to buy multiple tickets just as they were pressured to buy multiple copies of her books when she had her book signings... I hope at least Save the Children gets a creditable amount of proceeds from this. Then again, why did they ever lend their name to this event?

__________________________________________________ _____
    de inimico non loquaris sed cogites

Leave a comment:

• Shadow Dancer
    replied
    In all honesty, do we really expect kimmie's foundation to be of any benefit other than to her? She needs a continual chorus telling her how generous, or talented, or beautiful, or wise, or skilled she is. She did something similar with the "Just Say No" rally in DC. Everyone was pressured into going out and grovelling for donations. Kimmie marched through the streets of Milpitas with cheering throngs of students behind her. We all then went to DC. She stayed in a glorious hotel and all the minions who did the work got to sleep in a cockroach haven. At the Mall, kimmie shouted her blather and some students broke a few bricks and did a few forms. Kimmie got her photo op, the students got the bill, and no one ever mentioned the "Just Say No" program again, as it had served it's purpose of 'promoting glandmaster'.

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    The TYK Foundation is not listed in the American Institute of Philanthropy. So who or what is the TYK Foundation? Who are their officers other than SHS, what amount of money do they bring in, what is their administrative overhead as a percentage of their income, etc etc? There should be an annual report with this information available to the public. Save the Children appears to be legit, although some are questioning their fund raising techniques , as in pressuring potential donors.

Last edited by Failed Student; 4/27/2011 10:26am, .

Leave a comment:

• Kathy Kim
    replied
    Originally posted by Failed Student View Post
    There is a TYK Foundation registered with the California Secretary of State with our good friend SHS as the go to person....All I would like to know is what their mission statement is, in the unlikely event I would contribute or attend this event..

qui nimium probat, nihil probat

If I wasn't on the run right now I would just call and ask them. Maybe when I get back :)

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    Originally posted by Kathy Kim View Post
    I don't hink they call it the TYK Foundation. Seems to me she had another name. Look for the most long winded mission statement, I bet that it her!!!
    There is a TYK Foundation registered with the California Secretary of State with our good friend SHS as the "go to" person. They were first registered in 2007 and show an "active" status...All I would like to know is what their mission statement is, in the unlikely event I would contribute or attend this event..

qui nimium probat, nihil probat
    Last edited by Failed Student; 4/27/2011 9:54am, .

Leave a comment:

• Kathy Kim
    replied
    I don't hink they call it the TYK Foundation. Seems to me she had another name. Look for the most long winded mission statement, I bet that it her!!!

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X