Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for ex Jung SuWon / Tae Yun Kim students (Part 4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bemused
    replied
    A recent conversation with a friend got me thinking about this thread again, and especially about Ryanbeld's final comment that there are people who have had it worse.

On one hand, I think it's useful for victim recovery to realize that other people have been through worse. It prevents self-pity and encourages empathy.

On the other hand, I don't think it's useful for perpetrator accountability. It can lead to a race to the bottom, in which lesser perpetrators are excused and only the worst are punished. Because abuse tends to escalate and victims tend to accumulate, it is best to catch perpetrators as early in their "careers" as possible.

Leave a comment:

• bemused
    replied
    Charliebo, it's good that you let the theatre manager know the other side of the story. That is really all anyone can do. The theatre manager will have to make up his or her own mind. Kimmie and her minions have their First Amendment rights to freedom of expression, but at the same time, businesses have their First Amendment rights to freedom of association. Knowledge is power, and Kimmie thrives on outsiders' ignorance of her abusive actions.

Leave a comment:

• Charliebo
    replied
    Just had to vent to people who understand....
    I went to the movies at pacific commons in fremont, and saw that they have a booth set up right when you walk in..kids...teens...
    dropped my stomach...
    Told the manager they should do their research on who they let do this..That it was a cult. I don't know if anything will happen.
    has anyone seen their booths up anywhere else?

Leave a comment:

• bemused
    replied
    Hey Ryanbeld, it's great to hear that you're doing well and moving on with your life. Best of luck to you in all you do.

Everyone handles conflict differently. Some people are more vocal, others more private. Some people want to hold those who do wrong accountable, others want to escape further conflict. There are no perfect solutions.

I don't post here much anymore. I monitor sporadically in case someone has news or a question.

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    I wish this site had a "like" button. Thank you Ryanbeld for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Ryanbeld
    replied

Leave a comment:

• maestromtt
    replied
    Muay Thai

I wonder how jung suwon would translate to the real world fighting up against something like Muay Thai. I've been studying Muay Thai for about 6 months now so I'm just wondering what you guys think of in terms of style comparison.....Muay Thai vs. Jung Suwon; who'd come out on top?

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    Originally posted by Failed Student View Post
    I believe you misread the page. That was a reference to another company.
    Mea culpa Bemused - apparently they did go bankrupt but have reorganized and are still in business. Perchance Kimmy et al bit off more than they could chew with the Solyndra purchase. Perchance also they could find no one, or not enough people, to rent space in their studio and help them pay back their loan. On another note, the more I look at those self promoting websites, the more I realize how amateurish they are, and how anyone in the technical corporate world can take them seriously is beyond me.
    Last edited by Failed Student; 6/03/2013 11:29am, .

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    Originally posted by bemused View Post
    Am I reading this page right? Did Lighthouse file for bankruptcy last year?

http://investing.businessweek.com/re...vcapId=4393103

So much for "enagee" if that's true.
    I believe you misread the page. That was a reference to another company.

Leave a comment:

• bemused
    replied
    Am I reading this page right? Did Lighthouse file for bankruptcy last year?

http://investing.businessweek.com/re...vcapId=4393103

So much for "enagee" if that's true.

Leave a comment:

• bemused
    replied
    I stumbled upon this the other day and thought it might be of interest:

http://www.decision-making-confidenc...ociopaths.html

There's even a section on female cult leaders, which notes their tendency to be obsessed with controlling sex and food.

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    That fashion presentation should be called "look at meeee", what with the TYK logo in sequins on several of the outfits.

If this truly was a preview of her clothing line, where was the runway, the press, the fashion critics, the professional models? No designer models their own clothes, especially not a dumpy woman who was poured into her gowns and can hardly waddle in the opening shot. All I saw was about ten people, some obviously her students, strutting their stuff, accompanied to a background chant of "he can do"...etc, accompanied by the tattoo of drums.

You tube originally had two videos, the one that was removed was about three minutes long, but more of the same. Sorry kimmee, you ain't no Vera Wang, no Gloria Vanderbilt, no Jason Wu, for that matter....

Leave a comment:

• bemused
    replied
    Thank you, Sarangbitter, for giving us an important piece of the puzzle that is Tae Yun Kim. I've always said it's too bad she couldn't settle for simply being a good martial arts teacher.

Failed Student, it was Chicabonita who showed me the TYK fashion show video. My hubby and I had a good laugh over it. I especially liked the white outfit with the thick fur around the top of the high boots. It reminded me of a trimmed poodle.
    Last edited by bemused; 1/22/2013 7:42pm, .

Leave a comment:

• Failed Student
    replied
    Apparently some posts were lost in the switch to a differnt server, so I am going to post again on the subject not so dear to my heart - Dr Knight GGMTYK.
    If you go to You Tube and type in Tae Yun Kim, you will find a video of her holiness doing a fashion presentation - presumably in Korea. It's as I stated before - pathetic - some of her students strutting around with drummers in the background, and a grand finale of the aforementioned GGMTYK posing in a backless gown.

This venture of hers will crash and burn -just as TYK Jewels, TYK Ranch, and back in Vermont ----- ATC, The Software Group, and KAF Corp bit the dust. Her financial backers will be as usual, left holding the bag...

Leave a comment:

• JustSayNo
    replied
    College of Learning, Inc. is now known as Executive Leadership and Coaching, Inc. The entity number C1608532 was incorporated 2/24/1988, the same day as Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions, Inc. (formerly known as Lighthouse Associates)

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X