Mayweather vs Mosley - May 01, 2010 *spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayweather vs Mosley - May 01, 2010 *spoilers*

YouTube- Mayweather vs Mosley Promo (GP)

Floyd Mayweather Jr. - Counter puncher, Defensive wizard, Unbeaten
    Shane Mosley - Orthodox Boxer/Puncher, Heart and Offensive, Welterweight Champion

P.S. this is a boxing event.
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Personally, I'll be rooting for Mosley.

Not because of Mayweather's childish antics, but because of Mayweather's history of weak competition that should be catching up to him soon. Although, he is known to be a disciplinarian in the gym.
    Additionally, he's too concerned about his unbeaten record, thus opting him to always go for an easy decision.

Mosley on the other hand, has gone through fire and brimstone. Has always been up to any challenge. And has nothing to lose.
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

Mosley FTW only because there is a better likely hood of Pacquiao versus Mosley rather than Mayweather.

I personally hate Mayweather and want him to finally get the beat down he deserves.

Comment

Its a weird one because, It will be the first time Mayweather has fought a decent Welterweight in years.

Mosley's strong and skillful but Mayweather has unbelieveable defensive skills, I'm suprised Mayweather took this fight as i think Mosley is the most dangerous opposition he could currently face.

I guess we'll get to finally see if Maywaether is really as good as he thinks he is.

Comment

I like them both - great fighters but for different reasons. I wish Floyd would just shut up though. Why even make a come back if you're going to be so cagey about who you fight and when. Just take the fights already, or if you're so worried about your record, stay retired

Comment

May 1st will be May's 1st loss... or so Mosley says.

Comment

Originally posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
              Its a weird one because, It will be the first time Mayweather has fought a decent Welterweight in years.

Mosley's strong and skillful but Mayweather has unbelieveable defensive skills, I'm suprised Mayweather took this fight as i think Mosley is the most dangerous opposition he could currently face.

I guess we'll get to finally see if Maywaether is really as good as he thinks he is.
              Mmm, well, Mosley looked Terrific against Margarito, and we now the latter had loaded Gloves (so that taints his victory over Cotto). Then again, Sugar Shane, who looked fantastic on his way up - I remember his crushing win over our Adrian Dodson - but has embroiled in accusations of 'roid use.

He's also now a bit older...so...I think I may veer toward PBF (cos he really doesn't like getting hit) and his elusiveness.

Just.

Comment

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/inde..._somethin.html

Mosley holds the World Boxing Association welterweight championship, but his title is not at stake because Mayweather deemed the sanctioning fee unacceptable. The fee usually equals three percent of each fighter's purse, although that is negotiable in big-purse events. Such a negotiation did take place but failed.

LOLOLOL

Comment

Why does the boxing world let Mayweather continue to dictate the terms of his own fights? It's like letting an errant child decide when he wants to have lunch, when to take his nap, and when to scream like the house is on fire.
                  Fight Film Friday
                  Watching violence on film, violently.
                  Click here to donate!

Comment

Originally posted by Conde Koma View Post
                    Why does the boxing world let Mayweather continue to dictate the terms of his own fights? It's like letting an errant child decide when he wants to have lunch, when to take his nap, and when to scream like the house is on fire.
                    He wouldn't be the first. Floyd Patterson v Pete Rademacher. World HW Champ against a high calibre amateur in his first professional fight....

Sugar Ray Leonard v Donnie Lalonde.

Both OUTRAGEOUS.

Both got away with it.

:5moped:
                    Last edited by Eddie Hardon; 4/22/2010 5:42am, . Reason: typos

Comment

Originally posted by BaronVonDingDong View Post
                      I like them both - great fighters but for different reasons. I wish Floyd would just shut up though. Why even make a come back if you're going to be so cagey about who you fight and when. Just take the fights already, or if you're so worried about your record, stay retired
                      ^^^This right here.

I hope it isn't Hopkins vs. Jones Jr or the recent Silva fight.

I want a fight like this:
                      Gotti vs Ward
                      or
                      Ayala vs Tapia.

I know with May's style it won't look like these but, if it is as exciting I'll be happy.

If you put butts in the seats, in most sports, you basically dictate the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                        If you put butts in the seats, in most sports, you basically dictate the rules.
                        I haven't seen MMA take this turn quite yet, I'm hoping I never do. DW seems to know when to drop the hammer when he needs to.

And PBF doesn't even really sell tickets. Isn't one of the biggest criticisms of him that he's a boring fighter?
                        Fight Film Friday
                        Watching violence on film, violently.
                        Click here to donate!

Comment

Originally posted by Conde Koma View Post
                          I haven't seen MMA take this turn quite yet, I'm hoping I never do. DW seems to know when to drop the hammer when he needs to.
                          Boxing has had decades, hell over a century, to get to this point bad comparison.

MMA hasn't turned the corner but, it has peeked around it a few times. Most of the big draw sports eventually succumb to the prima donna BS.

And PBF doesn't even really sell tickets. Isn't one of the biggest criticisms of him that he's a boring fighter?
                          I think you forgot to add anymore. He was a top draw even when he was hitting his boring streak. The anger and disillusionment with him and Pac-man shows you how much of a draw he can still be.

Comment

Can't wait to see Mayweather make Mosley look foolish.

Comment

Long time no see, T
                              Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
                              Luta Livre flees the fight,
                              Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
                              Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X