Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anderson tells GSP to man up and fight him at MW...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anderson tells GSP to man up and fight him at MW...

...otherwise he will just cut down and beat his ass there.

Well, sort of....

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-silva040710

Anderson Silva at 225 ?

(in an imaginary bout against Royce Gracie.)

Anderson Silva at 170 ?

I like him a more as he is now.
    Last edited by Monkfg; 4/08/2010 12:41pm, .

Comment

We already know he can bang at 205, and I imagine he'd do well at 170, but I think going up to HW might be pushing it.
      Fight Film Friday
      Watching violence on film, violently.
      Click here to donate!

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing GSP getting his ass kicked.. but I won't hold my breath
        "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Conde Koma View Post
          We already know he can bang at 205, and I imagine he'd do well at 170, but I think going up to HW might be pushing it.
          Agreed.

Comment

Why would heavyweight be pushing it? He's 6'2, he just has gain a ton of weight.

Comment

*ahem* catch weight *ahem*

Comment

Originally posted by Kentucky Fried Chokin View Post
                Why would heavyweight be pushing it? He's 6'2, he just has gain a ton of weight.
                Well that's a horrifyingly gross oversimplification. He kinda has to be able to use the weight, too.
                Soon-to-be BJJ sandbagger?

Comment

Whaddaya mean? He's just got to gain ~50lbs.

Comment

I said it in another thread and I will repeat it here. ASIDE from the ubergrandes of Lesner and Carwin, I think he could contend. Even at 225 I honestly think he could handle Mir. He is too good with his standup, and I think his ground game could negate Mirs. What other heavyweights could take his standing surgical dissection?

With his clich, bullseye hands and Bjj BB which we rarely get to see, I think he could run with the bulls.
                    I wish he and Machida were not so close. I dont think the Dragon would take the decision (thats giving him the benifit of the doubt that it would go).

As soon as Machida is dethroned, God help that guy if Mr. Silva isnt too busy on the otherside of the classes (170).

But I nuthug spidey so I am biased (since 2004 when he beat Jeremy Horn at Gladiator FC).

Comment

I think Silva could do well against the heavyweight strikers, the big wrestlers would be a problem though.

Comment

I would love to see him fight at 230. He's obviously very very skilled, but I think he's oversized for his division and his reach makes it just too easy for him. I think he's a natural LHW, but if he fought at a Fedor-esque HW weight and dominated, he might edge out Fedor for best legacy.
                        Last edited by maofas; 4/08/2010 10:33pm, .

Comment

I have always thought the awesomeness of mass that is Lesner/ Carwin would keep them necessarily outside of this fantasyline here. But you are on point Shelby with the fact that the (big) wrestle is the questionable thing here, as we rarely get to see him have to defend
                          it.
                          Not that he doesnt have a quiver of wins on some good grapple such as, HENDO, Marquardt, Lutter and Horn!

I dont think Gonzaga or Congo or Randy or anyone else could beat him at 200 pound much less 225. Lets remember, if there are are any kids here who didnt know, Lesner was an NCAA champion before he went deathmetal WWE!
                          And he is 260 pounds of only modestly trained gorilla.

I draw the line at him and Carwin.
                          AND Fedor too. Anderson has half the world, but lets not go too far. I think he has a few more years to catch up to Fedor.

Fedor is teh real Bruce Lee, with less kicking and in an armored truck sort of way.
                          He will piss in Lesners wheaties someday, Lordwilling.

This is a pinnacle, at least in my mind. Silva is sooo good we have to sit here and imagine a way to see him fight the King Kong of the whole circus!
                          We are compelled to dream of the guy who might stop him on paper. And then we know it is still a theoretical.

I respect BJ and GSP and their accomplishments (and Hughes, but he's a tool)
                          but I think Anderson is in a class by himself, the only one who compares to Couture, but Randy has achieved it thru longevity in and out at the top of his field.

Anderson has earned it in a shorter period due to his complete supremacy of his peers as well as credible longevity.

I would love to see him take over the King of the World of MMA from Fedor someday. I am not doubting its possibility, but I dont think Anderson is going to go on past these eight fights. Hope Im wrong.

Comment

A cut to 170 for Silva means dropping at least fifteen pounds of muscle - not water, muscle.

That said, I saw this tidbit on John Berardi's forums a little while ago:

However, I suspect a superfight between [GSP] and Anderson Silva in the next year. And should that happen, we'll bulk him up to a lean 210 lbs.
                            - Georges St-Pierre and Precision Nutrition - Precision Nutrition Member Zone
                            Originally posted by Emevas
                            Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Comment

a 200+ pound GSP is a scary thought...I still have trouble picturing him as a middleweight though.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X