Ben "Killa B" Saunders vs Jon Fitch - Switched fight
    Jim Miller vs Mark Bocek
    Nate Diaz vs Rory Markham
    Ricardo "Big Dog" Almeida vs Matt "The Immortal" Brown
    Kurt "Batman" Pellegrino vs Fabricio "Morango" Camoes
    Rodney "Shonuff The Master" Wallace vs Jared Hamman
    Rousimar "Toquinho" Palhares vs Tomasz "Gorilla" Drwal
    Matthew Riddle vs Ricardo "Golden Boy" Funch

Ricardo Almeida vs Matt Brown should be at 170, since Almeida noted that he would drop weight classes from 185. Jon Fitch rematches Thiago Alves since their last fight June 26, 2006 at UFC Fight Night 5 where Jon Fitch won by technical knock out in the second round.

Picks?

Edit: Ben "Killa B" Saunders vs Jake Ellenberger and Jon Fitch vs Thiago "Pit bull" Alves is no longer. The new matchup is Ben Saunders vs Jon Fitch. Looks like Ellenberger is left in the cold. Due to medical licensing issues Alves is off the card, a CAT scan reveal irregularities which could be due to an artery in his brain. We wish him the best and hope he is okay.
    Last edited by PizDoff; 3/25/2010 12:23pm, .

GSP should beat Hardy, he has been dominating since GSP v Serra the sequel. The rest I'm not sure on could go either way. Watch for the Fitch Alves fight. Thiago is out for revenge, Fitch is the only person to knock him out and he is coming off a loss to GSP.

Comment

If GSP loses this I'll be crushed.

I have Thiago over Fitch. Carwin-Mir should be interesting but I have no idea who will take it. Other then that, I really I have no idea.

Anybody going to this? I think I am, but I'm not 100 percent sure.

Comment

UFC is showing it live at movie theaters around the country. $25, but for a theater experience I think it might be worth it.

As much as I love Dan Hardy, I think GSP will probably take it. Then again, after the Cain-Nog upset, the only thing I'm sure of is that anything can happen.

I'm also gonna pick Mir over Carwin, simply because Mir has more experience and a wider array of tools. Carwin had size going for him before, but now that Mir's bulked up, I think that advantage has been lost.

Alves over Fitch, Thiago is an absolute monster.

Comment

This card has some dynamite in it.

Comment

I want hardy to win, but im pretty sure GSP will do yet more of his damn Canadian magic

Comment

I have a hardy for Hardy. I hope he wins (he's been training with Great Britain's Olympic wrestling team) but I think GSP will most likely take this one.

Comment

I'm going out on a limb here and gonna say Hardy is going to win this fight, and No i'm not insaine.

If GSP plays it safe (like he did against Alves) he can win this comfortably, however I've got a feeling he's gonna get sucked into a stand up battle and Hardy has some heavy hands and excellent kicks. I'm going for a shock first round knockout for the Brit. Hardy seems hungry, he's on a good unbeaten run and has alot to prove.

I really hope Carwin beats Mir.

Comment

Originally posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
                  I'm going out on a limb here and gonna say Hardy is going to win this fight, and No i'm not insaine.

If GSP plays it safe (like he did against Alves) he can win this comfortably, however I've got a feeling he's gonna get sucked into a stand up battle and Hardy has some heavy hands and excellent kicks. I'm going for a shock first round knockout for the Brit.
                  GSP has the best technical striking in the Welterweight division and probably in the entire UFC.

Comment

yeah but it ain all that powerful

Comment

Originally posted by MMAMickey View Post
                      yeah but it ain all that powerful
                      Technical striking of GSP's caliber does not have to be.

Comment

WTF man. Shouldn't Barry be on that card?! I want to see him work his way up to the bigger names pretty soon...

Anyway I'd guess GSP takes it. As for the Mir v Carwin, I just dont know enough about Carwin. What I have seen so far has been ok - mostly some heavy hands - but I havent seen his ground work and that's what really counts in the HW division right now. Not to discount his hand or to say that he cant/wont KO Mir, but I just dont know what he'll do with Mir on the ground. Plus while I kinda want to see Mir take Brock again, I'm also interested to see some fresh blood fight Brock to test his chin. I'm a mess with indecisiveness!

Comment

Originally posted by Kickapoo View Post
                          Technical striking of GSP's caliber does not have to be.
                          I'm not doubting he's gonna win. I just don't think people should hype his striking so much when his biggest threat is his wrestling.. He won't trade with Hardy, Greg Jackson is probably the best tactician around.

Comment

Hardy doesn't really have anything that GSP hasn't already faced and bulldozed through. Who else is even really left in the division that could be a worthwhile fight for him? I'd like to see Alves get another shot, but that's just because I have a mancrush on his leg kicks. I don't know how differently a rematch would go, but he was definitely wound up tight in the first one. If GSP smashes Hardy, then it's probably time to move up a weight class. Doesn't he cut a shit-ton of weight to make it to welter anyway?

Eager to see Carwin's ground game, since I doubt Mir will want to stand up with a guy who's as powerful as he is. That's up in the air, but if Carwin lands that cannonball he calls a right hand, Mir is going down like Carwin's paying him. I'm going with Carwin on this, Mir looks like he's forgetting there are other fighters in the HW division who aren't named Brock Lesnar.
                            Last edited by Neo Sigma; 2/24/2010 1:09pm, .

Comment

I hope GSP wins and whips out triple lutz to triple toe jump ice skater style and yell out CANADA CANADA. Then wear a fake olympic gold medal and yell OLYMPIC WRESTLING here I come

All in French Canadian English accent

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X