A New Look at Scoring MMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Look at Scoring MMA

So I have seen several threads and ideas bounce around about how the scoring in MMA needs to be changed, and up until now I never really saw anything that was quality...until now.

Here is a short PDF I pulled off another forum. What say you bullies?!

http://www.ibiny.com/files/altscoring.pdf

Now I will say there needs to be a bit of tweaking here, but I like the thought process behind this.
    Originally posted by OnceLost
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Originally posted by It is Fake
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

I like it! It gives points for submission attempts while at the same time discourages lay and pray tactics.
    安氏八极拳学生

Comment

This is like playing D&D.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirc View Post
        This is like playing D&D.
        Good selling point
        Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
        I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

Comment

I can't help the fact that I'm a lvl 4 Dwarf Ground Fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapruder View Post
            Good selling point
            As long as its not the 2nd edition.

Comment

Upon review these rules are pretty solid. I'm not sure I like the rule about no stalling in the clinch as it is a strategic move. Same with the takedown. If I can take a guy down I'm going to, but if it's BJ Penn I just grounded I'm sure as hell not going to try my Jits against his.

Comment

Originally posted by babo78 View Post
                As long as its not the 2nd edition.
                Blasphemer! You must be a troll, because only a troll would say something so inflammatory.

btw I like the rules. I think the penalty points don't necessarily fit all the infractions. For example, grabbing the cage while defending a takedown=5 pts. Grabbing the cage while clinching, but not actively pursuing a takedown, 2.5 points.

Comment

So how does this work? No ten point must just who has the most points at the end of the round wins?

I like those rules but I think instead of changing the scoring system they need to educate the judges and referees.

things like lay and pray should be stood up,
                  'couture leaning' without any attacks should be reset quicker,
                  takedowns that lead to nothing should not be taken into account unless nothing else happened
                  and the guard position (and accompanying submission and sweep attempts) should be scored if it nullifies the top guy's attack (Evans v Bisping comes to mind)

IMO
                  "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
                  Spoiler:

Comment

has anyone tried re-scoring past fights, particularly ones with controversial decisions, with this new scoring system to see if the scoring outcome would have been different?

probably my one criticism so far just looking at the scoring as is, would be the either/or approach to striking. Any strikes that aren't close to knocking out an opponent gets scored the same so that hard kicks to the leg or body are on the same level as pitty-pat jabs. Maybe a wider range to consider damage?

Comment

I think you missed my point.

By saying this is like D&D, I'm saying you retards are playing pretend. This will never happen.

Comment

wow, .5 points for a guard pull? sign me up!

Comment

a guard pull should not count for points. It is falling on your back and does not require skill to execute. that is all

Comment

Beorn: Charles Rubins says otherwise. He pulls guard aggressively as an attack and generally beats ass by doing so.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sirc View Post
                              I think you missed my point.

By saying this is like D&D, I'm saying you retards are playing pretend. This will never happen.
                              I think you missed MY point.

By saying that is a good selling point, I was saying PISS OFF!! As we all know, this will never happen.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X