X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Fedor just another foe in Roger's mind"

ADVERTISEMENT

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

This just might be my inexperience talking, but isn't it normal for fighter's to study their opponent's previous fights so that they can learn their strengths and weaknesses and change their own game accordingly? The only thing I can think of that would be worse than fighting Fedor is fighting Fedor blind. Rogers is so unbelievably screwed right now and he does not even know it.

Comment

Awkward use of the word gaudy 2x. The alcohol is bringing out the ex-English teacher in me and I really want to mark up my monitor with a red pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Arem View Post
        This just might be my inexperience talking, but isn't it normal for fighter's to study their opponent's previous fights so that they can learn their strengths and weaknesses and change their own game accordingly? The only thing I can think of that would be worse than fighting Fedor is fighting Fedor blind. Rogers is so unbelievably screwed right now and he does not even know it.
        Rogers isn't stupid. He's been looking at Fedor's fights regardless of what he tells the media. He's been training with the old school Chute Boxe Academy's striking coach, who has definitely been studying The Last Emperor.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/for...or-fedor-20030

Comment

This is just his way of letting everyone, including Fedor, know that the last emperor hasn't gotten into his head at all. Whether its true or not is another thing entirely.

Comment

If Rogers wins, there will be a few REALLY happy people amidst a sea of dropped jaws.

I can definitely see Rogers pushing Fedor a bit, as I've said, I don't think Fedor's faced anyone quite as strong or athletic. You know what they say about a puncher's chance...

Comment

Originally posted by johnevans View Post
              This is just his way of letting everyone, including Fedor, know that the last emperor hasn't gotten into his head at all. Whether its true or not is another thing entirely.

Mental mindsets.....I guess this will be a completely different Fedor preparation then we've seen....

Comment

So the question is . . . . did that reporter really buy all that? The writer essentially called Rogers a dopey idiot blundering through the MMA ranks.

Comment

Roger who?

Oh, it was apostrophe abuse. You mean "Rogers' mind".

I thought Fedor was going to fight Roger Huerta in some fucked-up freakshow DREAM event.

Comment

It would be much easier to just hit the red button Brett...........

Comment

You know what they say about a puncher's chance...
                      I've said it before, and I'll say it again- if the Randleman suplex couldn't put Fedor down, nothing short of beheading him will.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo Sigma View Post
                        I've said it before, and I'll say it again- if the Randleman suplex couldn't put Fedor down, nothing short of beheading him will.
                        It would put him down, but he could get off at least one knockout punch between being beheaded and actually going down.

Comment

Well, to be fair, Fedor's a Sambo and Judo champion, and if you look at the fall, he does protect his head pretty well (he impacts on the upper back more than the neck, but yeah, it would still hurt pretty bad). This, in combination with probably a LOT of conditioning to take massive falls, was what kept him safe from the Randleplex.

A better argument would be that if he can take Mirko's head kicks no problem, nothing short of the Highlander is gonna behead this guy.

Comment

The lumbering, headless corpse of Fedor Emelianenko by KO at 2:13 of the second round. . . . .

Comment

I don't recall him ever "taking" a head kick. He crashed through the only one I can recall that had any impact and got the takedown.

IIRC.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X