Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anderson Silva is a bad, bad man

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Anderson Silva is a bad, bad man

    With some bad, bad numbers.

    The MLB batting average is .266 right now, if Anderson was as far ahead in batting as he is in striking, he'd never bat below .450. That's beyond adjectives.

    #2
    God that man is scary.

    Comment


      #3
      I told you the machines were coming!

      Comment


        #4
        Awesome stats. Has Silva ever been cut? His face looks so smooth one wouldn't necessarily twig him as a fighter passing by on the street, although the fact that he's Anderson Silva would probably give it away.

        Comment


          #5
          I think it's amusing that statistically, that was one of his least accurate performances.

          Comment


            #6
            Silva is the man.

            Comment


              #7
              I wonder what the view is like.

              Comment


                #8
                That's what happens when you decide to take real professional boxing skills such footwork, defensive head movement, timing, reflexes etc against a man who punches like he's doing aerobics.

                Boxers do this shit all day. All Anderson did was cut out the "duck and weave below waist level" stuff so he has time to evade/ parry any knees/ takedown attempts.

                And while amateur boxers do a couple of slips mixed in with punches, the greats can go beyond slipping punches to protect themselves, and actually using it to demoralize opponents. See below:

















                YouTube - Roy Jones Jr Highlight

                YouTube - The Art of Defensive Boxing

                YouTube - Augustus Highlights

                YouTube - Prince Naseem Highlight

                YouTube - Nicolino Locche - The Untouchable!

                YouTube - THE BEST DEFENSIVE BOXERS OF ALL TIME !!!!

                YouTube - Muhammad Ali was hard to hit.
                Last edited by sweet pea; 8/12/2009 2:27pm, .

                Comment


                  #9
                  Nice compilation sweet pea.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Little Mac View Post
                    Nice compilation sweet pea.
                    Thanks.
                    And just to add, Anderson Silva has boxed professionally before, just not for long. His record is 1-1, winning one against a dude who had never boxed professionally before, and lost against a man with a 33-21 record. He just decided to keep up that aspect of his heritage in his MMA training instead of taking only a few jab jab cross lessons like most MMA strikers do. Watching Roy Jones Junior doesn't hurt either.


                    YouTube - Anderson 'Spider' Silva Boxing Match

                    He has gotten better since then.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by sweet pea View Post
                      That's what happens when you decide to take real professional boxing skills such footwork, defensive head movement, timing, reflexes etc against a man who punches like he's doing aerobics.

                      Boxers do this shit all day. All Anderson did was cut out the "duck and weave below waist level" stuff so he has time to evade/ parry any knees/ takedown attempts.

                      And while amateur boxers do a couple of slips mixed in with punches, the greats can go beyond slipping punches to protect themselves, and actually using it to demoralize opponents. See below:



                      YouTube - Muhammad Ali was hard to hit.
                      You only really needed that one. That man had crazy balance.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        never lead with an uppercut

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Hesperus View Post
                          With some bad, bad numbers.

                          The MLB batting average is .266 right now, if Anderson was as far ahead in batting as he is in striking, he'd never bat below .450. That's beyond adjectives.
                          Actually, according to fightmetric he batted .520 on Forrest's head
                          Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


                          KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

                          In De Janerio, in blackest night,
                          Luta Livre flees the fight,
                          Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
                          Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by War Wheel View Post
                            Actually, according to fightmetric he batted .520 on Forrest's head
                            29/52=266/45

                            Keep up.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by chof View Post
                              never lead with an uppercut
                              Indeed.

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X