No announcement yet.

Affliction: Trilogy CANCELLED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This blows, there were some undercard bouts I was looking forward too...Damn Barnett = DOUCHE...They should put him through a gauntlet of all the fighters that were supposed to appear on the card, lol. That would be Justice I would pay too see. Either that or they should show it for free instead of cancelling all together.

Comment

Fuck Barnett, this was gonna be my birthday...

Comment

Originally posted by Domite View Post
        Fuck Barnett, this was gonna be my birthday...
        Don't worry lil' buddy, you can cry if you want to, cryyyyy if you want to.

(You would cry too if it happened to youuuuu...)

Comment

Tis a real shame really :(

Comment

Affliction: Canned.

Comment

Originally posted by han090 View Post
              Still, this is undoubtedly the time they're most likely to sign him.
              I agree. And Joe, Lorenzo did say in a recent interview that they could work something out on the Sambo issue. So, they're at least able to give some on that.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Off View Post
                ...Even so, it doesn't come close to covering the suffering of the other fighters on the card that Barnett screwed.
                This.

Everyone else on that card trained his ass off for that card, and their paychecks. Barnett's testing took bread from their tables.

Comment

OK... call me stupid... but....

Couldn't they have just moved the entire Venue out of Country (say japan) and everyone just... I don't know..... fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Mtripp View Post
                    OK... call me stupid... but....

Couldn't they have just moved the entire Venue out of Country (say japan) and everyone just... I don't know..... fight?
                    I'm not in the fight promotion biz, but I could imagine that a last minute change to a venu out of the country which would include (but not limited to): securing the arena, getting visas for all the fighters, making travel arangements for all the fighters, refunding all the tickets for the american venu for people who already bought tickets but can't make it to Japan, could probably be too much for a fledgling organization that was already bleeding money from every orifice they have.

Comment

^^^

And flaunting an Athletic Commission's decision like that would probably kill their ability to ever hold an event again in the US outside of Indian reservations.

Furthermore the MMA craze in Japan has died down to a significant degree leaving promotions like DREAM and Sengoku struggling to draw crowds even with major Japanese stars fighting there.

It would be financial and promotional harakiri IMO. :)

Comment

Am I going to be recompensated for my tickets? I got ones 8 rows back as a birthday outting, and they were really expensive...

Comment

Originally posted by maxthegeek1 View Post
                          Am I going to be recompensated for my tickets? I got ones 8 rows back as a birthday outting, and they were really expensive...

You can probably get affliction to send you some fuggly Dragon Jeans

Comment

Recompensated? No, not if they compensated you once already, duh.

Comment

So now we get to continue hearing Barnett trump himself up as the 'One who would beat Fedor' without the risk of getting proven wrong, and without the risk of ever having to prove it.

All of this based on a single split decision victory over the guy Frank Mir knocked out, and an old juiced win over an old Couture.

Okay, that's unfair to Nog, who was the legit #2 or #3 Heavyweight on the planet at the time of the Barnett fight, but still. Barnett is a decent boxer and a good ground fighter, but nowhere near as good as the rankings he's been getting. Sadly, now we won't get to see that proven, and JB will be able to go merrily along beating up second tier fighters.

Comment

Good news, the Babalu-Mousasi fight has been moved to Strikeforce. (source: Bloodyelbow). I'm pretty happy about that, since I was really looking forward to that fight.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X