Andrew "Test" Martin, Dead at 33

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrew "Test" Martin, Dead at 33

If this isn't the right place, move it please.

"TEST" from the old WWF is dead at 33.

No more news at this time. Found dead in his apartment.

Any idea how many wrestlers have died before 40? Hell, 35....

Roids is bad son... that and money usually turns people on to doing stupid shit so who knows what it could've been :/

Comment

The list below only includes wrestlers that have appeared on national TV and were stars. Imagine if this many baseball players died at such an early age. There would be congressional hearings. Yet because it is wrestlers, no one cares. In an effort to stop this problem, the WWE has instituted a wellness program that monitors wrestlers for drug usage and cardiovascular issues.

Famous Wrestlers That Have Died Since 1985 Before the Age of 65 (please read this FAQ before making any assumptions or writing me any emails about this list)
      Chris Von Erich - 21
      Mike Von Erich - 23
      Louie Spiccoli - 27
      Art Barr - 28
      Gino Hernandez - 29
      Jay Youngblood - 30
      Rick McGraw - 30
      Joey Marella - 30
      Ed Gatner - 31
      Buzz Sawyer - 32
      Crash Holly - 32
      Kerry Von Erich - 33
      D.J. Peterson - 33
      Eddie Gilbert - 33
      The Renegade - 33
      Chris Candido - 33
      Test - 33
      Adrian Adonis - 34
      Gary Albright - 34
      Bobby Duncum Jr. - 34
      Owen Hart - 34
      Yokozuna - 34
      Big Dick Dudley - 34
      Brian Pillman - 35
      Marianna Komlos - 35
      Pitbull #2 - 36
      The Wall/Malice - 36
      Emory Hale - 36
      Leroy Brown - 38
      Mark Curtis - 38
      Eddie Guerrero - 38
      John Kronus - 38
      Davey Boy Smith - 39
      Johnny Grunge - 39
      Vivian Vachon - 40
      Jeep Swenson - 40
      Brady Boone - 40
      Terry Gordy - 40
      Bertha Faye - 40
      Billy Joe Travis - 40
      Chris Benoit - 40
      Larry Cameron - 41
      Rick Rude - 41
      Randy Anderson - 41
      Bruiser Brody - 42
      Miss Elizabeth - 42
      Big Boss Man - 42
      Earthquake - 42
      Mike Awesome - 42
      Biff Wellington - 42
      Brian Adams (Crush) - 43
      Ray Candy - 43
      Nancy Benoit (Woman) - 43
      Dino Bravo - 44
      Curt Hennig - 44
      Bam Bam Bigelow - 45
      Jerry Blackwell - 45
      Junkyard Dog - 45
      Hercules - 45
      Andre the Giant - 46
      Big John Studd - 46
      Chris Adams - 46
      Mike Davis - 46
      Hawk - 46
      Cousin Junior - 48
      Dick Murdoch - 49
      Jumbo Tsuruta - 49
      Rocco Rock - 49
      Sherri Martel - 49
      Moondog Spot - 51
      Ken Timbs - 53
      Uncle Elmer - 54
      Pez Whatley - 54
      The Angel of Death - 54
      Eddie Graham - 55
      Tarzan Tyler - 55
      Haystacks Calhoun- 55
      Giant Haystacks - 55
      The Spoiler - 56
      Kurt Von Hess - 56
      Moondog King - 56
      Gene Anderson - 58
      Dr. Jerry Graham - 58
      Bulldog Brown - 58
      Tony Parisi - 58
      Rufus R. Jones - 60
      Ray Stevens - 60
      Stan Stasiak - 60
      Terry Garvin - 60
      Boris Malenko - 61
      Little Beaver - 61
      Sapphire - 61
      Shohei Baba - 61
      Dick the Bruiser - 62
      Wilbur Snyder - 62
      George Cannon - 62
      Karl Krupp - 62
      Dale Lewis - 62
      Gorilla Monsoon - 62
      Hiro Matsuda - 62
      Bad News Brown - 63
      Bulldog Brower - 63
      SD Jones - 63
      Wahoo McDaniel - 63

(Sources include: Pro Wrestling Illustrated Almanac, Obsessed with Wrestling.com, & Wrestling Information Archive)

From here : http://prowrestling.about.com/od/wha...lersdeaths.htm

Comment

Holy shit, I just tried wiking the Von Erich family.

"Patriarch Fritz lived until his natural death, but 4 of his sons died before him within a 9-year span (as well as his eldest son who was electrocuted as a child). David died in 1984 under circumstances that were disputed for years, while Michael, Kerry, and Chris all committed suicide in subsequent years. Kevin Von Erich is the sole survivor of the Von Erich sons."

Fritz Von Erich must have committed some horrible sin against God to see four out of five sons die before him. That's just fucked up.

Comment

Man... and people worry about mma????

This is one of the few times I think there might be a need for hearings.....

Comment

I always did but fuck, that list puts it in perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Squerlli View Post
              Roids is bad son...
              Citation that the death was steroids-related, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawarma View Post
                Holy shit, I just tried wiking the Von Erich family.

"Patriarch Fritz lived until his natural death, but 4 of his sons died before him within a 9-year span (as well as his eldest son who was electrocuted as a child). David died in 1984 under circumstances that were disputed for years, while Michael, Kerry, and Chris all committed suicide in subsequent years. Kevin Von Erich is the sole survivor of the Von Erich sons."

Fritz Von Erich must have committed some horrible sin against God to see four out of five sons die before him. That's just fucked up.
                I looked up this stuff on wiki as well. It's just sad, fucked up, and tragic - pretty much every one of his sons used drugs at some point. As a side note, eading this reminds me of The Wrestler. Apparently, the movie was screened in front of pro wrestlers and many of them broke into tears when watching it. I don't remember what source, though.

Comment

The number of pro wrestlers dead before the age of 65 is ridiculous. It's a shame to hear about Test. However, at the rate wrestlers are dying now, I'm wondering who'll be next. I'm expecting another death before the year ends.

Comment

That's one fucked up profession. I hate the pointlessness of it all. I wonder if stuntmen have a statistic like that, since pro wrasslin is live stuntmanship...

Comment

DAMN! That is sad we used to shop at the same comic store in Tampa. I met Christian (Jason Reso) at the same shop too.

Sadly I also met Jake the Snake too when I cousin was selling him some blow.
                      ______
                      Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                      -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                      The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                      -Daniel Tosh

Comment

Originally posted by Gezere View Post
                        DAMN! That is sad we used to shop at the same comic store in Tampa. I met Christian (Jason Reso) at the same shop too.

Sadly I also met Jake the Snake too when I cousin was selling him some blow.
                        Who was selling the blow, you or your cousin?

Comment

That should say MY not I. So it was my cousin, who is currently in jail for the same thing.
                          ______
                          Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                          -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                          The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                          -Daniel Tosh

Comment

There is nothing quite like the combination of youth, fast-living, steroids, and money to end an existence.

You take a young guy, give him giant muscles, huge pay, and maybe some extra testosterone, and this is what happens.

He was released from the WWF/WCW/WWE in 2006 because he failed a drug test, and was a known liability according to people in the business. I'm not even sure what that means...

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/sp...ound_dead.html

They don't say what drugs caused him to fail, but the prevailing wisdom says 'roids. He lived fast, played hard, and died young. He still had a better run than a lot of people, but it would have been nice to see him in action a little longer.

RIP

Comment

It should be noted that prowrestling is INSANELY hard on your body, harder than pretty much any sport you'd care to mention. Your fucking day job is to get slammed into the ground by huge beefy men and do insane hi-flying stunts and prowrestlers put on shows more often than MMA fighters. Small wonder painkillers, booze and steroids are so commonplace. You pretty much need them to cope.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X