• Show
Clear All

• The Question
    replied
    Forking oresom.

Leave a comment:

• DKJr
    replied
    Nice, I was bullied in elementary school till I assault.... bludgeoned.......... tested the durability of a lunch tray over my bullies head. But now I'm a normaly healthy individual who chokes people on a regular basis to mask the fact my daddy left.....WHY??????????..... (ok so only the choking and elementary bullying are true.)

Leave a comment:

• Petter
    replied
    Originally posted by kungfu2u View Post
    This is a point in favor of TMA, i.e. the values of honor, discipline, and respect for self and others, as well as an overall code of peace through strength; I often worry that MMA and Bullshido goes too far with its avante-garde irreverence for TMA's good philosophy, as well as its crappy technique. THAT'S what gives MMA a bad name, i.e. the anti-social mentality of fighting everyone and everything.
    effectiveare making a positive claim that TMA training leads to improved character and MMA training does not, can you back this up with a single shred of evidence? That is, find credible sources of statistics measuring some sociological data (e.g. crime rates or standardised psychological measurements), corrected for selection bias (e.g. if twice as many MMA-ers are thugs, but twice as many thuggish people choose to start

I see MMA more as a scientific test, but most of the guys on that UFC program look like real head-cases.
    any

Leave a comment:

• 3moose1
    replied
    Seriously, i'd fight a low-mid level pro fighter for 10g.

I mean, it'd have to be a guaranteed 10g, win or lose,

but then again, i'm not a stupid bully ;)

Leave a comment:

• Beorn
    replied
    I hated/hate bullies. I am more than willing to re-arrange bullies faces here on campus, problem is they seem reticent to fight me without their whole posse. That makes me wonder why they would be willing to fight a professional fighter. I guess the hope of 10,000 dollars is a huge motivator.

the problem with this show is I googled it, and found a bunch of casting calls for "bullies". I think this is going to end up a great deal like springer or maury, with semi real stories and participants told to ham it up for tv. That being said I'll still watch

Leave a comment:

• Vorpal
    replied
    High concept. I hate goddamn bullies, probably the number one reason I got into LE. I'm DVRing the shit outta that show. I may even have my kids watch it.

Leave a comment:

• 3moose1
    replied
    I don't get bullied much, i just wanted to be able to kick ass.

this show looks awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Phillips
    replied
    The late 80's was about the last time MTV had music on it.

Leave a comment:

• snowman
    replied
    Looks like a fun show

Leave a comment:

• Little Lamb
    replied
    The show looks fun, but it's on MTV. I haven't watched MTV since the late 80s. How does this show end up on MTV? What happened to music videos? Will I have to sit through 20 minutes of zit cream ads?

I wasn't bullied in high school because I was the biggest, strongest guy in my high school. But as a nerd-jock hybrid, many of my best friends were chicken necked jokers whose sharp tongues often got them into hot water. I put out a bunch of fires for them, but it rarely came to fighting. OK, so I dented a few lockers...

Leave a comment:

• Matt Phillips
    replied
    I think every thing about this show looks absolutely perfect, except the bullies should have to get in the cage with Bas. No one hates bullies more than Bas.

Leave a comment:

• Omega Supreme
    replied
    Originally posted by Siniq View Post
    Am I the only one that didn't get into MA because he was bullied?
    Who said I got into martial arts because I got bullied? I was already in martial arts when I was being bullied. I didn't fight back because my dad told me he'd pull me out if I started fights.

Leave a comment:

• heelhook
    replied
    Am I detecting a trend? I got picked on in high school as well. Nothing is better than running into former douchebags and being like... I fight in a cage now and teach other people to do it as well. Why yes I remember every time you called me a name or shoved me. Yeah that's right... Cool. Come by for a free class and try it out =)

Leave a comment:

• Hooded Justice
    replied
    Originally posted by kungfu2u View Post
    It's not off-topic. Again, if the MA isn't teaching good values, it's teaching bad ones, encouraging and empowering bullies through silence, and giving the message that violence is ok.

I agree that it would be better to train the victims. But the best justice, would be in court. It's tempting to see the bullies get their own medicine, but it's never for the best.

Its not the job of martial arts to teach values. Its the job of martial arts to teach proper fighting technique and method. Its when they decide to focus more on "cultivating the person" instead of cultivating the fighter that the martial aspect is lost and you only have art.

As for the courts being the best justice...I haven't laughed like that since I was a school girl. Justice is about balance. Courts are about laws which rarely ever coincide with balance. True justice will be had the instant the first strike lands on their face and they realize that they fucked up.

Leave a comment:

• kungfu2u
    replied
    Originally posted by Deadmeat View Post
    I respectfully disagree. I don't think it's fair to blame someone's lack of character on their chosen martial art. It's a personal failing.

Anyway, this is off topic, so I'll leave that discussion for another time.
    It's not off-topic. Again, if the MA isn't teaching good values, it's teaching bad ones, encouraging and empowering bullies through silence, and giving the message that violence is ok.

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Originally posted by Hooded Justice View Post
    On topic: This show has potential. To second an earlier statement it would be cooler if they were able to do some sort of accelerated training to get the bullied to fight for themselves. Its nice to see bullies get bullied. Justice is sweet sometimes.
    I agree that it would be better to train the victims. But the best justice, would be in court. It's tempting to see the bullies get their own medicine, but it's never for the best.
    Last edited by kungfu2u; 3/11/2009 6:48pm, .

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X