No announcement yet.

Mayhem Miller on Bully BEATDOWN!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be rather unfortunate for the bullied guys if the bully happened to win their fight. They would have just effectively turned bullying into a money-making deal. I hope this show ends up as good as it sounds it should be. Probably the best premise for a reality show that I've seen so far.

Comment

Originally posted by zlarin View Post
      It would be rather unfortunate for the bullied guys if the bully happened to win their fight. They would have just effectively turned bullying into a money-making deal. I hope this show ends up as good as it sounds it should be. Probably the best premise for a reality show that I've seen so far.

Imagine if they fail to check the bully out correctly and they show up with the camera and who do we see....

Anderson Silva.

not that I'm implying he's a bully, but imagine something like that happening - lol

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by UpaLumpa View Post
          No one believes you.

Your mother is a fine, upstanding member of society.

Comment

What the hell happened to the video I posted and why cant I edit it to fix it....

Comment

Originally posted by Zapruder View Post
              What the hell happened to the video I posted and why cant I edit it to fix it....
              There was discussion in the support forum of adding an edit time limit.

Maybe a Moderator can fix your post?

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded Justice View Post
                Its not the job of martial arts to teach values. Its the job of martial arts to teach proper fighting technique and method. Its when they decide to focus more on "cultivating the person" instead of cultivating the fighter that the martial aspect is lost and you only have art.

As for the courts being the best justice...I haven't laughed like that since I was a school girl. Justice is about balance. Courts are about laws which rarely ever coincide with balance. True justice will be had the instant the first strike lands on their face and they realize that they fucked up.
                No, THAT'S fucked up. Self-defense against an emergency situation is one thing, but this is outright instigation and taking the law into their own hands. You're confusing frontier justice, with CIVIL justice.

And it IS the job of a teacher to instill values, since again, not teaching values, is teaching NO values. Axiology isn't about hatchet-fighting.

---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 AM ----------

The only reason schools care now, is because kids have finally had enough and started going Colombine.

Comment

Originally posted by kungfu2u View Post
                  The only reason schools care now, is because kids have finally had enough and started going Colombine.
                  You have to be one of the biggest idiots next to Happeh. Now get the fuck out of my thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Teh El Macho View Post
                    So there is no honor in beating the shit out of an adult, antisocial arrogant bully, forcing him to swallow a bitter dose of humility discipline, making them feel what their victims felt, and giving their victims some sense of satisfaction?

From what planet are you from?
                    Earth, where self-indulgent revenge never works out quite like on fantasy-planets.

MMA will get the bad name regardless, from people who do not understand it as well as sore so-called TMAers who can't really cut it. It doesn't really matter what they think. This will be like caring if a retard call you names.
                    They understand it fine, if it condones instigating violence instead of self-defense.
                    MMA is good because it's a means to and end of better self-defense, not because violence is cool.

You live in a fucking fantasy that TMAs live in a code of honor or peace.
                    Those are YOUR words. I also said they're often hypocritical. I said that TEACHING a code of honor and peace, was a point in their favor.
                    And finally, I posted a video-example.

think it was Osiris who said that it takes a special type of asshole to brag about humility and respect. I would add delusional and clueless to that description.
                    It ain't braggin' if you can do it; and you can add delusional and clueless to THAT description too.
                    Last edited by kungfu2u; 3/12/2009 9:38pm, .

Comment

It ain't braggin' if you can do it; and you can add delusional and clueless to THAT description too.
                      Yes it is bragging (please consult a dictionary), but I do agree to add delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by Petter View Post
                        effective
                        Well they ARE effective against somebody with none, which is why bullies often like to study TMA, or at least the movies that glorify it.

We like evidence here on Bullshido. If you are making a positive claim that TMA training leads to improved character and MMA training does not, can you back this up with a single shred of evidence?
                        The simple fact that no TMA school would condone seeking out instigating fights for revenge, when it's not even his fight. It would completely undermine everything they claim to stand for.

any
                        It's about the message regarding the values it stands for, i.e. self-defense vs. psychosis.

NOW you're getting it, i.e. it's tempting on a visceral level, but then it goes against the entire principle of self-defense vs. violence against someone weaker, which is what bullying is all about.
                        Here they are, deliberately baiting someone into an unequal fight, while claiming to condemn that very same thing. But it's ok, they say, because they're doing it as PAYBACK.
                        Doesn't add up!

Comment

I said that TEACHING a code of honor and peace, was a point in their favor.
                          I recall asking you to provide some ignore it and hide from the argument.]

Again, claiming

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

The simple fact that no TMA school would condone seeking out instigating fights for revenge, when it's not even his fight. It would completely undermine everything they claim to stand for.
                          There are several problems with this assertion:
                          1. wouldenters a given school to account for.)

Comment

Originally posted by Petter View Post
                            I recall asking you to provide some evidence that this actually does any good. I notice that you did not deign to reply. Care to do so now?
                            Do you really need "evidence" to figure out that self-defense is about controlling yourself, not others?

Comment

Do you really need "evidence" to figure out that self-defense is about controlling yourself, not others?
                              self-defence, n. A skillset and behaviour intended to protect the practitioner from physical harm, including such areas as: avoiding dangerous areas and situations, conflict avoidance, defusing loaded situations with diplomacy, and meeting violence with sufficient violence to avoid serious injury.

Comment

Now this is just plain silly. Are you suggesting that when some drunken frat-boy thug in an off-campus pub throws a meaty fist in my general direction, the real enemy in this situation isn't said frat-boy, but myself?

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

On another note, what is UP with all the revenge-fantasy-driven ex-bully victims coming out of the woodwork and getting off on the very premise of this show?

Spoiler:
                                "Oh Jesus, oh fuck yeah this show is gonna be fuckin' awesome! This is gonna be hella tight. Yeah, yeah, that's right Mayhem, you show that bully! That's right, you show that goddamn bully! Punish him... punish the fuck out of that bully. Oh yeah, retribution... uggh, uhhhhh, oh yes, oh yes... yeah, it feels so good to finally see these bullies get what's coming to them! Feels so fuckin' good! That's it Mayhem, spray their goddamn faces with hot liquid justice!! Awwwwwwww fuuuuuuuuuuck yeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhh!"

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X