Mayhem Miller on Bully BEATDOWN!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kungfu2u View Post
    This is a point in favor of TMA, i.e. the values of honor, discipline, and respect for self and others, as well as an overall code of peace through strength; I often worry that MMA and Bullshido goes too far with its avante-garde irreverence for TMA's good philosophy, as well as its crappy technique. THAT'S what gives MMA a bad name, i.e. the anti-social mentality of fighting everyone and everything.
    I see MMA more as a scientific test, but most of the guys on that UFC program look like real head-cases.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

It's probably mandatory to avoid lawsuits. They probably don't wanna wear it, bullies typically have delusions of grandeur. It's fun to see them hit reality.
    So there is no honor in beating the shit out of an adult, antisocial arrogant bully, forcing him to swallow a bitter dose of humility discipline, making them feel what their victims felt, and giving their victims some sense of satisfaction?

From what planet are you from?

MMA will get the bad name regardless, from people who do not understand it as well as sore so-called TMAers who can't really cut it. It doesn't really matter what they think. This will be like caring if a retard call you names.

You live in a fucking fantasy that TMAs live in a code of honor or peace. For fucks sake, look at the history of the countries from where most so-called TMAs come from, Japan and China. Peace and honor and civility my ass. Your notion of what TMA stands for is just a novelty, a recent invention that has nothing to do with the historical context in which whatever art you do evolved.

I think it was Osiris who said that it takes a special type of asshole to brag about humility and respect. I would add delusional and clueless to that description.[COLOR="Silver"]

Comment

Originally posted by Escrimator View Post
      when people say they want "honor and respect" they mean they want someone to kiss their ass and treat them like theyre worth something in the dojo\school to forget the miserable pile of failure they are outside of it.

I've agreed with most of what you said, but this one stuck out the most to me. I decided to leave my previous school for this reason.
      I was helping out the instructors with a summer camp program they were doing. Well, one student in particular was known for an attitude and I was asked to supervise him. As it turns out, he was constantly being bullied by another student (a student that did have better technique than a majority of the kids, so it lead to feelings of superiority for him).
      I mentioned this to the head instructor, stating that we should be more observent of bullies behavior.
      So, the day continues on, where I had to pull the kid being bullied aside and give him a pep talk. Gave him the whole speech about bullies and their insecurities, and help train him with his techniques. Give a bit more polish to them.
      Half hour later, he verbally stands up for himself against the bully after feeling like he was being singled out by said bully. So, the instructor in response to this, states for the one being bullied to take a seat.
      Now, this wasn't so much of a problem until he had all the other kids together and told them to pay absolutely no attention to the one being bullied. Stating that "he's not a team player," "He'll never learn," "Just don't hang out with him."
      I was upset by this. Here I was trying to help the kid out. Cheer him up and teach him. Then the head instructor comes along and tells everyone to alienate the poor guy.
      I pulled him aside, a bit more upset than I should have been (Kid reminded me of myself when I was younger) and had asked the instructor "What the hell do you think you're doing? You can't alienate him like that. It gives a very poor message to the others as well as just adds insult to injury for the kid."
      To which he responded that he was the head instructor. What he says goes. That I had no right to question. Then asked me to leave a once, he didn't want to deal with me at the moment.
      I come back for a few more classes and he tries to apologize through his lackeys. I was indifferent, said "Sure, whatever." A little while afterwards, and I just left all together.

Comment

As a small kid who took no shit from bullies; I was in a fight with the class bully every other year. You are much better off fighting your own fights. Some of the bullys I fought with even when I lost became really good friends with me. They have broken systems of respect. Getting beyond the barriers they create is a lot more rewarding than having some dude with no emotional investment in the situation take care of business for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded Justice View Post
          There is a nice saying that goes "You can't polish a turd." If someone is going to be a jackass bully, no ammount of traditional values taught via martial arts is going to help correct that problem. Notice the large amount of "TMA"'ers who continually act like richeous idiots whenever their views are challenged.
          Good post and all, but mythbusters showed you CAN polish a turd.

Just sayin'.

Edit:

Also, did I hear that right? They give the bullied 10k if the bully loses? I'll go halvsies with someone if you'll pretend to be my bully. Guaranteed 5k either way! (The safety word is "alabama".)
          Last edited by MrBadGuy; 3/12/2009 7:28am, .

Comment

Show will probably be pretty good, for a while. I like the premise.

Are not bullies just another one of those life challenges you have to learn to deal with? No matter where you go, there are going to be bullies. You can either adapt and overcome or roll up in a ball and cry about it. We as a people are increasingly demonizing challenges in our lives and coddling, not only our kids, but ourselves, trying to be safe and comfortable. What does that get us? Well we're fat and lazy, and while we pule and whine about it, we do whatever our authorities tell us to do.... Shameful

I'm not saying it's right to bully, but I am saying it is something that might make us make choices that will improve ourselves, such as taking martial arts, or employing body-guards. Guys gotta eat. Without challenges and work, we're useless.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBadGuy View Post
              Also, did I hear that right? They give the bullied 10k if the bully loses? I'll go halvsies with someone if you'll pretend to be my bully. Guaranteed 5k either way! (The safety word is "alabama".)
              They only had open auditions for the bullies. I think you'd need to join the SAG first for your plan to work. Even then there's the chance you'd get partnered up with a different "bully" to the one you had the agreement to go halvsies with.

Comment

Originally posted by 3moose1 View Post
                I don't get bullied much
                No one believes you.

Comment

Demon Eyes;

All too familiar with bullshit dojo politics, i do come from the Chun,so yeah i kind of know what you mean. Some people are desperatly enamored with the notion of authority that rank gives , that they have failed to attain in real life.

I especially hated when someone feels compelled to lecture me in detail about how i should live my life.

The Sports crowd i know on the other hand,may be formally coarse,but are substantially less full of shit.

Comment

Now I feel really bad for being mean to people.

Comment

Only a matter of time until Ashida Kim sics Mayhem on Phrost, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteShark View Post
                        As a small kid who took no shit from bullies; I was in a fight with the class bully every other year. You are much better off fighting your own fights. Some of the bullys I fought with even when I lost became really good friends with me. They have broken systems of respect. Getting beyond the barriers they create is a lot more rewarding than having some dude with no emotional investment in the situation take care of business for you.
                        Oh absolutely, this is absolutely true. I went through a lot of bullying and after a while, when I (and if) fought back, bullies ended up respecting me. It is a twisted way of thinking. But that's the thing, not everyone thinks or operates the same way. Some people (a lot of people) just don't have it in them to fight back or to even contemplate to fight back (just as there are people who would never understand why combat sports fighters enjoy what they do.)

I think this show is excellent - whether the victim or a third party ditch some knuckle justice on an antisocial, bullying fucktard who thinks he's Conan or Rambo, seeing them crack and be forced to apologize, that will make me feel all warm and cozy inside, in a fuck-yeah!! kinda of way.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Originally posted by kungfu2u View Post
                        What, they went crying to their "big brother?" Wow, what a victory.
                        What would be the honorable thing for them to do then? Specially if confronted with a size disadvantage and not having in them the will to fight back (which is a completely normal form of human behavior)?

Pray tell. Enlighten us.

Comment

http://www.mmafighting.com/news/2009...s-new-mtv-show

It seems MTV is trowing money at another dumbass idea of a show, but wait a minute...this actually looks fun.

Get one bully victim, add the bully and mix with a mma fighter and you get "Mayhem"...Jason "Mayhem" Miller that is (this was so lame).

It seems you get to see your favorite bully putting his money where his mouth is and step on the cage to get a taste of his own medicine and in the process you get some money if he gets his ass kicked...or he gets the money if he somehow survives. Hum...maybe I should start something like this but with corporate bosses and managers!

Comment

Already posted http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=82263&page=7

but yeah I think it should be an interesting show. I have my doubts baou tit's authenticity - it does seem a little too scripted, but it should nonetheless be worth checking out.

Comment

Damn...I fail at "search Noob"!

Comment

Had some problems with racial bullying until my grandmother threatened to kick my ass if I arrived at my house one more time with a busted lip and a ripped shirt, since I was more afraid of my powerful african woman of a granny then I was of them...I just kicked their asses and proceeded to do the same everytime that happened, for a couple more years.
                                Never got suspended(honor student and stuff), but portuguese schools were way more laidback back then.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X