No announcement yet.

Mayhem Miller on Bully BEATDOWN!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got bullied as a kid. It took my brother to finally convince me to let loose on them.

Comment

This is pretty cool, I was worried it was gonna be some Seagal-type shit.
      However bullying is a serious problem that goes way beyond thugs, it's a predatory mentality that doesn't go away.
      Last edited by kungfu2u; 3/11/2009 4:23pm, .

Comment

I never got bullied (thankfully), but I did see a lot of it.

I can't stand people who try to make themselves feel good at other people's expense.

Honestly, I've never been a huge fan of Mayhem, but I think this will be worth watching, if only to support the idea of the show.

I wonder if any of the bullies ever win, and whether any of the victims take up MMA themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadmeat View Post
          I never got bullied (thankfully), but I did see a lot of it.

I can't stand people who try to make themselves feel good at other people's expense.

Honestly, I've never been a huge fan of Mayhem, but I think this will be worth watching, if only to support the idea of the show.

I wonder if any of the bullies ever win, and whether any of the victims take up MMA themselves.
          I doubt it. Bullies are sick people, I'm pretty sure this will just make it worse.
          Whatever happened to "defense only?" This guy's going around looking for fights.

Comment

yeah i got bullied too in highschool.
            maybe it was my awesome hair or my hip glasses, they were jealous ofcourse.
            then i broke a guys ribs with an elbow strike and had to look for another school.
            It taught me life's unfair and to be smarter.
            My dad was furious!
            Good times.

Looks like an awesome show, i hope it will air over here too!

Comment

Originally posted by kungfu2u View Post
              I doubt it. Bullies are sick people, I'm pretty sure this will just make it worse.
              Whatever happened to "defense only?" This guy's going around looking for fights.
              Fair point. I suppose the "fight fire with fire" philosophy being employed isn't exactly in sync with traditional values.

Comment

they shouldn't allow the bullies to wear headgear.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadmeat View Post
                  Fair point. I suppose the "fight fire with fire" philosophy being employed isn't exactly in sync with traditional values.
                  This is a point in favor of TMA, i.e. the values of honor, discipline, and respect for self and others, as well as an overall code of peace through strength; I often worry that MMA and Bullshido goes too far with its avante-garde irreverence for TMA's good philosophy, as well as its crappy technique. THAT'S what gives MMA a bad name, i.e. the anti-social mentality of fighting everyone and everything.
                  I see MMA more as a scientific test, but most of the guys on that UFC program look like real head-cases.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                  they shouldn't allow the bullies to wear headgear.
                  It's probably mandatory to avoid lawsuits. They probably don't wanna wear it, bullies typically have delusions of grandeur. It's fun to see them hit reality.
                  Last edited by kungfu2u; 3/11/2009 4:55pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by kungfu2u View Post
                    This is a point in favor of TMA, i.e. the values of honor, discipline, and respect for self and others, as well as an overall code of peace through strength; I often worry that MMA and Bullshido goes too far with its avante-garde irreverence for TMA's good philosophy, as well as its crappy technique. THAT'S what gives MMA a bad name, i.e. the anti-social mentality of fighting everyone and everything.
                    I see MMA more as a scientific test, but most of the guys on that UFC program look like real head-cases.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

It's probably mandatory to avoid lawsuits. They probably don't wanna wear it, bullies typically have delusions of grandeur. It's fun to see them hit reality.
                    Leave

Comment

Am I the only one that didn't get into MA because he was bullied?

Comment

Originally posted by Siniq View Post
                        Well it's a good reason, don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Siniq View Post
                          I got in it to hone my bullying skills...

Comment

Originally posted by Zapruder View Post
                            I got in it to hone my bullying skills...
                            Your dog just e-mailed Mayhem Miller.

Comment

You do realise that "those guys on that UFC program" aren't necessarily representative of the MMA community. There are a lot of "traditional martial artists" (a misnomer, but I'll leave that be for now) who now train in MMA, and hold dear traditional values.

It's not your martial art that dictates your values, it's your own values that dictate how your portray your martial art. Unfortunately, as the sport grows in popularity, and becomes fashionable, it attracts an increasing number of poseurs, who misrepresent MMA.

MMA is not this:
                              YouTube - Get in my Guard

Comment

At first I thought this was going to be some kind of cheesy and shameless low-budget show, but when I saw "Mark Burnett Productions" at the beginning of that trailer, I knew I was in for cheesy and shameless high-budget shenanigans. Mayhem Miller + Burnett = Happy Fun Time, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm looking forward to the first episode.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X