X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hari v. Bonjasky: K1 HW GP

Don't know if any one has watched this but:
    Spoiler:
    Remy was winning the fight but in the second slips/gets knocked down or something. Hari throws a hard punch to his head on the ground and then stomps his head, hard. Hari is subsequently DQ'ed. Fucking crazy.

I just watched it. It's been a while since I've followed K-1 and I forgot how great the high level kickboxing there can be.

But what the fuck was that guy thinking?

Comment

Wow that was so in tune with the holiday vibe .
      Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 12/06/2008 3:50pm, .
      I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
      BILL HICKS,
      1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
      ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

I was hoping that Aerts would take this one.:(

Comment

Spoiler:
          It is questionable whether or not Remy was really that hurt. Only the stomp landed clean, and the ref was pushing Hari backwards when he did it. I thought Remy would've been able to continue after the 5 minutes he was allowed, but Badr is still an unbelievable dick for doing it.

The rest of the tournament fights were unbelievably good though.

Comment

This guy will probably become the next Gilbert Ivel or Yoshihiro Akiyama for the Kickboxing folks.

Comment

Originally posted by datdamnmachine
              This guy will probably become the next Gilbert Ivel or Yoshihiro Akiyama for the Kickboxing folks.
              He's pretty much already there. He's known as K1's "bad boy," and according to the play-by-play man, the Japanese call him "Devil Prince." Which is a pretty cool nickname, but still.

Comment

G-Off.
                A lot of people are saying that. But he took a punch which bounced his head off the floor and then a stomp. That's two illegal (and potential fight ending) strikes and I read somewhere that how Bonjasky ended up on the ground was illegal too. Hari should have been automatically DQ'ed for the sum of the two clearly illegal actions, let alone a third. Remy was winning the fight and Hari is a worthless scumbag (at least as an athlete).

Remy should not have had to continue and getting stomped on the head is going to fuck you up.

Maybe Remy was milking it but I doubt it and find it irrelevant anyway.
                Last edited by UpaLumpa; 12/07/2008 2:13pm, .

Comment

Man I can't believe how many people don't care , even tho the vid was up on youtube . Is it a lazy thing or are people not amused by K-1 ?

The whole card made me happy .
                  I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                  BILL HICKS,
                  1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                  ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

I'm just ill JLB reinjured his arm. He is and always has been my favorite K-1 fighter to watch his agressiveness and power always make his fights the kind where you can't blink because you might miss the end. Congrats to Bonjasky, but i'm still upset for Le Banner.

Comment

Originally posted by Christmas Spirit
                      Man I can't believe how many people don't care , even tho the vid was up on youtube . Is it a lazy thing or are people not amused by K-1 ?

The whole card made me happy .
                      Yeah the show was good. It was good to see Le Banner an Aerts in there, as they are two pioneers of K-1. It was also nice to see some new and up and comers in the final eight. All thos guys are strong fighters and I wouldn't be surprised to see those same guys in the final eight again next year. Even though Semmy Schilt will probably take someones spot

:waoya

Comment

I saw the fight live yesterday at the stadion. There were many good fights. Manhoef rocks!
                        Unfortunately the final ended the way it did. About 40 precent of the spectators left when the ref disqualified Badr. A shame, because Badr`s two previous fights were great. And the people liked him.... and then STOMP

Comment

Absolutely great card except for the end of the final. That really stinks as it was some people's first look at what great kickboxing is all about. That said I hope next year Bonjasky and Badr meet again and finish the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by UpaLumpa
                            I find it irrelevant too, but just for those who don't: during the award ceremony, they had to repeatedly grab Remy's attention because he was staring at the floor intently...

Comment

Originally posted by UpaLumpa
                              G-Off.
                              A lot of people are saying that. But he took a punch which bounced his head off the floor and then a stomp. That's two illegal (and potential fight ending) strikes and I read somewhere that how Bonjasky ended up on the ground was illegal too. Hari should have been automatically DQ'ed for the sum of the two clearly illegal actions, let alone a third. Remy was winning the fight and Hari is a worthless scumbag (at least as an athlete).

Remy should not have had to continue and getting stomped on the head is going to fuck you up.

I'll agree it was irrelevant, the ref should have stopped it for a blatant attempt to illegally injure another fighter. Still, it did look like Remy was acting a bit. I just wanted to see a Hulkster comeback leading to Badr getting KOed.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X