Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kimbo Slice vs. Seth Petruzelli (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kimbo Slice vs. Seth Petruzelli (Spoilers)

Wow.

Who else saw this?

Everyone with half a brain has stated it, but for those without such grey matter I'll say it again: the first time Kimbo ran into a decent fighter he was going to get broken down like a shotgun.

And that's exactly what happened. 14 fucking seconds.

Finally, kimbo slice's whole marketing device of doom has been put to a stop.

edited as to not shit-talk professional fighters
    Last edited by tharuz; 10/04/2008 10:01pm, .

Comment

Kimbo posts are mysteriously deleted. The ninjas are out in force tonight.

Comment

We don't delete posts around here.

Comment

i feel bad for Kimbo. he spent all that time "training" to fight a can and got stuck with a younger, hungry guy trying to get back to the UFC. nigga can't catch a break.

Comment

As long as old over the hill fighters like Ken are willing Kimbo will have opponents

I guarantee Ken and Kimbo will happen regardless of tonight

And Elite is retarded for making Kimbo their main event poster child they had to know this would happen at some time.

Comment

BTW Radach VS Ruas was enjoyable

Comment

Originally posted by Goju - Joe
                As long as old over the hill fighters like Ken are willing Kimbo will have opponents

I guarantee Ken and Kimbo will happen regardless of tonight

And Elite is retarded for making Kimbo their main event poster child they had to know this would happen at some time.
                Regardless of his ability, as long as Kimbo sells tickets and tunes in TV he will have a career.

Now Ken will be expected to win despite of his age. And since it's been done before it won't mean anything if he does win.

Comment

Originally posted by Nord
                  Kimbo posts are mysteriously deleted. The ninjas are out in force tonight.
                  I didn't delete it, I sent it where it belongs.

Comment

Anyone else want to bet Dana White gives Seth a contract based purely on the fact he may have knocked EliteXC out as well as Kimbo? With Kimbo getting blasted like that his ability to draw people in will probably diminish.

Comment

look, a 14s knockout is not definitive, i know a lot of you hate kimbo but you have to admit he has a lot of natural hand skill, and bas rutten believes in him. BAS RUTTEN. all it means is that he got caught and thats most likely due to lack of experience, not lack of overall ability. the only reason the combo front kick right punch worked for seth was because he was backed up against the cage, otherwise the front kick would do shit, and thats not a combo people tend to practice because usually when youre against the cage youre either trying to stuff a takedown or eating elbows in clinch. so in some ways Petruzelli just got lucky.

Comment

Oh, man, this is just too awesome. I was hoping that Shamrock and Slice could somehow both lose, but I didn't think it would actually happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Drekos
                          look, a 14s knockout is not definitive, i know a lot of you hate kimbo but you have to admit he has a lot of natural hand skill, and bas rutten believes in him. BAS RUTTEN. all it means is that he got caught and thats most likely due to lack of experience, not lack of overall ability. the only reason the combo front kick right punch worked for seth was because he was backed up against the cage, otherwise the front kick would do shit, and thats not a combo people tend to practice because usually when youre against the cage youre either trying to stuff a takedown or eating elbows in clinch. so in some ways Petruzelli just got lucky.
                          He's a streetfighter, how many of those youtube fights did he "prepare" for??

Comment

i didnt use the word prepare in any of that quote...

and thats besides the point. hes training now, he wasnt training then. how many other fighters do we see with drastic improvements just from changing training camps or training methods? kimbo is training EVERYTHING about his fight game, so naturally hes going to be getting better. I agree that he should have gotten amateur MMA experience first before getting pushed into the spotlight, but barring the fact that he could have lost against thompson by stoppage he did a lot better than almost any amateur fighters would have.

Comment

Karate > streets! Now seriously, I hope those guys turn right around and fight again. I'm buy no means, saying the results will be different but as someone already said Seth got lucky! Nice finishing/killer instinct though.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X