Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Spoiler Results UFC 86 Jackson vs Griffin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Spoiler Results UFC 86 Jackson vs Griffin.

1. -Quinton Jackson vs. Forrest Griffin
    2. -Patrick Cote vs. Ricardo Almeida
      Winner Cote Split Decision.
    3. -Joe Stevenson vs. Gleison Tibau
      Winner Stevenson 2nd round submission.
    4. -Josh Koscheck vs. Chris Lytle
      Winner Koscheck unanimous decision.
    5. -Tyson Griffin vs. Marcus Aurelio
      Griffin wins unanimous decison
    6. -Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Justin McCully
      Winner Gonzaga 1st round submission
    7. -Cole Miller vs. Jorge Gurgel
      Miller wins via submission 3rd round
    8. -Melvin Guillard vs. Dennis Siver
      Winner Guillard 1st Rd KO.
    9. -Justin Buchholz vs. Corey Hill
      Winner Bucholz via RNC 2nd round
    Last edited by Omega; 7/05/2008 9:57pm, .

Results coming in.

Comment

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnd your new Light Heavy Weight Champion of the Woooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrld!!!!!!!!!! Forrest............Griffonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
      Last edited by Wolf; 7/06/2008 10:09am, .

Comment

By unanimous decision.

Comment

that was a close call, but forrest legitimately edged him. A shame for it to end so close. I think Rampage expected a lot more from himself.

Comment

Holy crap Lytle was bleeding everywhere, kinda looked like Koscheck didn't want to hit him towards the end of their fight cause of that cut. Grappling noob question: As an escape, would it have been feasible for Stevenson to try and break the figure four of Tibau legs with his free arm, during that really long omo plata attempt?
            Last edited by Eric; 7/05/2008 11:03pm, .

Comment

no shit about lytle! seeing koscheks hair at the end of that fight reminded me of Chris Leben dying his hair red to look bloody. Kos one-upped him with the real thing.

Comment

Wow! I can't wait to see the Griffin-Jackson fight...fuck not having enough money to buy the PPV >_<

Did Forrest deserve the decision?

I'm so fucking happy he won, mostly because everyone counted him out.

Comment

Freaking Forrest Griffin! How come

Chris Lytle's corner didn't throw in the towel after the

second round? Hold up, how come Yves Lavene did

not stop that fight? In my rookie opinion, I think

Ricardo Almeida won, not Patrick Cote. (And I wanted

Cote to win) Oh, Joe Daddy has some heart, because,

I think he was losing up to that submission.

Comment

He deserved the decision.

Comment

Another reason the 10-point-must system is retarded, on the Pride system that would have gone to Jackson. Everybody in the bar thought it would be split for Jackson, but unanimous for Forrest? I want to see the fucking math.
                      Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Comment

Originally posted by feedback
                        Another reason the 10-point-must system is retarded, on the Pride system that would have gone to Jackson. Everybody in the bar thought it would be split for Jackson, but unanimous for Forrest? I want to see the fucking math.
                        FightMetric to the rescue!!

...In a day or two, probably.

Comment

Well Forrest definitely worked for it, that's for sure. That's what I like about him too.

Comment

Eh, the decision was iffy. One judge gave it to him 49-46, with the other two 48-47.

Here's how I saw it goin':

Round 1: Jackson, no question
                            Round 2: Griffen, no question
                            Round 3: ...questions
                            Round 4: I give this one to Griffen, just for being the aggressor and more active fighter
                            Round 5: Same as four, but with Jackson doing even less.

But let me just say...everyone in the room was holdin' their breath when Griffin put the triangle on, but everyone was screaming as soon as his back left the mat...gorgeous.

Also, Griffin needed to capitalize on those two leg kicks in the 2nd. He has Jackson limping, but barely touched it the third round (the second half of the 2nd was spent with Griffen dominating on the ground, passing from guard to side to full mount, and grinding his elbow into Jackson's face). His real issue came later on, 4th and 5th, when it seemed he would either throw the leg kick without setting it up, or only throw it after a combination that left him too close to Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by Beezer
                              Freaking Forrest Griffin! How come

Chris Lytle's corner didn't throw in the towel after the

second round? Hold up, how come Yves Lavene did

not stop that fight? In my rookie opinion, I think

Ricardo Almeida won, not Patrick Cote. (And I wanted

Cote to win) Oh, Joe Daddy has some heart, because,

I think he was losing up to that submission.
                              Word to that, I was in disbelief at that fight. His corner is irresponsible and the ref is a moron. I brought my gf to the bar for the first time to watch UFC, and she got sick from all the blood. Even I felt a little queezy, I don't know WTF all parties involved were thinking.
                              Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X