Alves doesn't make weight(174lbs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alves doesn't make weight(174lbs)

What a fat ass hes made weight what 6-7 times before in the UFC, probably to much parting by the looks of the all access.

sorry heres the source

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=13086
    Last edited by Bizzaro Root; 6/06/2008 1:03pm, .

He needs the extra ass-weight for punching power.

Comment

Interestingly, he was suspended by the athletic commission after testing hot for a diuretic(sp?) he used to help cut weight.

Comment

Pitbull is anything but a fatass.

Comment

He's learned the carano/rampage secret

"Put your ass into it"

More ass= more face destruction

Comment

Originally posted by Pandinha

I'm sure the extra weight is extra muscle, but that doesn't make it any less a failure of professionalism than when Carano or Lutter does it. He has an established team and the tools to cut weight on a schedule. He's not some schmuck with two jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandinha
              in the 170 lbs division.... he is a fat ass.

Comment

Bleh, he missed by what, 4lbs? Anyways, the fight still goes on so between him and Queen Esther. Can't wait to see that good shit.

Comment

Damn, now Matt Hughes has an excuse after he gets the KTFO treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by selfcritical
                    I'm sure the extra weight is extra muscle, but that doesn't make it any less a failure of professionalism than when Carano or Lutter does it. He has an established team and the tools to cut weight on a schedule. He's not some schmuck with two jobs.
                    Where did you get all of that from "Pitbull is not a fatass"?

Comment

I didn't so much. I got it from him being an established professional fighter who didn't make weight.

Comment

Originally posted by hpr
                        Damn, now Matt Hughes has an excuse after he gets the KTFO treatment.
                        He's going to say those 4 extra pounds were the work of the devil, you'll see.

Other than this fight, I'm not sure if I want to see the main card. I was hoping to see "The Sandman" Irvin but alas, it ain't happening.

Comment

Where does everyone get that Alves is going to walk through Hughes? I understand that Hughes looked rough against George St. Pierre, but the last time I checked, Alves is not GSP. We're talking about a guy who got outwrestled by Fitch and who was taken down by Karo in seconds. His only chance is going to be to land a knockout shot before Hughes ties up with him...something that has so far only been managed by Pele and Rush.

Also, I guess we can add Alves along with Lutter and Ruediger, to the list of fighters TKOed by Fudgie the Ice Cream Cake Whale.

Comment

Originally posted by Teh El Macho
                            He's going to say those 4 extra pounds were the work of the devil, you'll see.

Other than this fight, I'm not sure if I want to see the main card. I was hoping to see "The Sandman" Irvin but alas, it ain't happening.
                            Yeah, it's those devil's own 4 extra pounds why Hughes can't take him down or pick him up to slam.

As for the event, I'm optimistic. There are no huge names if you count out Hughes, but the matches might prove entertaining as everyone is making a scramble for the limelight. I'm rooting for Davis, his fights have been very entertaining. It's not an event I'd pay through the nose for, but still I'd consider buying it with my friends if it wasn't for the Football (that's soccer to you..) European Championships, which I can view free for my pleasure in the same time slot.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Tortelli
                              Where does everyone get that Alves is going to walk through Hughes? I understand that Hughes looked rough against George St. Pierre, but the last time I checked, Alves is not GSP. We're talking about a guy who got outwrestled by Fitch and who was taken down by Karo in seconds. His only chance is going to be to land a knockout shot before Hughes ties up with him...something that has so far only been managed by Pele and Rush.
                              It's because he's starting to be in that point in his career where he's fighting only for the money. Even he says he's got only a couple of fights left in him and he took this on a very late notice.

Plus he's a pompous egomaniac, which might make people not-so-secretly hope for a humiliating defeat for him.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X