Affliction Debut Looking Awesome...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Affliction Debut Looking Awesome...

Fedor vs Timmay, Barnett vs Rizzo II (!!!), Matt Lindland! This ought to be fucking great. Much better than any non-UFC event to date (outside Japan, that is).

Originally posted by Josh Barnett
    “I said after he knocked me out with one of those really nice, well put together Pedro Rizzo right hands, I stood right there for the challenge and said you know what, I’m going to come back here, I’m going to fight him again and next time I’m knocking his ass out,” said Barnett about the match-up with Rizzo. “So I’ve got to make good on my promises and I’ve got to stick to my word.”
    Rizzo by KO.

fedor vs swamp thing is for their second show, i thought.

either way, this whole deal is a recipe for clusterfail.

Comment

And then when they go out of business they can at least said they had Fedor!! I wonder how this is affecting fighters' sponsorships with the bans against Affliction? Do you think they don't get money if they fight in a promotion that won't allow their product?
      Oh and back on subject, I love this fight card!!!! I miss seeing Lindland and Barnett fight.

Comment

they paid gsp to wear blank shorts.

Comment

Their shirts are still selling, but they seriously should have used another name/company for their promo.

Regardless, though...Fedor fighting a real opponent, Barnett/Rizzo rematch, Lindland fighting again on US soil against (hopefully) someone good...who cares about Affliction as a company or a promo, this card is going to rock!

Comment

Dammit... I wish it was still in Dallas.

Comment

why is affliction banned?

Did the UFC get tired of its douchey wearers?

Because 99% of the people i see are complete douche bags.

They also think they are teh exp3rtz on fighting.

and i say, lol no, you can't kimura me from inside my guard...

Comment

because as a general rule, you don't let your competitors have screen time on your ppv.

Comment

Originally posted by pauli
                  because as a general rule, you don't let your competitors have screen time on your ppv.
                  I thought that affliction was solely a clothing line.

facepalm.jpg :(

Comment

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...bag/index.html

Total fight purse is going to be over $6,000,000 bucks- unheard of. This is great for the fighters.

I really hope that people (especially those on bullshido) help get the ratings in for this as if it takes off from its rocky start, it could have great things in the future for fans and for fighters.

Comment

nevermind

Comment

Originally posted by ViCious
                        nevermind
                        If your a b.j.j purple, why don't you have a tag?

Comment

The one, and only, affliction card.

Comment

Bodog came on to the scene with similar claims. And last I heard they were going under.

Paying big purses right off the bat sounds like a great idea, but it might not be the best business move.

Comment

Originally posted by elipson
                              Bodog came on to the scene with similar claims. And last I heard they were going under.

Paying big purses right off the bat sounds like a great idea, but it might not be the best business move.
                              Well, perhaps they are trying to attract big name fighters?

DOMESTIC TERRORISM ON TEH UFC!!!!!!?!?!?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X