"GI Vs. PRO," a New Mixed Martial Arts Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"GI Vs. PRO," a New Mixed Martial Arts Series

"GI Vs. PRO," a New Mixed Martial Arts Serieshttp://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=841294

I'm not really seeing a fight care yet but I'll post it when I see it.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

It will all hinge on the fighters that they can get in. With all of the contracts and fickle free agents out there, it will be intresting to see if they can pull some names in.

Comment

What is the point of this? So half the fighters happen to be in the military. So what?

Comment

Originally posted by Razamataz
        What is the point of this? So half the fighters happen to be in the military. So what?

It's a silly fucking idea.

Comment

It's called MARKETING. Gotta have an angle to get the viewers. It cashes in on the "deadliness" of military training and everything!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kintanon
            It's called WHORING.
            There. Fixed for ya :D
            Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

I'm just going to see if i'll be able to see it here in RVA, where FSN is called CSN (comcast sports net). They used to always preempt the Pride stuff for regional sports shows. :angry1:

http://www.revolutionbjj.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Teh El Macho
                There. Fixed for ya :D
                Come on man, why you gotta be hatin'?

You just jealous!
                sigpic

Comment

That title is fucking gay. What the fuck is "Gi vs Pro"?
                  Originally posted by Goju - joe
                  being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

How about GI vs. Joe where military guys beat the crap out of regular guys. At least the title would be better, though Pros vs. Joes would probably sue.

Comment

So would Hasbro. How about Gi vs Jane? They could all beat the shit out of Demi Moore.

Comment

I seriously hate this idea.

O wowie hes in the military!!! Not that being in the military is bad, but I fail to see the link and dont care about this show at all. Ill only watch for the fights, but maybe not.
                        Port Jefferson Martial Arts - My Gym
                        Port Jefferson Martial Arts - My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Kintanon
                          It's called MARKETING. Gotta have an angle to get the viewers. It cashes in on the "deadliness" of military training and everything!
                          So sportguy takes all his tools into the fight, standup, grappling, whatever. Wears sprawlshorts.

GI-guy, in full infantry gear, takes his tools: rifle/LMG, bayo, a grenade or two and comms to call in airstrikes on his opponent.

For the sake of realism (wasn't MMA once known as "reality fighting"?...so, in the spirit of MMA, let's keep it as real as possible), both can use ALL tools and training integral to their trade. It starts in a field or desert, but has a cage set up somewhere in it, so that sportguy can catch GI-guy and drag him into it.

If he doesn't get picked off first.

The stakes maybe the life and deaths of individuals and/or entire nations, rather than belts and w/l records, but soldiers ARE professional fighters. Unless you don't consider a war to be a fight.

Comment

^ See this is why I dont like these types of shows. It drags out the idiots who love to talk about how MMA isn't real, and how if the military guy loses, its because hes trained for life and death stuff, not silly sport fighting.
                            Port Jefferson Martial Arts - My Gym
                            Port Jefferson Martial Arts - My Blog

Comment

So tell me where the idiot said MMA "isn't real" and where the idiot says sport is "silly". Tell me where the idiot predicted who'd win, who'd lose, and why.

The idiot is a PE major (as well as a former Armoured Recce officer, and yes he'll bring dox to the next TD he attends). The idiot just thinks that wars and combat-sports are both types of fighting and those who get paid to do either can therefore, by definition, be called professional fighters.

He also thinks, idiot that he is, that throwing them into a singe arena of any kind, when they're trained to do very different kinds of fighting, is retarded.

Which should make it very appealing to retards, right Joe?

Literacy hint: read what's actually written in a posting--not what you assume the poster is writing.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X