Chuck Liddel jumps on the Kimbo hate bandwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actualy respect Kimbo's attitude and commitment to training MMA

Just at 34 with no superstar fighting pedigry - like D1 wrestler or former pro boxer or grappling, I doubt he'll ever have more than a middling MMA career.

I don't blame him or Eleite for the hype but the definitly need a more legitmate contender for long term success.

At 185 I think Cung Le is showing some great stuff, but he's 35.

Comment

Kimbo slice has never said he was in prison. He's alluded to doing some "things he doesn't want to talk about"

That could mean anything from working at mcdonalds to loving a large woman.

Comment

So let me understand this, Liddels problem with Slice is his background of street fighting ?
        With all do respect to Mr. Liddel, he's upset with the same system that allowed him to come up through the ranks.
        That system is simple, If You Want It Enough, I Mean Your Really Hungry to the point you can almost Taste it, then you can acheive.

What One Man Can Do, So Can Another.

Comment

Chuck is a BJJ purple and has a strong wrestling background. I think he is reasonably qualified to discuss the ground game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Rooster
            My respect for you is enhanced by the use of a 'lemon chiffon' coloUr, which I never knew existed or looked so pleasing before today.

Go Kimbo! Beards rule.
            (He still has the beard right?)
            Yep, yep, your twisted, sweet..lol

SHarkonis

Comment

Originally posted by Sakmongkol
              Chuck is a BJJ purple and has a strong wrestling background. I think he is reasonably qualified to discuss the ground game.
              To true but to bash a possible future rival or just someone who's trying to break it big seems kinda out of nature for someone of Mr. Liddels charactor.

Sharkonis

Comment

Chuck is a BJJ purple and has a strong wrestling background.
                Late to the party, we all know this little fact.

I think he is reasonably qualified to discuss the ground game.
                Yet, that isn't the tone of the article is it?

Internet stardom. Nope nothing to do with a BJJ Purple belt or the ground.

Has nothing to do with a ground game.

Hmmm gorund game non-existent.

Yes, he is qualified to make this statement. Sounds like someone is worried that these other organization may take away some money.

Comment

Dude, I wasn't referring to you but people in general.
                  My bad.

Anyway, I still agree with Chuck's main point which seemed to me to be that Slice doesn't deserve all the hype when he hasn't really done anything other than won some bareknuckle boxing fights.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake
                    Funny how the EliteXC promotion is his fault.
                    You do know he himself has called out Butterbean, Mike Tyson, and Sean Gannon.

Yup, that's 3 quality opponents right there. Hell, at least one of those guys is retired!
                    "Through the centuries, the Jews have endured terrible persecution, and you know that. We've all read it, studied it. They've gone through a lot. And those seeking their destruction, we will seek their destruction." -President Donald Trump, spewing his Nazi, racist, anti-Semitism.

Comment

Update from Bas:

http://www.mmanews.com/other/Bas-Rut...ents-Ever.html

Comment

Chuck having a rant about/against Kimbo really only creates more publicity for the guy.

If anything Chuck's helping his career.

Comment

Kimbo is no more of a spectacle entrant to professional MMA than Brock Lesnar. Get those two guys to fight each other until they're good enough to fight real UFC fighters.

Comment

Kimbo responds to Liddell's remarks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE5LvLKwbHM

Comment

He really is a disgrace to the sport.
                              "Through the centuries, the Jews have endured terrible persecution, and you know that. We've all read it, studied it. They've gone through a lot. And those seeking their destruction, we will seek their destruction." -President Donald Trump, spewing his Nazi, racist, anti-Semitism.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan McScary
                                Kimbo responds to Liddell's remarks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE5LvLKwbHM
                                He didn't say anything untoward,
                                sounds like really reserved smack-talk.
                                He's been eating PR for breakfast.

I want his shirt. Go Team Kimbo! -or something-

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X