Excellent MMA Documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent MMA Documentary

Saw this and I thought I'd share. It's about a guy who tries out all these different lifestyles, and in this one it's MMA. He follows a guy training for an upcoming fight for 4 weeks. The guy starts out clueless thinking it's just a streetfight but get educated along the way. It's in 9 parts and is really well done IMO.

http://www.vbs.tv/player.php?bctid=1...Tc1NDcyX19FVEM

Cheers for the heads up, will check this one out.

Comment

I think this was posted somewhere before on here, but its so good its worth bringing it up again anyway. I really like the interviewer/narrater. Very immersive, I think it gives quite a good idea how dedicated some of these guys are and what that really means.

spoiler:

I mean this guy ate, slept and breathed mma and he still sucked.

/spoiler
      Check out my blog!:

http://jadonbjj.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just watched the first part. This should be great. Thanks!

Comment

For whoever watched the second part, when they're in the guys house, he holds up an appliance of some sort and says it's the best tool for cutting weight, anyone know what it is?

Comment

I have no idea, looked like a printer.

Comment

I think it was one of those food vacuum-sealer things.

Comment

That was extremely well done. I just clicked the link to see what it was, and ended up watching the entire series. They did an amazing job with showing what the atmosphere was like. Are any of the other Balls Deep sets worthwhile?

Comment

Yep great video i watched all 9 parts they were very entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by rangerdavy
                    That was extremely well done. I just clicked the link to see what it was, and ended up watching the entire series. They did an amazing job with showing what the atmosphere was like. Are any of the other Balls Deep sets worthwhile?
                    The one with people living in the sewers is also really good and pretty intense. This kid has some balls for this one...giant balls. Dont think I would be up for it.
                    Check out my blog!:

http://jadonbjj.blogspot.com/

Comment

That's a great doc...nothing is sugarcoated..a fighter's life before he hits the big time(if he everd does) is all about working hard and making sacrificies...all the way trying to justify your choices to other people! Props to the guy...oh and the reporter sucks, didn't even bulk up a little? jeez, talk about a pimpled face nerd or something! lol

PS- Is it normal not to eat or drink for 48 hours before the weigh in? Don't you pass out or something? Or was the reporter going for the drama?

Comment

Awesome documentary, thanks for the link.

Comment

that device he was holding that looked like a printer was a food dehydrater (i think)

Comment

Did they say how long the fighter had been training for?

Comment

It was a nice piece. Gives a good perspective on how brutal the training really is.. and you still might get KO'd in 0:50 of the first round. That must suck.
                              Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X