http://ufcjunkie.com/2007/03/19/repo...lion/#comments

Fuck.....

Comment

Originally posted by Whorian Gracie
      So now we will get to hear more names like

Ichiyuki Samatushito

Chito Kamazuji

and not to mention

That gigantor guy with the big head from Korea!

Good Luck with that one Joe Rogan!
      Joe Rogan knows his shit. I used to make fun of him too cause I always saw him as "that guy from Fear Factor", but he's proven over and over he knows his MMA inside and out, and that includes overseas fighters.

And I think the Korean guy you are thinking of is in K1 not Pride.

Comment

Hasn't Sherdog been doing spoofs ala Fedor Loses?
        http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52561

Comment

Originally posted by ojgsxr6
          Hasn't Sherdog been doing spoofs ala Fedor Loses?
          http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52561
          I thought that was an Odacon spoof, not Sherdog's

Comment

Hurry up with the unification bouts already. And get rid of the cage while you are at it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcFu
              Hurry up with the unification bouts already. And get rid of the cage while you are at it.
              I hate the cage, and I hate the ropes. I say we use an open circle much like the WCL's (only thing WCL has done right) and surround the edge of the ring with a moat.

Comment

Well K-1 is royally fucked now if they want to get into the US.

Unless they go with the comedians vs MMA fighters route and set up Carlos Mencia vs. Sakuraba...:cry:

Comment

Meh, K1's already lost their two biggest stars anyway, and Sak, as much as I love him, is just not the same as he once was

Comment

K1 i think has secured a partnership with showtime.../EliteXC?
                    so i think k1 has a bit of stability already...

but yea, screw K1.

As for the UFC purchase. I have heard the rumor too from the fightnetwork ppl, but they can't confirm it either. AFAIK from the circle of ppl i talk to, only 2 ppl in fightnetwork know who the source is for this info. And its being kept top secret still! dunno what that means, but i can't dig out any dirt! damn it!!!!

Comment

I'm not sure how I feel about this whole thing. If it's true, I guess the way I feel will be determined by what Zuffa does with it.

Comment

Originally posted by yodaman
                        Well K-1 is royally fucked now if they want to get into the US.

Unless they go with the comedians vs MMA fighters route and set up Carlos Mencia vs. Sakuraba...:cry:
                        You have no idea how much money I'd pay to see Mencia get knocked out cold.

While it would be good for MMA to have multiple major orgs, this buy should payoff for fans as all the cross-org fantasy matches come true.

Comment

MMAweekly has also confirmed the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by HANKtheTANK
                            K1 i think has secured a partnership with showtime.../EliteXC?
                            so i think k1 has a bit of stability already...

but yea, screw K1.

As for the UFC purchase. I have heard the rumor too from the fightnetwork ppl, but they can't confirm it either. AFAIK from the circle of ppl i talk to, only 2 ppl in fightnetwork know who the source is for this info. And its being kept top secret still! dunno what that means, but i can't dig out any dirt! damn it!!!!
                            considering all the rumors that have been buzzing about this for the past month or so, it has to be the worst kept secret ever.

Comment

Originally posted by KempoFist
                              I hate the cage, and I hate the ropes. I say we use an open circle much like the WCL's (only thing WCL has done right) and surround the edge of the ring with a hundred foot drop into a spiked pit.
                              There, fixed that for you.

MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and this bit of news totally rocks.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X