Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Week of Training (Posting this here since last thread was binned)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Week of Training (Posting this here since last thread was binned)

Hi Bullies and Comrades!

Thanks again to everyone who has commented support, misgivings, and especially to those who have donated. You've all been a big help, and I love you.

Training is going well. I got in my first sessions with a reputable coach/team back in Loveland, and am currently in LA for work. Given thatm i've been getting in some sessions with Coach D to keep me going. Strength and conditionins is being programmed by myself, and is primarily based around training my primary strength movements for high power and low reps, and combining that with high intensity cardio training usually consisting of uphill sprints.

Current ideal conditioning session is 5x5 on my 5 main lifts, a short rest, then wind sprints, a short rest, then a slower run just to burn some extra calories since i'm losing a little bit of weight for the fight.

Weight class is 190-210, I plan on coming in right at 210.

I'll be fighting in the Intermediate class, so elbows will be legal, but no knees to the head.

Strategy for the tourney is simple, but difficult. In the past I have had terrible performances in my fights due to basically two factors: First I didn't train properly, would be over weight, then have to water cut all the weight and enter the ring/cage very drained. Second, while I've always wanted to be a performer of sorts I also have a lot of anxiety being in front of crowds. These factors put together resulted in me basically just doing enough not to get hurt in fights, then basically finding a way out. Not proud of this, but I'd be a liar if I said otherwise. So for this tourney I'll be trying to go complete ham from bell to bell. This should stave off my freezing habit, might overwhelm an opponent who will almost certainly have less training than me, and encourages me to really really take cardio training seriously.

That said, I've trained with low level pros and high level ammies before, and have never felt entirely our of my depth, at least not until my energy levels run out first. I'm currently training with a young cat who is fighting a couple weeks before me, so he's a good gauge of where I'm at. Where i'm at as of last week, is a bit slow, not seeing punches at the right time, and gassing after a round in my estimation. So i figure i need a good deal of sparring, and have to work my ass off in conditioning sessions. I think Omega would attest to my having enough basic ability to fight in an amateur MT tourney without embarassing myself as long as I come in in shape.

To those who criticized my decision to GoFundMe: I get it. There are a million things that money could go to that are more vital than me having a fight for funsies. I sure hope you are actually helping those people rather than just using them as en excuse, like the people who only bring up helping vets when they want to keep some benefit from those they deem unworthy, but then don't do anything for vets after they've used their pulpit to ensure undocumented immigrants don't get healthcare or wwhatever their malfunction is. if you're using cancer patients as your reason not to support me, that's an excellent reason. I sure hope you voted for Bernie and are actually helping people. Most folks don't.

Thanks to Wrabbit for having my back here, I appreciate the support a lot my dude. Thanks to Joe, INK, Sub, Ben, PDA, and all myother financial supporters, I've put the money toward it's intended purpose and am training even harder to try and make something from your generosity. When i get back to CO next weekeend I'll post up some training footage to show my progress.

Also, I'll be taking my NASM-CPT test next month, and look forward to trying to use that to make some side cash and maybe continue fight training. We'll see!

Love you folks, hope you're all healthy and happy as can be. i know I am.

Hi Bullies, just an update:

My tournament has been rescheduled for June 27. This may be a blessing in disguise, as I've been training as hard as possible on my S & C since before the quarantine started. More time to train can only be a positive for me as well.

I passed my NASM exam and am now ready to begin working as a personal trainer. More on that front to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Tramirezmma View Post
      I passed my NASM exam and am now ready to begin working as a personal trainer. More on that front to come.
      Congratulations that is great!
      How are you going about training with the social distancing?
      Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
      –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post

Congratulations that is great!
          How are you going about training with the social distancing?
          Right now I'm just lifting and trail running. Going to get in as peak of physical shape I can get myself, and put in as much time as possible once the MT gym opens back up, probably in a couple weeks. Until then it's a combination of middle distance running, sprint intervals, and strength training. My Brother in law is coming to stay up at the family compound, so I might be able to get him to chase me with punches and kicks if I promise not to hit him back.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
            Congratulations.
            Congratulate this dick, William.

Comment

You should consider some bag work if possible. Given you have no training partners to work with, you should be kicking and punching something.

Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                You should consider some bag work if possible. Given you have no training partners to work with, you should be kicking and punching something.
                Good point, I'll have to try and make something.

Comment

I might be able to get him to chase me with punches and kicks if I promise not to hit him back.
                  While I am certainly no expert in striking, nor really one in grappling.
                  However I do know in grappling if you train escapes without training the subsequent re-engagement into an offensive cycle, that it can lead to training behaviors where people get stuck in a defensive cycle.
                  So you might want to consider some sort of offensive retort even if its just hitting a pad.
                  Anyways good luck, and it certainly never hurts to be more in shape, certainly never hurts to loss any mass that doesn't do anyone any good in a sport with weight ins.
                  Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                  –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X