X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"5. Brad Imes vs. Tim Sylvia (just to see two big guys go at it) "
    You must love horrible mismatches then.

"3. Nick Diaz vs. Diego Sanchez"
    Hate to break it to you, already happened.

"6. Forest Griffin vs. Sam Hoger "
    I don't want to see Hogar in the UFC ever again. He was a loser on the show, he lost, so what the hell is he doing fighting in the UFC? Even when they bring him back to fight, he loses.

"7. Chris Leben vs. Rich Franklin"
    Another mismatch, but on the right track, he's probably better than Quarry.

Comment

Originally posted by Memnoch1207
      I envy any fighter who makes it on TUF 3, to get to train with and be instructed by Shamrock is like going to basketball camp with Michael Jordan. Once in a life time experience.
      Shamrock is 3 and 6 since his comeback. One of those wins was aginst Kimo, another old school style fighter. Shamrock was great in his time, but I would rather be coached by somone with a better record and style if I was an up and commer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kengou
        I know, I wanted Diaz to win, so I want to see a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by PEtrainer
          Shamrock is 3 and 6 since his comeback. One of those wins was aginst Kimo, another old school style fighter. Shamrock was great in his time, but I would rather be coached by somone with a better record and style if I was an up and commer.
          I swear some of you idiots base a fighter off of a Sherdog track record.

No doubts about the fact that Ken was coming off of ACL surgery when fighting Tito the first time. He couldn't shoot in and basically had to stand and strike with Tito while trying to avoid a takedown.

The lose to Don Frye was a close one. A very good match.

Rich Franklin vs Ken looked very odd.

The Sakuraba fight is very controversial.

I only count 5.

Tito, Fujita, Frye, Franklin, and Sakuraba.

Comment

Originally posted by Kengou

"6. Forest Griffin vs. Sam Hoger "
            I don't want to see Hogar in the UFC ever again. He was a loser on the show, he lost, so what the hell is he doing fighting in the UFC? Even when they bring him back to fight, he loses.
            Hate to break it to you, but this fight has also already happened, and on top of that hogar has one 2 of his last 3, fights, his only loss to stephen bonnar... another TUF "Loser."

Leben, Koscheck, Florien, Bonnar, Quarry, etc. Get oot! Losing on TUF means your fight carreers are OVER! Bitches! LOL

/Whatever.

Bring back Genki Sudo

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmare
              Some useless crap about Shamrock by someone who thinks they know what they are talking about.
              Shamrock is old and sucks. I have seen 99% of his fights. What the fuck is your point about Sherdog? His techniques are old and out of date. I would not want him as a coach, as the other poster pointed out that think it would kick ass. Thats the point.

He is a novelety, not very useful.

I was watching MMA when you were plaing Ninja Turtles. Shut up about it for god sake.

Comment

i like the fact that nate quarry got rawked and KOd, thats what he gets for keeping his hands down.

I watch the ken vs. rich fight a lot and it seemed staged. You could see that he fell on purpose. I dont see how u could say ken shamrock sux, cuz he could still beat ur arse.

Comment

Shamrock is old and sucks. I have seen 99% of his fights. What the fuck is your point about Sherdog? His techniques are old and out of date. I would not want him as a coach, as the other poster pointed out that think it would kick ass. Thats the point.

I was watching MMA when you were plaing Ninja Turtles. Shut up about it for god sake.
                  Not a good coach?

Producing Frank Shamrock, Pete Williams, Guy Mezger, Vernon White, Mikey Burnett, and cross training with a slew of other MMA greats doesn't make you a good coach?

Hell he worked with Maurice Smith prior to his heavyweight match with Coleman and we all know what happened there....

He'd be an awesome coach. He's worked with everyone and their mother and the facts dont lie.

Yes, submissions are old and out of date. Considering theyve been around for thousands of years.

And btw, I have been watching UFC as long if not longer than you.

My cousin got me into it when he was a teenager and I was a young tike.( Rented tapes and watched my first PPV when Oleg won his tourney - who also was trained by Ken Shamrock btw...)

Comment

His techniques are old and out of date. I would not want him as a coach, as the other poster pointed out that think it would kick ass. Thats the point.
                    What techniques are old and out of date? Actually a better question would be what techniques would you consider new or modern?

Comment

Yeah really, good point.

It's not like he invented the heel hook or the achilles lock. These moves have been around for years and years and years. You can only armbar someone or choke them out in so many ways under MMA rules.

Comment

Originally posted by aronafan
                        i like the fact that nate quarry got rawked and KOd, thats what he gets for keeping his hands down.

I watch the ken vs. rich fight a lot and it seemed staged. You could see that he fell on purpose. I dont see how u could say ken shamrock sux, cuz he could still beat ur arse.
                        I would have thought the Sak vs Shamrock fight would be viewed as even more staged, but I haven't rewatched the Franklin vs Shamrock fight so my memory may be shady.

Comment

I definitely think it is time for Shamrock to retire. He's basically become a journeyman that fight organizations use to draw numbers. He's been there and done that in MMA, but it's time for him to step back. He can do a lot more for the sport as a spokesman than as a fighter.

I'm not sure about his or Tito's coaching abilities, personally. I suppose they're a decent choice in terms of star power, since the UFC doesn't have anymore champs to pimp as coaches, or any other fighters that would draw ratings as coaches. On the other hand, The Lion's Den is looking pretty weak these days, and Team Punishment hasn't been extremely active either.

I would probably rather be coached by any of the previous four than either of these two, though. Team Quest and Miletich both have been damn good these last few years.
                          Last edited by Cassius; 11/22/2005 1:30am, .
                          "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Originally posted by Jeice
                            Bring back Genki Sudo
                            I hear ya, bro.

Comment

Sam Hoger does not belong in the UFC. Not only did they give him a can, they gave him a fucking point karate can and he still nearly lost. By armbar to a karate guy WTF?
                              Also they need to stop putting on shitty Heavyweight fights. If they don't have any decent fighters then just don't put on a fight. Don't just get two sacks of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by lawdog
                                What techniques are old and out of date? Actually a better question would be what techniques would you consider new or modern?
                                Bda techniques:
                                Falling repatedly. It did not work against Rich Franklin.

Turning your back and getting punched in the head by Sakuraba and getting KO'ed

And making yourself and the sport your should have been an ambassador of look stupid by becoming a joke in the WWF. This hall of famer returned to MMA in 2000 and did not get a fight in the UFC until 2002. I think that says something.

Shamrock just has not evolved. Look at the difference between him and a fighter like Franklin or GSP. They are faster, more fluid, fight smarter, take less punnishment, adapt better. Guys like Frye, Shamrock, Severn are great fighters. But watch their fights side by side with the "new" fighters, world of difference. Shamrock fights all or nothing, leaving himself open to a lot of punnishment. Not a good way to win a fight.

I used to love Frank Shamrock, he was awesoeme in the 90's because he showed how being diverse would be the evolution of martial arts. But I really think he is outclassed by todays fighters who combine styles so fluidly there is no glaring weakness in thier game.

Do you really think that Shamrock would go the distance against Chuck Liddlell? I think if they fought he may take 1 out of 5. Or how about when the UFC first rolled out? Take it old school for Shamrock with no weight classes. Hughes, Franklin, Arlovski, GSP, Mir, Sylvia, would kill him. I don't think he would go more than 2 rounds with any of those guys.

But this is the single most important part coaching. Lions den fighters (from their site):
                                Alex Andrade - "El Toro"
                                Atilla Bodor
                                Jerry Bohlander
                                Mickey Burnett - "The Eastside Assassin"
                                Joe Hurley
                                Guy Mezger
                                Trevor Prangley
                                Ken Shamrock - "Worlds Most Dangerous Man"
                                Tra Telligman - "Trauma"
                                Vernon White - "Tiger"
                                Pete Williams - "El Duro"

Hmmmmmmmmmmm ????????? Tiger White.....and Trevor Prangley still active and can win. Everyone else? Retired or punching bag. If Shamrock was a good coach, wouldn't this list be bigger and better? Fighters who make a living in the sport go to where the knowlege is plain and simple. MMA fighter would flock to the lions den. There does not appear to be a line out the door.
                                Last edited by PEtrainer; 11/22/2005 9:08am, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X