No announcement yet.

UFC 56 : Full Force Results (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's this about Tito and Shamrock being TUF3 coaches? Which Shamrock, Frank or Ken?

Comment

Ken is coming to coach and apparently he and Tito will fight at some point. They have both signed multi-fight contracts. Should be an interesting season for TUF3.

Comment

Originally posted by Akurra
        The only black spot on this whole event was Prangley getting cheated out of a win. After the second round, even Horn's corner said "Lets assume you each have one round." Horn did have the first round, but the last two where Prangley's for sure. I was very dissapointed with the decision.
        I agree. Horn did not look good at all and should not have taken that decision.

Most sites seem to be pointing toward a Benn-St Pierre fight before either gets another shot at Hughes. That is a fight I would like to see!

Comment

In each of the two previous TUF seasons, the coaches were famous fighterers with upcoming title fights. TUF 1 hyped Couture vs Liddell. TUF 2 hyped Franklin vs Quarry and Hughes vs Parisyan/Riggs. So is it safe to assume that very soon following the end of TUF 3, there will be a UFC in which Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz fight for a title (fight eachother, or other people)?

Comment

hey also, who was that other announcer, he didn't sound like goldberg, i liked him alot more.
            also I'm super happy to see they switched to fairtex gloves.

Comment

I didn't drop the money on this UFC.

I saw 2 championship "fights" happening that looked like complete mismatched slaughters. And they seem to have been. The other fights had no interest.

From what I am reading the drama factor and 'set up' for reality television seems to have been a majority part of the show. "As The UFC Turns..."

Comment

*points to your avatar..
                Or "As Yrkoons head turns..."

Comment

I was more excited seeing BJ Penn and Tito walk out, than I was watching most of the fights. Overall the fights were not that great. I did like enjoy seeing GSP dominate Sherk though. GSP is a great fighter.

I think at UFC 58 we should see GSP vs. BJ Penn, and Karo vs. Hughes. I would buy a ppv to see either one of those matches.

Comment

Those gloves were not fairtex. The UFC gloves are still made by Ouano, they just feature a big UFC logo on them now.

Comment

Originally posted by FighterJones
                      hey also, who was that other announcer, he didn't sound like goldberg, i liked him alot more.
                      also I'm super happy to see they switched to fairtex gloves.

Matt Vasgersian was the new guy. He's a baseball announcer, also did the XFL. And he was not particularly good, tho this was his first UFC.

Comment

It was fun to see one of my trainers (Kirik) as cornerman to the most boring fight. It was also cool to see Napao and his crew (including Kirik) to be wearing IFIGHT T-shirts, which is Dave, my other trainer's, new brand of fight wear. I have one of those Tshirts on my wall, its too big for me, but it's like one of the first 10 printed. Maybe I should get it signed with a paint pen.

Comment

Originally posted by daigoro
                          Matt Vasgersian was the new guy. He's a baseball announcer, also did the XFL. And he was not particularly good, tho this was his first UFC.
                          Was he dressed exactly like Joe as some sort of joke?

Comment

Originally posted by Yrkoon9
                            I didn't drop the money on this UFC.

I saw 2 championship "fights" happening that looked like complete mismatched slaughters. And they seem to have been. The other fights had no interest.

From what I am reading the drama factor and 'set up' for reality television seems to have been a majority part of the show. "As The UFC Turns..."
                            I think the UFC is taking a page from PRIDE's book and trying to build name stars now. Tito Ortiz actually made a few good points in a rant posted to Sherdog a couple of weeks ago. Basically he was commenting on how the UFC has historically pushed the UFC, rather than take advantage of their star power. It's not necessarily the greatest development for fight fans, as this approach leads to some mismatches, but it is good business sense. All of the major fight organizations do this to one extent or another...it's part of a growth strategy and I hope it works, as I would like to see UFC's HW and LHW divisions compete with PRIDE's for talent. I think we would all gain from that in the long run.

Comment

I felt Horn did deserve the win.

For once the UFC judges counted the guard as a neutral position. Horn was working his but off from the bottom and doing a damn good job of controlling Prangley. I would have given horn the second round, same as Eddie Bravo. Prangley just sat in guard and threw down a few rabbit punches. Jeremy was working for subs, throwing elbows and Prangly truly looked controlled by Jeremy in the guard, in the second round.

The comments by Horns corner, by Rogan throughout the fight, and by Jeremy himself in the post fight interview about the fight going to Prangley were all based on the fact UFC judges notoriously award the fight to people who sit in top of guard. Finally for once they actually made the right decision.

Comment

Just my .02

I'm turning into a huge GSP fan. After completely dominating Trigg and then Sherk (that was a nice elbow btw). I'm close to nutridding this guy!...I would like to see him fight Penn in UFC 58, that would be a nice undercard for Liddell/Couture 3.

Rich Franklin showed Quarry what it takes to get the belt and keep it. We see that Rich didn't have a weak chin, but Quarry had a weak nose (nice left crosses by Franklin). I give props to Quarry though, I like to watch him fight, but I think a title shot was too quick and he didn't earn the right to be fighting for the belt just yet. Even if Franklin hadn't have knocked him out that quick, Quarry would have been eating knuckles all night, he left himself open to "down the pipe" shots.

Kevin Jordan vs. Gabriel Gonzaga should have been relegated to the parking lot, or some local carnival and not wasted everyones time and money with a stall-fest fight...that just sucked. Even though it ended rather nicely, it still sucked ass.

Jeremy Horn should have lost that decision, if for no other reason than Prangley was in the dominant position through out most of the fight.

Too bad Riggs didn't make weight, but then again it would have been a quick fight anyway...nice far side kimura for Hughes.

I didn't care for the new announcer, he didn't seem to know much about MMA and Rogan kept correcting him. But then again Rogan kept calling Trevor Prangley Travis Lutter through most of the fight.

I like the fact that they brought back BJ Penn, that will spice up the welterweight division.

I like how Shamrock went right after Tito Ortiz when he stepped into the octagon. That should make for an entertaining season of TUF. I would like to see them fight again. Shamrock gave Tito props after he lost to him, but Tito is such an ass anyway. It would be nice to see Shamrock KO/Submit him in a rematch.

I envy any fighter who makes it on TUF 3, to get to train with and be instructed by Shamrock is like going to basketball camp with Michael Jordan. Once in a life time experience.

Here's my dream fight card for UFC 58: (not that it would happen)

1. Liddell vs. Couture
                                2. BJ Penn vs. GSP
                                3. Nick Diaz vs. Diego Sanchez
                                4. Andre Arlovski vs. Frank Mir
                                5. Brad Imes vs. Tim Sylvia (just to see two big guys go at it)
                                6. Forest Griffin vs. Sam Hoger
                                7. Chris Leben vs. Rich Franklin
                                8. Karo Parisyan vs. Matt Hughes

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X