B. Hopkins vs. J. Taylor old skool vs. new school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B. Hopkins vs. J. Taylor old skool vs. new school

Well folks to bridge over from Gatti/ Mayweather we have Hopkins vs. Taylor.

I'm going with Hopkins I feel that he is the better boxer over Taylor and will take him the distance.

Hopkins is going to fight two more times after this and retire on his 41st B'day.

Roy Jones is interested in fighting Hopkins if he wins.

Taylor is talented enough to make this interesting

Roy needs to stop changing divisions.

Comment

He should stick around 168 instead of trying to steal belts whenever he can I agree.

Comment

Hopkins will take this one in a somewhat boring fight. I don't forsee a knockdown unless Taylor is not in fighting shape.

Comment

Hopkins is looking really good. Fantastic boxer, and the only one who might be able to challenge Mayweather for the best pound for pound fighter in boxing, imho.

Comment

All I got to say is who has Taylor fought? Joppy? A washed up fighter who posed no challenge to him.

Now he wants to fight the man who has ruled the middle weight division forever? Taylor has only fought fighters who were WAY too small and no natural middle weights, which Hopkins is.

Also, do you think that Hopkins is going to go up to fight Roy Jones, or that Roy Jones is going to drop enough weight to hit 168 pounds?

I sure as hell don't. Taylor may make this a good fight and has a lot of talent, but hasn't had the same opposition that Hopkins has.

I really want Hopkins to win and if Taylor wins, I will be mad.

Comment

Hopkins!!! 'nuff said!
              ______
              Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
              -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
              The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
              -Daniel Tosh

Comment

going with taylor cuz we are from the same state. ((not really proud of it tho lolz))

Comment

Yeah I think Jones can come down and Hopkins could go up to meet at 168 but they need to do it this year

Comment

I can't even picture any middle weight beating Hopkins right now. The only things I can see taking his belt are old age or a young Marvin Hagglar brought forward in time by a freak microwave accident.

Comment

In the Book of Revelation when they talk about the "pale rider" that is supposed to ride in on his horse and herald the end of the world?

They were talking about Bernard Hopkins.

Prediction: Hopkins by stoppage. Couldn't say when.

Comment

The King is dead! Long live the King!

Hopkins loses a split decision to Taylor.

Hopkins appears to have strategized his way out of the championship by giving away the first 7 rounds to facilitate an incredible second half rally. The strategy ALMOST paid off, and would have if he had started the rally one round earlier. A great fight, and the rematch will be even better.

The reign of the executioner is over...for now!

Comment

It was a good decision.

Taylor played the numbers.

Although we all know Taylor was getting seriously rocked in the last rounds, Hopkins waited to long (for a good reason : Taylor was throwing KO bombs for awhile) to jump on him and lost purely on the numbers.

Taylor outboxed him.

Although I am still completely ripped Hopkins lost the way he did, the judges made the right decision.

Comment

I'll have to watch it next week before I reserve judgement but Damn!

Comment

I agree with the decision as well. Hopkins rolled the dice on when to turn it on, and lost. Taylor rolled the dice on his knockout power and ended up gassing early and nearly blowing a 6-round lead. Gutsy fight for both guys.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X