Pro Hapkido Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro Hapkido Open

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site & really enjoy the post & clips on here.

Today in So Cal there's a Hapkido Tourney going down, this is the second one in the U.S. Last years was open to HKD only this year's open to other styles...I don't know why because now I don't think it's the HKD Open but an MA Open.
    Well anyhow here's the link for their site & anyone who's in So Cal that can make it out today. http://www.pro-hapkido.com/

Yeah I was there. What up with the rings????

Comment

so... some information of the tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by omega
        Yeah I was there. What up with the rings????

so was there any good competition?

Comment

They guy I went up against was pretty good. I'd love to fight the guy in a bigger ring. The comp was exactly as it would be expected. Some good some bad but all around it was a fun day. If this thing gets big I think we could be seeing a new MA explosion. Of course some of the rules took some getting used to. I'm used to hitting faces and kicking legs and not having such bulky hand gear. The guy I went up against was smart. He had some of the Pride FC hand gear which was approved by the judges. I had these stupid cobra chops. I would've loved to know that they weren't going to do any weigh ins. I weighed about 196 for the competition by opponent about 215. Then they decided to seperate according to rank and he was the only one near my rank so they bumped me to his weight class.

Comment

Comment

No, it was more like JJJ from Europe. Full contact body shots, only 45 seconds on the ground. No points for domination while on the ground which is the way I like it. 10 minute time limit. (I thought I was in condition until the 6 minute mark.)

Comment

sounds similar to the brazilian hkd tournaments except the low and high kicks, open palm strikes, knees, leglocks and slams (allowed here in brazil)

BTW this 31 july there will be a hkd tournament with vale tudo rules in osasco, sao paulo

there is an mma event called clube da luta which has hkd categories too

Last edited by bait; 6/28/2005 4:59pm, .

Comment

Now those sound like Pankration rules.

Comment

No kicks to the head?

Comment

Yeah, and some of those guys (minus the 6'10") really are vunerable to that.

Comment

Pro HKD

What's up all? I have footage can anyone tell me how to properly upload it ?

Peace,
                        BBJ

Comment

Send it to Phrost. Did you participate or were you a side line cheer leader?

Comment

I've seen the little clip from the 2004 one. How many of the competitors were actually from a HKD background? The trailer I saw had a guy in a blue Adidas gi (BJJ/Judo, methinks) armbarring someone.

Here's the trailer btw.
                            http://www.pro-hapkido.com/Portals/0/Trailer.mpg

Comment

cheer leader??

Naw I wasn't cheer leading, but I did enjoy the matches.
                              I've been recovering from a groin injury for awhile now & just had to sit there and watch..BUt I've got some helluva footage. :)
                              Which one were you?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X