Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rousey/Tate 3 - Women's MMA Sucks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Rousey/Tate 3 - Women's MMA Sucks

    http://www.ufc.com/news/miesha-tate-...the-winner-190

    Dude.....seriously? The UFC is going to make Ronda Rousey beat up Miesha Tate again? Why, for the love of all that is holy? Please kill me now.

    What a waste of talent. On what planet does a fighter who has gotten massacred by the champ in two title fights get another shot at that same champ? Not close fights. Not controversial decisions. Massacres. With a broken arm to boot.

    This matchup shows three things....

    1. The talent pool in women's MMA is complete garbage.

    2. The UFC is not committed to making the best possible matchups, particularly with the women. Because obviously the woman who has been destroyed by the champ twice is not the most likely person to beat the champ. Maybe no other woman on the planet can do it. But for crying out loud, give somebody else a fucking shot.

    3. The UFC wants to protect Rousey at all costs. She's their cash cow. They don't want anyone to beat her. They will baby her and give her the easiest route to victory in any way they possibly can.

    #2
    Rando Rousey vs Cm Punk.


    Fuck it, I don't care anymore.



    EDIT: To elaborate, Ronda is a Rocky Marciano situation. She's lightyears ahead of her competition, just beating up another fool every other week (might as well be Cm Punk).
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 7/28/2015 2:13pm, .

    Comment


      #3
      By the way, I've ALWAYS considered WMMA to be poor man's MMA.

      My interest in Ronda Rousey has faded like an old fad.

      Comment


        #4
        I actually have more respect for Rousey than I did a couple years ago. I thought she got way too much hype and was unproven and beatable. And I was right.

        But she's gotten better and is a much better fighter at this point. She'll never get her equivalent of Joe Frazier that could make her the WMMA equivalent of Ali. But that's mostly not her fault. The talent pool is weak and the UFC won't consistently match her against the best talent available.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Devil View Post
          The talent pool is weak and the UFC won't consistently match her against the best talent available.
          Apart from Cyborg, there is not much they can do.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
            Apart from Cyborg, there is not much they can do.
            Cyborg would still be interesting but the UFC already fucked that up, really. Those two should've fought way back, when it would've been a super exciting fight. Rousey would probably run through her like nothing now.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
              Apart from Cyborg, there is not much they can do.
              Also, I didn't say match her against people who can beat her. There's probably nobody who can beat her. But they could at least match her up with people she hasn't already hospitalized.

              Comment


                #8
                Tate is a top candidate. She's on a win streak of 4. She's the only one who survived Ronda for more than 1 round. And she at least has some name in the business.

                Plus, she's hot. Hot vs hot = $$

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
                  Tate is a top candidate. She's on a win streak of 4. She's the only one who survived Ronda for more than 1 round. And she at least has some name in the business.

                  Plus, she's hot. Hot vs hot = $$
                  Tate is a top candidate for another hospital stay. She's on a win streak and has a name in the business because the UFC actually lets her fight and they actually air her fights on main cards. Primarily because she has a great ass. Yes, hot = $$. That's true. But her ass does not make her a champion in any sport other than naked Twister.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Devil View Post
                    But her ass does not make her a champion in any sport other than naked Twister.

                    I think she'd be good at that!

                    https://instagram.com/p/5N7ifzCkok/

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Well who do you want Ronda to fight then (other than Cyborg) ?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
                        I think she'd be good at that!

                        https://instagram.com/p/5N7ifzCkok/
                        Ummm.......yeah. It is decidedly so.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
                          Well who do you want Ronda to fight then (other than Cyborg) ?
                          I want her to fight somebody she hasn't beaten up twice. I think that's a very simple concept.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            First of all, I like the matchup with this lesbian she's about to fight. That's an interesting fight. UFC gets it right occasionally. Then they backslide and make a pointless fight with Tate because they know it guarantees them another six months with their golden girl at the top of the heap, raking in money for them.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Devil View Post
                              First of all, I like the matchup with this lesbian she's about to fight. That's an interesting fight. UFC gets it right occasionally. Then they backslide and make a pointless fight with Tate because they know it guarantees them another six months with their golden girl at the top of the heap, raking in money for them.
                              = "I can't name a better candidate."

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X