Diaz vs St. Pierre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diaz vs St. Pierre

I was wondering what this community thought about a potential match-up between these 2 athletes? I would LOVE to see it! I think Diaz wins. I KNOW alot of people LOVE "Rush", but I just don't see him being better at striking nor submissions. His wrestling is TOP NOTCH, I will give him that, but when you are in over your head on the ground, wrestling doesn't go far IMO. I would love to hear other's thoughts on this. Sorry if this is a repost, I am new and have not yet learned all the forum "tools" yet. Thanks for understanding!

JBear

Nick would get smothered under GnP and constant takedowns.

Comment

GSP would win by takedowns and weak gnp from guard.

Comment

I dont think Diaz could stop GSP taking him down.

Another decision win for the Canadian.

Comment

Originally posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
          I dont think Diaz could stop GSP doing much of anything he wanted.

Another lackluster, albeit sure win for the Canadian.
          My sentiments exactly.

Comment

Guys like Fitch and Koscheck have had a hard enough time stopping his takedowns, and Nick's biggest weakness is his takedown defense. You can't count out Diaz, but I think this match-up is heavily in Georges favor.

Comment

I think he's the only guy at 170 who has a real chance at this stage.

Comment

This would be a fantastic fight, and I suck at picking fights so I will not do that here. But I do think Diaz is one of the few who can and WILL take it to St. Pierre.

That brings up another question, though... how long until Strikeforce and UFC guys start fighting? Will it be on a contract per contract basis or will the whole org. get absorbed/shut down like Pride?

Comment

Pride was not shutdown by the UFC.

Comment

God I hope Nick Diaz would win

Comment

I think GSP would have another decision in that one. I guess GSP adding weight to fight Silva has lost some steam now.

Comment

My money would still be on George But Nicks tough and I think he could make a fight out of it.

Comment

should be a good scrap
                          at least Diaz will have a go and he doesnt mind takin a few to land some
                          Lets hope it Happens

Comment

Diaz needs to take Mayhem up on his challenge...

Don't be scared hommie!!!

GSP wins.

I love the Diaz brothers but Nick crying about getting paid all the time is turning me off...

Comment

The Diaz boys have been at it a while and both in the contendership arena. I don't see either as a champ, but definitely "doorkeeper" fighters.

I think Nick thinks he's more of a draw than he is. He gets lots of attention in the media and wants it to translate more directly to his wallet.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X