Filipino Martial Arts vs Taekondo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi I'm going watch this, I'm new in this site and i was able to seen this. I'm learning Filipino Martial Arts in fmaadocepares.com and it made search for more about this field.

Hi Guys, I'm learning Filipino Martial Art, I'm newbie actually but my friends told me it's better to learn Taekondo. Anybody could help me understand which is really best? Thanks

Comment

Did your friend give any particular reason why you'd be better off with TKD?

Comment

Well I'd recomend you to chose neither of these styles.For a striking martial art, Kyokushin karate is great, or maybie shotokan if you want, dependly on what you like. If you want a weapon martial art, I strongly recommmend you Kendo.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan03 View Post
          Well I'd recomend you to chose neither of these styles.For a striking martial art, Kyokushin karate is great, or maybie shotokan if you want, dependly on what you like. If you want a weapon martial art, I strongly recommmend you Kendo.
          As a black belt in Shotokan, I cannot honestly recommend it for anything. Regardless of your purpose, there's probably something else that doesn't better. Muay Thai is better if you want a striking art. Wushu is better if you like striking cool poses. Kyokushin is cooler if you just have a hard-on for karate as a concept.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan03 View Post
            Well I'd recomend you to chose neither of these styles.For a striking martial art, Kyokushin karate is great, or maybie shotokan if you want, dependly on what you like.
            & these tips from a "boxer"....

If you want a weapon martial art, I strongly recommmend you Kendo.
            Are you kidding????

*****I'm fairly sure this thread needs to be moved******

Comment

Originally posted by Jim_Jude View Post
              Are you kidding????
              What?

If you can whack people with bamboo sticks, why not do the same with shotguns?

Seriously.

Comment

Ok, I was talking shit.Sorry, my bad:friends:

Comment

Despite my bias towards Taekwondo, I'd say forget about which style is better, and just find a damn good instructor. Every style has something to offer. You'll learn more from a skilled, dedicated instructor than you will from a guy who went to a few seminars for the current fighting fad.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X