Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lesnar/Dos Santos set TUF coaches, will fight for No. 1 contender spot

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/...ory?id=6012919

On the one hand, it's better for Dos Santos than sitting on the shelf for almost a year. On the other hand, there's no way in hell Lesnar deserves to be one fight away from a title shot after getting crushed so badly. Probably would have been more money in a Carwin rematch, and it would have made more sense than rewarding a loss with a number one contender's fight. On the other other hand(3 hands what the hell), Lesnar can't take a punch and Dos Santos hits like a fucking train. So it probably isn't going to go too differently.
    Last edited by Neo Sigma; 1/11/2011 7:52pm, .

Does Dos Santos have a good ground game?

Comment

Well, I don't think Nelson or Werdum ever got him down, and he popped right back up the one time Gonzaga took him down. So it's decent, at the least. And Lesnar's takedowns aren't what they're hyped up to be. I don't see Dos Santos having too much trouble if he follows the plan set out by Carwin and Velasquez.

Comment

In my opinion, Lesnar is a worthless piece of shit that gets handed opportunities he doesn't deserve simply for who he is. But this is going to rake in the ratings and make the fight at the end of the season a huge draw. I'm sure Dana is someplace right now, grinning and counting his money.

Comment

I love the idea of Santos and Lesnar fighting. However, Lesnar will be a boring coach. He has no charm, charisma, or leadership ability.

Dos Santos is a Brown Belt under the Nogs, so i think he can handle himself on the ground.

Santos via brutal knockout.

Comment

Originally posted by elipson View Post
            I love the idea of Santos and Lesnar fighting. However, Lesnar will be a boring coach. He has no charm, charisma, or leadership ability.

Dos Santos is a Brown Belt under the Nogs, so i think he can handle himself on the ground.

Santos via brutal knockout.
            I'm saying upper cut is what starts it off

Comment

Originally posted by devilboy7778 View Post
              I'm saying upper cut is what starts it off
              I say jab/cross. This could be a clunky season given Lesnars lack of personality and the language barrier for Dos Santos, hopefully the fighters will be colorful but not in an annoying way.

Comment

theyre coaching welterweights? that seems kind of odd. i mean what the fuck is lesnar going to teach a welterweight when his whole gameplan is based around gorilla smashing the opposition?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
                  theyre coaching welterweights? that seems kind of odd. i mean what the fuck is lesnar going to teach a welterweight when his whole gameplan is based around gorilla smashing the opposition?
                  I couldn't agree more. Even if it wasn't all Gorilla smashing, what can he do to coach a team when he's been training for less than 4 years? He'll have to bring coaches from his camp and solely rely on them to guide the team.

Comment

I expect both of them will rely heavily on a team that they bring with them. I am actually looking forward to this and their fight at the end of the season.

Comment

so much for Brock having a legitimate camp....I don't know. I think this lets Brock get his last contracted fight out of the way and he can go out with a bang.

Brock is still the biggest draw in the UFC...for now. He will not be the biggest draw after JDS obliterates him and it will make even more hype for JDS vs. Cain.

I am impressed that Brock is deciding to continue to fight. I am curious, as he has done no interviews or anything after the interview with Rogan in the ring. That was probably one of the most brutal beat downs in recent memory. I just don't see how he is going to handle the lights back on him again. You know that mess is going to come up during tough. I know none of those contendors wanna be in Brock's camp

Comment

If Brocks coaching staff consists of nothing more then him and his DeathClutch cronies we are in for one piss poor season of tuf.

Comment

I actually think Dos Santos is a more winnable fight for Brock than Cain, based soley on wrestling ability.
                          I'll preface this by saying every fight I've seen JDS in has been against someone trying to stand and bang with him (Cro Cop, Roy Nelson) so I have no idea what his counter wrestling is like, but the Black House camp (Lil Nog vs Bader, Silva vs Sonnen) has had trouble stopping takedowns in the past and I don't think Dos has the jiu jitsu of Big Nog or Anderson.

Comment

If Brock gets scared by early blow, his takedown attempts will slow down. I think JDS will TKO him at LEAST.

Comment

I am excited to see the fight, but at the same time, I agree that Lesnar doesn't deserve a tittle shot after one win considering how badly he lost the title.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X