Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

Bernard Hopkins: "MMA is guys in panties wrestling, it's a porno"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Bernard Hopkins: "MMA is guys in panties wrestling, it's a porno"

    Interesting interview, I'm kind of lost for words....

    YouTube- Bernard Hopkins "MMA IS GAY ENTERTAINMENT" -- RING TV UK

    #2
    If I was a pro boxer I would be bagging the hell out of MMA too. Just part of the game they play.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

    Comment


      #3
      I think boxing is starting to really feel the pressure being put on them by MMA and we can look forward to Chael level smack talk from both sides.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by MikeRC View Post
        I think boxing is starting to really feel the pressure being put on them by MMA and we can look forward to Chael level smack talk from both sides.
        Yes..and more WWE - like crossover events and tomfoolery..
        Sad.

        I think both sports should just be appreciated for what they are and people should stop with the 'which one is better' debate.
        " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

        Comment


          #5
          Bernard Hopkins = closet homo.

          Comment


            #6
            Our culture is still really homophobic and this kind of reaction is indicative of that. Two men wrestling = homosexuality? Wishful thinking Bernie, let's take a look at YOUR browser registry. I prefer to think of MMA and grappling in general as a homoSOCIAL activity much like any other gender segregated sport including boxing. I especially liked that he brought up S+M, i think he's kind of giving himself away here.
            Secret moves such as hitting a thing with your hand and hitting a thing with your leg have been stolen and degenerated by arts like karate, boxing, muay-thai, Kung-fu, and basketball. -Epicurious

            I for one welcome our new Ninja overlords.
            -Whiteshark

            I figure fighting a group of chunners would be like water torture, its not the force as such, just the constant trickle of chain punches wearing down your sanity. -The Juggernoob

            Comment


              #7
              ....Also board shorts =/= man panties.

              Comment


                #8
                MAM? Holy shit he doesn't even know what its called.

                Also Boxings boring as shit, its to men huging and punching in huge mittens, then dancing around, hell they love hugging so much to ref has to break it up, or they would just hug all day.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Sley View Post
                  MAM? Holy shit he doesn't even know what its called.

                  Also Boxings boring as shit, its to men huging and punching in huge mittens, then dancing around, hell they love hugging so much to ref has to break it up, or they would just hug all day.
                  I think he said MAA... But you are 100% correct boxing is not fun to watch

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by devilboy7778 View Post
                    I think he said MAA... But you are 100% correct boxing is not fun to watch
                    I think a lot of young people nowadays (I am not saying you, in particular, I don't know how old you are..but I just want to make a point) are going to formulate that opinion as well.
                    Because MMA provides such a different dimension to sport fighting then Boxing does and they will have grown up comparing the two they will see Boxing as one-dimensional and not gain an appreciation for it, I think this is unfortunate because if you appreciate Boxing for the science that it is - it isn't boring at all.But there are boring fights..just as there are in MMA sometimes.
                    Heavyweights can be very boring..especially after thay gas out and clinch and hold for the last 5 rounds of a fight.
                    I suggest watching the lower weight classes where the guys throw upwards of 2,000 punches in a fight and then maybe it will appeal more to you.
                    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by OZZ View Post
                      I think a lot of young people nowadays (I am not saying you, in particular, I don't know how old you are..but I just want to make a point) are going to formulate that opinion as well.
                      Because MMA provides such a different dimension to sport fighting then Boxing does and they will have grown up comparing the two they will see Boxing as one-dimensional and not gain an appreciation for it, I think this is unfortunate because if you appreciate Boxing for the science that it is - it isn't boring at all.But there are boring fights..just as there are in MMA sometimes.
                      Heavyweights can be very boring..especially after thay gas out and clinch and hold for the last 5 rounds of a fight.
                      I suggest watching the lower weight classes where the guys throw upwards of 2,000 punches in a fight and then maybe it will appeal more to you.
                      This. The art of slipping is not represented well in MMA.

                      Boxing is a noble sport that, like BJJ, develops a specific skill set. OZZ makes a good point that many younger people do not appreciate the striking skill developed by boxing.
                      Shut the hell up and train.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I think Boxing is awesome to watch when you are watching two dudes that are going at it... and not one dude running and duckin' the entire fight only to win on points. But, that's the same thing I'd say for an MMA fight, too.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Odacon View Post
                          Interesting interview, I'm kind of lost for words....

                          YouTube- Bernard Hopkins "MMA IS GAY ENTERTAINMENT" -- RING TV UK
                          Nick Diaz by RNC in 0:15.

                          Manny Pacquiao is why I sometimes watch boxing; Floyd Mayweather Jr. and the Pacquiao vs. Mayweather bullshit are good examples of why I don't watch boxing very often.

                          Also, the refereeing in major bouts has been terrible for the last few years. Joe Cortez needs to retire, and Kenny Bayless should be forced out of the profession...possibly to include a month of being Wanderlei Silva's sparring partner.
                          Originally posted by Snake Plissken
                          cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
                          Originally posted by Kiko
                          But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
                          Originally posted by Robstafarian
                          Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

                          What is instead happening is thus:
                          1. Your argument is bullshit.
                          2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
                          3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

                          That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I enjoy watching boxing for the same reasons I enjoy watching MMA, for the display of skill and technical proficiency.

                            Both sports have the potential to become boring grindfests, it depends on the fighters. Styles make fights.

                            That being said, no one on Earth clinches more enthusiastically than a fucking boxer... so I think Mr Hopkins needs to readjust his attitude towards man hugging a little bit.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by OZZ View Post
                              I think a lot of young people nowadays (I am not saying you, in particular, I don't know how old you are..but I just want to make a point) are going to formulate that opinion as well.
                              Because MMA provides such a different dimension to sport fighting then Boxing does and they will have grown up comparing the two they will see Boxing as one-dimensional and not gain an appreciation for it, I think this is unfortunate because if you appreciate Boxing for the science that it is - it isn't boring at all.But there are boring fights..just as there are in MMA sometimes.
                              Heavyweights can be very boring..especially after thay gas out and clinch and hold for the last 5 rounds of a fight.
                              I suggest watching the lower weight classes where the guys throw upwards of 2,000 punches in a fight and then maybe it will appeal more to you.
                              Speaking of rapid punching a nice clips of amusing boxing

                              YouTube- Joe Calzaghe The Boxing Living Legend Joe Calzaghe 46-0 (KO 32) +

                              Also who says boxing can't be a freak show?

                              YouTube- bob mirovic vrs Nikolai Valuev round 1

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X