Articles, Papers, and Theories - Roy Harris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Articles, Papers, and Theories - Roy Harris

After reading the Geoff Thompson thread, I started thinking about other articles and papers that I have read. One of the best sites I have found is www.RoyHarris.com. You have to get a free ID and password now in order to read the articles, which sucks, but it might be worth your while. (...and, no, I don't get paid by Mr. Harris. :) )

I like Roy's stuff.

Comment

I own Roy's BJJ 101 and 201.

Well worth the money. Deus trains at his school.
      Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
      "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

I know Roy, I don't get paid by him, I'm not a friend of his I've just met him and his students a few times:

That being said, if you get a chance to train with this guy do it. He has much to share.

Comment

The only thing I ever wondered about was a quote that was attributed to Roy Harris, although I don't know if he actually said it:

"A BJJ blue belt can beat a black belt in any other art - a purple belt can beat his instructor,"

I know judoka that BJJ purple belts could never dream of beating. But then, did Roy Harris really say it, and if he did, maybe he was trolling on Sherdog or something.

Comment

There is the operative word "can" in that sentence, as opposed to "will". From my experiance, and remember I'm not a BJJ guy, it is true.

Comment

<--- bows to Deus. He's a lucky guy.

Comment

Originally posted by omega
                There is the operative word "can" in that sentence, as opposed to "will". From my experiance, and remember I'm not a BJJ guy, it is true.
                I didn't think of that. I won't bother to look up the exact quote seeing as I don't no whether or not he actually said it. I think someone around here had it as a sig for a while.

Comment

Mr. Harris is "the bomb".

Comment

I used to have that quote as my sig.

Yes, it was a quote from Roy that I picked up somewhere.
                    Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
                    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

i checked it out lot of good conent. Gotta say though seems like the mans got a very different attitude than deus though..

Comment

Anthony : You should make it your sig again. Your current one sucks. It's like something you expect to see on a sticker on the back of a car.

Comment

Originally posted by soul mind fist
                          i checked it out lot of good conent. Gotta say though seems like the mans got a very different attitude than deus though..
                          If I took aikido, I'd be bitter towards myself too.

Comment

:D

Comment

mmm bitter fuck i need a beer

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X