No Mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Mind

For about 10 seconds today, I had it. Just thought I'd let you all know. It's very nice.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

What were you smoking?

Comment

I was sparring.
      Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

Get knocked out on your feet?

Comment

the old " doing without doing'", or effortless effort, you never entered that state in other activities? , like driving, or doing your taxes?
          8 years till retirement.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Driving.

I hit an off duity cop. Zoning out = BAD.

On the good side, his SUV was unarmed. The bad side.... my car was trashed.
                Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Comment

No mind for 10 seconds? How do you know it was 10 seconds if you had no mind?
                  "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
                  - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog shit on your shoe.-Ronin69

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                    Because you can be aware of it happening after it happened. 10 seconds was an approximation, based on the usual length of a two stick sparring exchange. I can remember everything that happened during the "period" with clarity. It was "no mind" while it happened, though.
                    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

Do you meditate, JKDChick?

Comment

Ah I see JKDChick...well then, kick ass. No mind has happened to me a few times, but I'm trying to get it more often. I tend to fight with the things I've been taught that way, rather than thinking about them as I do them.
                        "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
                        - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog shit on your shoe.-Ronin69

Comment

Originally posted by JKDChick
                          Because you can be aware of it happening after it happened. 10 seconds was an approximation, based on the usual length of a two stick sparring exchange. I can remember everything that happened during the "period" with clarity. It was "no mind" while it happened, though.
                          Last edited by Greg; 2/07/2004 8:03pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                            That is what I call "no mind" -- doing without thought. I reacted to several attacks and attacked back, without thinking or planning. That is "no mind" to me.

No, I don't meditate. I used to.
                            Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

You were in "The Zone" baby!!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X