X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Hannibal
    Fuck Wing Chun. Stick with Bjj. Grappling is the way to go.
    A fine example of trolling.

The topic wasnt striking vs grappling. It was wether Infidel wanted to continue in wc or not.:eek:

Leave a comment:

• matzahbal
    replied
    2 unarmed muggers vs. me and my wife=2 muggers getting their asses whipped.
    Of course that's if only they have less training than you ;)

Leave a comment:

• Tenguru
    replied
    Doesn't wrestling have some of the best takedowns/counter-takedowns? I've never wrestled, but this is what i've been told.

Leave a comment:

• Tenguru
    replied
    The thing with a lot of BJJ schools is it's very expensive to get unlimited training. You can often pay like 50 bucks less per month for 2X week training. In that case, why not complement BJJ with another art? If the second art is free, go for it.

Leave a comment:

• DARKSON
    replied
    sure.

Leave a comment:

• riceavenger
    replied
    But traning in both at the same time?

Leave a comment:

• DARKSON
    replied
    wrestling and bjj are good together

Leave a comment:

• riceavenger
    replied
    Some people here suggest not doing two arts at once...but what if the two arts are somewhat similar, look wrestling and BJJ? I want to joing the team at school but I dont want to quit BJJ either. Plus, I only get to go to about BJJ like twice a week so I figure I have time for wresetling

Leave a comment:

• DARKSON
    replied
    Originally posted by much love
    imagine 2 muggers when you are out with your wife
    2 unarmed muggers vs. me and my wife=2 muggers getting their asses whipped.

2 armed muggers=ever chain punch a bullet.

imagine a crowd so tight there isn't room
    Leave through the crowd or just take guy down anyway if crowd is not fighting also.

imagine you are one on one but your opponent has friends running over
    keep choking the first guy, he will be asleep in a few seconds then run away.
    imagine a knife
    ever chain punch a knife? run away.

Leave a comment:

• GrinningDog
    replied
    Imagine you're the guy with the knife. be the feeder.

Leave a comment:

• much love
    replied
    a lot of fights have been ended w/chain punches in less than 3 seconds
    why would a bjj person stand up
    cause sometimes no matter how good you are on the ground you just don't want to go there
    imagine 2 muggers when you are out with your wife
    imagine a crowd so tight there isn't room
    imagine you are one on one but your opponent has friends running over
    imagine a knife

Leave a comment:

• PizDoff
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMcFu
    The WT I took taught to keep chain punching no matter what, even on your back. Looks like a big fat armbar in the near future for pulling that stuff.
    :D
    Obviously not a technique against an experienced grappler.
    Especially not on your back.
    But it would work against the untrained...

Leave a comment:

• Tenguru
    replied
    you could always flail your broken appendages like that "karate kid 2" technique.

Leave a comment:

• matzahbal
    replied
    Re: losing interest in wing chun

Originally posted by infidel
    i have been doing wing chun for a few months now. i orginally started because a friend of mine convinced me it was the way to go when i started expressing my losing interest in aikido for its lack of realism. anyway i was thinking wing chun was much better and decided to add bjj because i thought that the main weakness of wing chun was lack of grappling/groundwork. however, after two weeks in bjj i am beginning to think i am getting very littel out of wing chun. is this just a feeling i will get over or should i quit wing chun?
    Do you play with your wing chun brothers at all? Or do you just stand there and drill? By play I mean do you guys just go at it and throw things at eachother to see what works and what doesn't and why. Any art because "boring" if you just sit there and drill and drill and drill.

Have you try applying your BJJ against your Wing Chun brothers and vice versa?

So far you're just sounding like somebody who just quits when he gets bored without trying to do something about it first.

Leave a comment:

• MrMcFu
    replied
    The WT I took taught to keep chain punching no matter what, even on your back. Looks like a big fat armbar in the near future for pulling that stuff.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X