Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what wing chun lineage/where do you train?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what wing chun lineage/where do you train?

please no "wing chun sucks" replies.

i'm just curious as to where and with whom the people on this board train wing chun. i've been training for 2 years in NC with a student of duncan leung(disciple of yip man). i'm not big into lineages as a source of guaranteed credibility, i'm just curious about who trains and where and for how long.

wing chun sucks.
    You say what about my rice?

Comment

How many did you sparr with? :D
      Last edited by Freddy; 2/05/2004 5:46pm, .
      Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

That civilisation may not sink,
        Its great battle lost,
        Quiet the dog, tether the pony
        To a distant post;
        Our master Caesar is in the tent
        Where the maps are spread,
        His eyes fixed upon nothing,
        A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

Leung Ting Wing Tsun (also a direct pupil of Yip Man) in Germany. Haven't trained for 7 years b/c of an accident, just started again in August 03. Before that I'd done 3 years from 1994 to end of 1996...

Comment

I suck Wing Chun!
            Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

5 years
              started w/ Paul Gerald who studied w Richard Guerra for 2 years and got a certificate from Yip Chun, did it for 1 1/2 years
              I trained another student of Richard Guerra's, Kieth Peavy for 6 months or so
              then with Richard Guerra for 6 months or so
              I had my 1st form polished by Louis Vasquez (Guerra, Ting, Emin), Paul Tse (Chung),
              Ron Raistiano (Fong)
              I trained with Millard Roper (Robert Chou)in Boulder for 6 months or so
              And the best of all George Hernadez (Duncan Leung) for only a couple of months
              I am through the first 3 empty hand sets and have some(not much) of the dummy

Comment

I've been training here in, Northern Ireland, for just under two years. I train with half a dozen different sifus who are students of Ting Kwok Wai (and occasionally with Master Ting). He is a student of Chu Shong Tin, who is one of Yip Man's 'disciples'.

Jonny

Comment

When I learned WC, I learned from Stephen Frankel, who in turn learned from Terrace Yip, who in turn learned from Yip Chun. Theyre not related if thats what your thinking

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X